Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Neck brace and mask headgear?
RE: Neck brace and mask headgear?
Paula, I know the P10 Headgear is not your favorite, so you probably don't want to hear this, but...........the P10 may work best with the neck brace, and would be easier to maneuver.
Less to handle.

Whatever you decide, wishing you well. Sleep-on-pillow
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best of Luck Paula, and may your recovery be speedy!

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 was the only mask that gave me a sore spot. Not on the nostril itself, but higher up the nose where the pressure caused a wrinkle. I hated that mask. I gave it a try, but the headgear is its weak spot. If they ever fix that, it would be a wonderful, quiet mask.

I'll update everyone tomorrow afternoon after I see the spine doc.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
we will be tuned in - hoping for the best outcome!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up with the Aspen Vista Collar as my neck brace. And no, there is no way in heck the Simplus would work with this thing. I don't even thing with a modified headgear that the face gear would fit with the chin support. Even the Nuance is touching the padding slightly. Some of the nasal pillows with the larger interface may have problems with a big neck brace such as this.

I used my Nuance which has just two straps. One goes on the back of the head and the other goes on top.

The brace does a good job of keeping my mouth closed and keeping me from lip leaking. I would NOT recommend this as a way for people to get rid of it. This brace must be fitted correctly or your cervical spine could be damaged. Unlike the foam collar where your neck can still move, there ain't such a thing in this beast!

I am having to sleep on my back. The chin padding on the brace is pushing slightly on the mask and we have to be creative with the hose to compensate. I only have to wear this while sleeping for a week. If I had to wear it longer, we would have to come up with some sort of hose loop to help keep the mask in place or get better at placing the chin support cushion lower.

Anyway, wanted to close this thread up with the update in case anyone does a search for it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 35 3 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,660 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 441 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 355 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 476 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.