Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed survey participants [N30i Mask]
ResMed survey participants [N30i Mask]
I was chosen to be a reviewer of a ResMed N30i new nasal cushion. I had to use the cushion for two weeks and then return it to ResMed after completing an online survey.

Just wondering if anybody else participated and if so what were your thoughts about the new mask.

The new mask reduce the airflow coming from the front of the cushion and only had release of air coming from the top of the connection near your head. I found it to be extremely comfortable and my only problem was getting a strong seal over the two week period. Might apneas did not change. I think I would use the new cushion and sacrifice seal for comfort.

Appreciate any comments
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Remed survey participants [N30i Mask]
Is this a “new design “ to the n30i that has come out?  I like the n30i but don’t like the fact that it has a strong front exhaust, wish they made it with a quiet filter like tho p30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have any pictures ? I am curious to see how different it is from the N30i that I got a couple of weeks back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched back to my N30i last night because the P30i had caused a small sore on my nose. I didn't sleep well, it might have been the noise as I found it hard to get a decent seal. This is the first time it's happened so I will also be interested to see if this is an upgrade.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just bumping this to see if anyone has any information about a new design for the n30i cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any knowledge, but speculation: the N30 cushion has a newer vent design than the N30i. It would be logical for ResMed to update the latter with the (better) N30 design.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've found that I need to tighten the head gear when swapping between P30i and N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the P30i for a while, but the seal kept leaking and my nose hurt. Switched to the F20 Cushion, with a small cotton patch in the bridge of the nose area.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed survey participants [N30i Mask]
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any information concerning a new diffuser design for the n30i mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed survey participants [N30i Mask]
@Yankees123  -  You got your wish - ResMed changed the cushions on the N30i to their "quiet filter" style that are so squishy soft, a different shape, and hard to clean, I have had to abandon the N30i mask all together because I can no longer get the therapy I need, and I no longer can get the older style (better style for me) N30i cushions.  The newer N30i 'quiet filter' cushions don't stay in place because the rigid support that was part of the original cushion is gone.  The big rush of major leaks makes much more noise than the original cushion does.  

I am totally bummed that my favorite mask is now virtually unusable for me because the older cushions for the N30i are no longer available.  Everyone is different, but after 10 years of CPAP therapy, I dread having to go through the whole "find a usable mask" thing again because ResMed ruined the AirFit N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 346 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,552 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 488 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 508 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 424 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.