Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan
ResScan
Has anyone had any luck solving the "30 Day Compliance Report" feature in ResScan? Meaning it's tendency to show only 30 days of first using when attempting to get a 30 day compliance report and it's refusal to show last 30 days use which one would expect.
I suspect it's possibly a built in software security feature related to ResScan. Meaning the company and it's software developers purposely put in the program it defaulting to first 30 days use always.
Why? Concern that "bootleg" copies of the software would get out to the public in general.
Why a concern? Because many people who for whatever reason (career requirements) have made the mistake of reporting a sleep disorder and have been placed on a requirement to demonstrate successful therapy use. Usually as a 30 day compliance report or even a longer time period.
This would open the possibility of a person with ResScan software of being able to print a 30 day compliance report and turning it in to whomever they have to show compliance to, with it being possible for the printed report to be "faked" by different means to show more positive results.
It seems most or all Physician offices and DME are using the Airview system which is limited to them only with the general public not allowed access. (At least the last time I tried to access Airview anyway). This would allow the "sanctity" of the 30 day compliance report for reporting purposes.
Does this seem like a likely explanation for the slight software "glitch" in ResScan software to anyone? Does anyone know this may be so as a truth in fact?
Surely a software developer could examine the code and and confirm or deny and possibly even remove this if it's true?
Just hypothetical thinking on my part.
RE: ResScan
Try this; Highlight the 30 day period you want then select "Usage Compliance" in "Select Report".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
It sounds to me like you are just not very familiar with ResScan. If you select the dates that you want a report on from the list on the upper left side of the screen before selecting Report, you will have whatever dates you require on the report. There is no refusal to show the last 30 days.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Yup the default is the first 30-day compliance

"<SCHEME FallbackSchemeTag='USAGE_COMPLIANCE' PreAction='SelectFirst30Days' Tag='FIRST_30_DAYS'>"

You cannot alter this to say PreAction='SelectLast30Days'. Would be nice to have that work.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
The ResScan software copy being distributed is not a "boogleg" copy. It's from ResMed's own website and it's available for anyone to download. We don't publicise the link directly on the forums because we want ResMed to continue to make it available to us. That's why heathcareworker sends out the download link via email (see here).

ResMed advises that it is intended to be used under the guidance of a physician, but there's nothing to prevent a patient from downloading, installing and using it. The caveats in the eula are there to protect ResMed from lawsuits, primarily... and to prevent people from changing the code or profiting from ResMed's code.

We've had a vice-president from ResMed on this forum and he knows that the download link is being distributed to patients.

That said, ResScan is not open-source software, so changing the code would probably be a violation of some sort, depending upon the country in which you live. For that reason, discussion of any specific changes to the code itself will not be allowed here. So please keep that in mind.

In addition, any posts that violate applicable laws will not be allowed. This would include any talk of changing the ResScan code in order to "fake" a compliance report that could be used to commit insurance fraud or violate applicable laws intended to ensure compliance for one's profession (such as a truck driver or heavy-equipment operator, or other occupations that involve government licensing, etc). Please keep that in mind also.

Thanks. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Another reason it may default to the first 30 days use always would be Medicare requirements. I'm not aware of what the process involved is, but reading the Medicare requirements seem to show that 30 days compliance is a requirement for them to pay for treatment. Saw nothing stating it had to be the most recent 30 days use. Someone using Medicare could confirm this hopefully?

Did anyone ask the President why the software worked this way?

I wasn't aware that my post stated anywhere that I advocated or was searching for ways to alter any software. It was just stating hypothetical reasons to explain why the software defaults as it does.
The software has been available for purchase on the internet if one wanted it.
(12-12-2016, 01:59 PM)Prometheus Wrote: I wasn't aware that my post stated anywhere that I advocated or was searching for ways to alter any software. It was just stating hypothetical reasons to explain why the software defaults as it does.

You certainly implied it, here (I've bolded the salient words):

(12-12-2016, 01:59 PM)Prometheus Wrote: This would open the possibility of a person with ResScan software of being able to print a 30 day compliance report and turning it in to whomever they have to show compliance to, with it being possible for the printed report to be "faked" by different means to show more positive results.

and here:

(12-12-2016, 01:59 PM)Prometheus Wrote: Surely a software developer could examine the code and and confirm or deny and possibly even remove this if it's true?
Just hypothetical thinking on my part.

(12-12-2016, 01:59 PM)Prometheus Wrote: The software has been available for purchase on the internet if one wanted it.

You can download and use ResScan for free-- info HERE. I'm not sure what the fact that some unscrupulous DMEs are "selling" free software has to do with your point. Even if you purchase the software from a DME, that still doesn't give private parties any legal right to change the code, as per the ResScan EULA. Dont-know

In any case, I think you've gotten your questions answered in the replies above, so this thread is closed for now.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,254 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 146 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 321 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 328 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,512 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 602 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58
  Using ResScan 7.0 Wondering2 4 1,287 11-14-2022, 04:15 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.