Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan?
Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't know which file extension to look for (I renamed my "patient file" , ResMed/ResScan/Exports/xxx.csv to "CPAP data.xlsx").  No other files in that folder, and nothing else in Documents.  I checked the programs folder but didn't see any promising file extensions (but again, wasn't sure what I was looking for).  Bottom line: I got the same error when I tried to start the program.  Did I need to restart the computer?
Post Reply Post Reply
With Windows it couldn't hurt. You never know what might happen.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
1. restart and retry was a fail
2. tried a "right click" to troubleshoot compatibility
3. program started up flawlessly (this is 5.8)
4. windows "applied the settings to the program" and it ran successfully a second time
5. think I'll stop while I"m ahead. Thanks for giving me "one more push"!

sorry, when I ran in the "troubleshoot compatibility" mode, the computer selected windows 8 as the version. Sorry I forgot to mention that ....
Post Reply Post Reply

Congrats.

I tried again with installing it in a directory under C in case (x86) was messing with it and modifying permissions to give users, authenticated, and me full. No joy. being I have a pre-release version I can't say my tests will ever bare any fruit.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Alan,
A member informed me that he got ResScan working by renaming the data directory and exporting the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Resmed entry then deleting the registry entry. Then ran it to allow it to create new registry entry and a new data directory. It is starting to appear that there isn't a "one fix for everybody".
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
OK folks, please don't get frustrated and jump out a one story Window and get cut on blades of grass.

Sorry had to say that. I'll have to try the run as admin idea. Will update findings when I do this.
Due to my sarcastic nature, it may not be obvious that I am not a doctor nor do I pretend to be one. My advice is from personal experience. Follow my advice as a choice not as an order. 2 of these  Coffee Coffee per day keep the bad times away.
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-02-2017, 07:12 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Alan,
A member informed me that he got ResScan working by renaming the data directory and exporting the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Resmed entry then deleting the registry entry. Then ran it to allow it to create new registry entry and a new data directory.   It is starting to appear that there isn't a "one fix for everybody".

Red,

Thinking-about I don't recall if I rebooted after removing the reg entries last time. Rookie mistake heh  Rolleyes

I'll go through this again. Uninstalling everything, Resmed, VC++ runtimes, repairing .net, walking the reg, deleting all folders resmed leaves behind after uninstalling (Jr programmers...) and reboot a few times just to upset the apple cart. Will report back.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Alan. I've gone through 8 different PC's with Win 10 v1703 trying stuff. Six of the computers are at a CPA firm where I oversee their network. I've kind of worn out my welcome testing this. However, they can now prepare your taxes and give you a sleep analysis report. Try and get that from a H&R Block.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
I've come across another "something to try".  There have been reports that Windows forgets its virtual memory mapping after updating to 1703. Go to System Properties->Performance Options->Advanced->Virtual Memory->Change

Check-> Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleepyhead vs. ResScan Pre-Installation Questions Ron The Piper 5 208 11-13-2017, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Ron The Piper
  AirView vs ResScan yankees123 2 237 10-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Admin Note] New ResScan version 5.8 SuperSleeper 10 4,003 10-07-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  ResScan Help-How to print 1yr. Certificate? Zerojunk 1 316 09-06-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResScan v SleepyHead slight difference in data interpretation . dwd1249 0 375 09-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  ResScan and WiFi RobertWA 5 342 08-21-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: RobertWA
  Older versions of ResScan? Lee the Bee 7 510 07-31-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Lee the Bee