Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 3.16-SP1
ResScan 3.16-SP1
ResScan was recently updated to SP-1. Has anyone attempted to go from 3.16 to 3.16-SP1? If so, how did you do it? By installing over the old version or uninstalling the old version first? Can you tell what the upgrade did?
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 3.16-SP1
You should be able to install right over the top of the old version... but I'd backup the data from the old copy first if you can... just make a copy of the entire directory in a separate directory and name it different.

Quote:Download notes:

You may need to click the yellow bar at the top of the browser window to allow the download.

If a dialog box appears with the option to open/run or save, click save and choose a location where you will be able to find the file later.

Before you install ResScan, please ensure the following:

You have Administrator privileges to the PC(s) you intend to install the software on.
You have write access to the installation directory in order to run ResScan.
ResScan can be installed on Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows 7 Professional 32 and 64 bit.
If storing ResScan Patient Folders to a remote server or drive, you have write/read access to this location.
You need to make sure that Internet Explorer 5.5 (or greater) has been installed on your computer.
If you are unsure of any of these items, contact your computer administrator before proceeding.

Installation

Ensure that all other applications are closed before beginning ResScan installation.

After the download is complete, locate the file where it was saved.
Click on the file and open it to commence the software installation. The installation process will start automatically.
The install program prompts you through the installation process. Follow the instructions on the screen.
During installation, one of the dialogs asks you to choose a Complete or Custom installation. Choose Custom to change the installation directory from the default location.
During installation, a dialog will ask you whether you want to install the drivers for the ResScan USB Adapter (S9 devices), ResScan Data Card Reader (S8 devices) and ResMed USB Direct Connection (Stellar). This is the preferred method of installing the drivers if they are not already installed on your machine.
When the installation program has completed copying all the necessary files to your computer, the Installation Completed dialog box is displayed.
Click the Finish button to close the Installation Completed dialog box.
Note: Existing custom reports are not deleted during the upgrade.
Your computer may need to be restarted. If a dialog box advises you to restart, you must do so in order to have access to the ResScan software.

You will now be able to start ResScan using the ResScan icon on the desktop. If the icon is not available, start ResScan using the Windows Start menu.

Troubleshooting

Upgrading from a previous version of ResScan

Please note that if an existing version of ResScan is being upgraded, the very first time ResScan is run after the upgrade, the ResScan application will access the original installation files and display progress information on configuration activities. If you happen to encounter any errors when running ResScan after an upgrade, please uninstall ResScan from the Control Panel and run the installation again.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
As usual, the best way to upgrade any application other than one provided by a quality software company (and there are few) who expressly say to install over the old version, is to uninstall the old version first. My OS is Win7 x64, and I didn't.

When I began the process(after first saving my data),the first screen which appeared allowed you onlyto Modify, Repair or Uninstall the original installation. I tried to upgrade, using Modify, and on completion checked the version number. No change. I closed and reopened ResScan. No change in number. So I deleted the old version, cleaned my registry, and installed the new version. Even selecting Custom installation, it no longer allows you to initially choose your data directory, instead providing only its default location. After reinstalling with the SP1 version, I started the program, and checked the version number. Once again, no change. I am unaware of any other software application which has an updated, or later version, which does not change its version number, but this one remains as 3.16.018 - the same as the original WITHOUT a service pack (SP) upgrade. At least ResMed has quality machines! I cannot say with certainty if the "Modify" procedure is as effective as a clean install, since there are no version numbers changed, but personally, with slightly buggy software, a clean install is my choice.

For those who choose to keep their data in a separate partition, for easy backup or other reasons, the method to change the data location from the default in the "new" ResMed is as follows:

1. Backup your current personal data file
2. Create your desired backup folder at a location of your choice
3. Go to the folder where ResScan is installed
4. Right click on ResScan.exe, and select "run as administrator". (Even doing so, ResMed will, at a later point in this process, tell you to do so and then make you confirm you wish to proceed. Do proceed.)
5. On the opening ResScan screen select Tools (upper left of screen)from the menu bar
6. Next select Patient Manager
7. On the top of the Patient Manager screen, where it shows the default data location (C:/ProgramFiles(86)/Resmed/ResScan3/Patients), choose Browse, and select where you want your data to be stored, and hit Enter and close the screen
8. Copy the contents of the entire original ResMed folder to your new folder
9. Copy your patient data (which is probably under your own name) from wherever you stored it, and put it in the Patients folder. If you choose, you can safely remove the Examples.
10. You are done!

ResMed has added two new folders to their data folder, one named CDI and one named RDI. I don't know their exact purpose, but be sure they are included when you copy the ResMed folder in 8. above.

If you want to do this, and find you have questions because of confusing directions above, I will be happy to help. The real key is to make sure you have a secure copy of your personal data. With that, you can uninstall/install as many times as you wish and not lose anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good stuff, JumpStart... I sent you a PM this morning, just so you know...

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have just purchased the S9. I have installed the ResScan and am getting an error message.

intf!=0@
c:\PROGRA~1\Borland\cBUILD~1\BIN\..\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Pres (Y)es to terminate, (N)o to continue and ©ancel to Debug

If I type N or C it goes into ResScan, didn't try Y.
When I try to download from the ResMed SD card it says "there are no drivers available for download. connect a flow generatior or data card and try again. "

I re-downloaded and installed the program files again and still same problems. I have the s9 as the device in the patient record and the computer recognizes the sd card. there are files on the sd card.
Can you help me? Secondly, where do I find the sp1 download?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, cclearlynow. What operating system are you using? Did you install the drivers with ResScan? That is a no no, which may be causing your problem, depending on your OS. When you download ResScan, what is the exact name of the file you download? I am not located where I can check my copy, but it should contain something like ...3.16_SP1.exe in it. It should be the only file available to download, unless you try to get a copy of an older version.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2012, 11:49 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Hi, cclearlynow. What operating system are you using? Did you install the drivers with ResScan? That is a no no, which may be causing your problem, depending on your OS. When you download ResScan, what is the exact name of the file you download? I am not located where I can check my copy, but it should contain something like ...3.16_SP1.exe in it. It should be the only file available to download, unless you try to get a copy of an older version.
hi, jumpstart, I appreciate your response.
I am running windows Vista home premium version 6.0. I went back to the download and find my original download was the sp1. No drivers loaded. I am on explorer version 9. I reinstalled the download again with repair. still get the "error" message on loading the ResScan. The S9 is currently in use so I cannot pull the sd card at the moment. will try again in the morning.... I expect same results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly, I don't have good news for you. The others with whom I have dealt having problems with ResScan which we were unable to resolve all involved Vista. Some were able to solve things only by using another machine with XP or Win7. I suppose it is also possible to use a "virtual" machine, and those OSs, although that is difficult unless you are an advanced computer user. Are any of these other choices viable options for you? If not, I would do a complete uninstall, clean my registry (if you are familiar with how to do that), make sure all files were actually uninstalled, and then do a completely new installation. I don't have high expectations for the latter choice, but it is the only method I can recommend.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have searched all morning for a link to download the new update and nothing. Does anyone have a link to download the new software
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 02:51 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: I have searched all morning for a link to download the new update and nothing. Does anyone have a link to download the new software

try the seller list. find one or more with on line chat and ask customer service if they know how to do it or where to get it.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 98 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,354 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 439 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,639 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 611 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.