Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 3.16-SP1
RE: ResScan 3.16-SP1
(04-07-2012, 02:51 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: I have searched all morning for a link to download the new update and nothing. Does anyone have a link to download the new software

There is no separate SP1 update for ResScan:

ResScan 3.16-SP1 is a new version and is not the same as ResScan 3.16. All you have to do is follow the directions in the ResScan post in the Private Files and Links area.

When you get the email from Healthcareworker, the link sent is to the new version that includes the SP1 (service pack 1) for version 3.16. There is no separate SP1 update... you have to install the entire ResScan 3.16-SP1 software over the top of your existing 3.16 install (from the latest link that healthcareworker is sending out). Or, as Jumpstart previous posted, if you don't mind wiping your old install of 3.16, it's probably better just to delete version 3.16, reboot, then install the new 3.16-SP1 version (instead of attempting to install it over the top of the old install). Clean installs generally operate better than upgrade attempts.

Follow the directions in this thread to get the link to the updated 3.16-SP1 installation file.

Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 07:13 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 02:51 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: I have searched all morning for a link to download the new update and nothing. Does anyone have a link to download the new software

There is no separate SP1 update for ResScan:

ResScan 3.16-SP1 is a new version and is not the same as ResScan 3.16. All you have to do is follow the directions in the ResScan post in the Private Files and Links area.

When you get the email from Healthcareworker, the link sent is to the new version that includes the SP1 (service pack 1) for version 3.16. There is no separate SP1 update... you have to install the entire ResScan 3.16-SP1 software over the top of your existing 3.16 install (from the latest link that healthcareworker is sending out). Or, as Jumpstart previous posted, if you don't mind wiping your old install of 3.16, it's probably better just to delete version 3.16, reboot, then install the new 3.16-SP1 version (instead of attempting to install it over the top of the old install). Clean installs generally operate better than upgrade attempts.

Follow the directions in this thread to get the link to the updated 3.16-SP1 installation file.

Smile

Laugh-a-lot I was going to do that first this morning but I didnt know if the new version was available. tried all my usual haunts and no-one has it yet, they are all waiting to see how good it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 08:53 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Laugh-a-lot I was going to do that first this morning but I didnt know if the new version was available. tried all my usual haunts and no-one has it yet, they are all waiting to see how good it is.

The link Healthcareworker sends out says "version 3.16" and the ResMed sign-up page says "3.16", but after you fill out all the info on the ResMed forms and hit "Submit", it will lead you to the download of 3.16-SP1... it doesn't specifically mention that this is the new updated version with SP1, but the latest download file is indeed the new 3.16-SP1 version.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 09:30 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 08:53 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Laugh-a-lot I was going to do that first this morning but I didnt know if the new version was available. tried all my usual haunts and no-one has it yet, they are all waiting to see how good it is.

The link Healthcareworker sends out says "version 3.16" and the ResMed sign-up page says "3.16", but after you fill out all the info on the ResMed forms and hit "Submit", it will lead you to the download of 3.16-SP1... it doesn't specifically mention that this is the new updated version with SP1, but the latest download file is indeed the new 3.16-SP1 version.

Coffee

Yes up and running, havent see any difference from the normal 3.16 thanks for that Mr.S.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2012, 12:42 AM)JumpStart Wrote: Sadly, I don't have good news for you. The others with whom I have dealt having problems with ResScan which we were unable to resolve all involved Vista. Some were able to solve things only by using another machine with XP or Win7. I suppose it is also possible to use a "virtual" machine, and those OSs, although that is difficult unless you are an advanced computer user. Are any of these other choices viable options for you? If not, I would do a complete uninstall, clean my registry (if you are familiar with how to do that), make sure all files were actually uninstalled, and then do a completely new installation. I don't have high expectations for the latter choice, but it is the only method I can recommend

I was able to install on an XP computer today and did not encounter any difficulty. I will agree that Vista seems to be the problem. thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2012, 09:29 PM)cclearlynow Wrote: I was able to install on an XP computer today and did not encounter any difficulty. I will agree that Vista seems to be the problem. thanks for your help.

cclearlynow, I am glad that things worked out. Vista is, and was, a buggy software, IMHO. Using the graphs and statistics should be most helpful in timely finding trends which you can use. If you have any problems with it, just let us know.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2012, 09:29 PM)cclearlynow Wrote:
(04-07-2012, 12:42 AM)JumpStart Wrote: Sadly, I don't have good news for you. The others with whom I have dealt having problems with ResScan which we were unable to resolve all involved Vista. Some were able to solve things only by using another machine with XP or Win7. I suppose it is also possible to use a "virtual" machine, and those OSs, although that is difficult unless you are an advanced computer user. Are any of these other choices viable options for you? If not, I would do a complete uninstall, clean my registry (if you are familiar with how to do that), make sure all files were actually uninstalled, and then do a completely new installation. I don't have high expectations for the latter choice, but it is the only method I can recommend

slightly off the resscan topic, but sleepyhead, encore viewer and SP02 software all work fine in vista. not my favorite o/s either, but it's what came on this laptop.

I was able to install on an XP computer today and did not encounter any difficulty. I will agree that Vista seems to be the problem. thanks for your help.

First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,621 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.