Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 3.16 not working for me
RE: ResScan 3.16 not working for me (Moved to Main Forum)
(04-18-2012, 10:52 PM)bilwakka Wrote:
(04-18-2012, 10:07 PM)greatunclebill Wrote:
(04-18-2012, 09:52 PM)bilwakka Wrote: Thank you all for your responses.
I was overwhelmed by your genuine interest (which was in stark contrast to a lack of solution or interest from ResMed).

SuperSleeper’s suggestion about residual (rogue?) drivers being the cause is probably “on the money” because ……
I certainly did install the drivers on my initial load from a purchased ResScan CD (3.16).
That’s when my problems arose.
Subsequent uninstalls and re-installs (including the free program from HealthcareWorker) failed to rectify the problem.
I did however install the CD on another computer excluding the drivers and IT WORKED!
That seems to validate SuperSleeper’s suggestion.

To follow through on suggestions for rectification, I did a System Restore.
I had a Restore Point prior to my initial installation (where I erroneously ticked the drivers).
I noted that the following drivers would be deleted
ACR38/100/122 PC/SC Driver
Windows Driver Package ACS (A38CCID) Smart Card
Windows Driver Package ACS (ACR122U) Smart Card
Windows Driver Package ACS (ACSSCR) Smart Card
As these appeared to have been installed after the Restore date, they looked suspiciously like they may have come from ResScan.
So I ran System Restore and had high hopes that a re-install of the ResScan CD would solve the problem.
It didn’t! And the drivers re-appeared.
I got the same issues as initially reported in this thread (see attachment).
And furthermore, subsequent System Restore revealed that the four abovementioned drivers were there and “might be restored”.
I am now having trouble trying to identify the drivers on my computer so that I can delete them. Any suggestions?

I've taken other suggestions on notice and will engage them when the current issue has run its course.

Cheers

the only thing that might work is to delete the items in the registry. if you're not familiar with messing with the registry, forget it because if you do something wrong you could lose everything. i'd say forget rescan and use sleepyhead.

I think you're right.
Just had a trial run of Sleepyhead.
Looks good to me!
Thanks.

Being frustrated with a non-working ResScan, I downloaded SleepyHead.
First download looked great - graphs and summary data were quite adequate for my needs.
But I've since lost the graphs.
I've obviously done something wrong, but what?
Any suggestions?

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2012, 10:06 AM)CHanlon Wrote:
(04-18-2012, 09:52 PM)bilwakka Wrote: Thank you all for your responses.
I was overwhelmed by your genuine interest (which was in stark contrast to a lack of solution or interest from ResMed).

SuperSleeper’s suggestion about residual (rogue?) drivers being the cause is probably “on the money” because ……
I certainly did install the drivers on my initial load from a purchased ResScan CD (3.16).
That’s when my problems arose.
Subsequent uninstalls and re-installs (including the free program from HealthcareWorker) failed to rectify the problem.
I did however install the CD on another computer excluding the drivers and IT WORKED!
That seems to validate SuperSleeper’s suggestion.

To follow through on suggestions for rectification, I did a System Restore.
I had a Restore Point prior to my initial installation (where I erroneously ticked the drivers).
I noted that the following drivers would be deleted
ACR38/100/122 PC/SC Driver
Windows Driver Package ACS (A38CCID) Smart Card
Windows Driver Package ACS (ACR122U) Smart Card
Windows Driver Package ACS (ACSSCR) Smart Card
As these appeared to have been installed after the Restore date, they looked suspiciously like they may have come from ResScan.
So I ran System Restore and had high hopes that a re-install of the ResScan CD would solve the problem.
It didn’t! And the drivers re-appeared.
I got the same issues as initially reported in this thread (see attachment).
And furthermore, subsequent System Restore revealed that the four abovementioned drivers were there and “might be restored”.
I am now having trouble trying to identify the drivers on my computer so that I can delete them. Any suggestions?

I've taken other suggestions on notice and will engage them when the current issue has run its course.

Cheers

Wow, the drivers came back? That impressive. And horribly bad programming practice on someone's part... I'm not even sure how that could work.

Only other suggestion I can make is to try the system restore again, but go back one more restore point, and see what happens there.

Sadly, I've used up my earliest System Restore point carrying out that previous exercise and the restore deleted several other later ones.
Thank you for your interest.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 3.16 not working for me
(04-18-2012, 04:51 AM)zonk Wrote: Hi bilwakka
I,m not computer savvy everything is done for me.
By now most folk are asleep and hopefully another 2 or 3 hours someone will come along and help. In the meantime you could download SleepyHead and see how it goes:

Being frustrated with a non-working ResScan, I downloaded SleepyHead.
First download looked great - graphs and summary data were quite adequate for my needs.
But I've since lost the graphs.
I've obviously done something wrong, but what?
Any suggestions?

Can you see the data (AHI, pressure, leak) on the S9 LCD screen if not than the sleep quality in the clinical menu set to usage instead on.

Can see OK.

Did you create patient prior to opening patient?

Yes.

Is the SD card used by someone else or another S9.

No.

You can always try the obvious rebooting your computer, shut everything and start again and hope for the best.

Tried that - didn't work.

Thank you for your interest.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2012, 08:01 PM)bilwakka Wrote: Sadly, I've used up my earliest System Restore point carrying out that previous exercise and the restore deleted several other later ones.

Copy the contents of your "Documents and Settings" directory to an external drive. Format your hard drive and re-install Windows.

This sounds like a daunting task, but really, it's easier than all the meesing around you have to do with System Restore and re-installing the stuff you'd installed after the date of the System Restore.

BTW, why are you buying ResScan? I thought it was free.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You,re welcome just wanted to share the little I know and point out that the card have to be inserted into the S9 while asleep for the data to get recorded on the card unlike PR System One if not mistaken it make no difference as data get written on the card whenever inserted into the machine. Edit: I've had download problem in the past due to some viruses in the computer and it did help to lock card (unlock afterwards) first before put into card reader. You could try a new SD card
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2012, 09:09 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(04-19-2012, 08:01 PM)bilwakka Wrote: Sadly, I've used up my earliest System Restore point carrying out that previous exercise and the restore deleted several other later ones.

Copy the contents of your "Documents and Settings" directory to an external drive. Format your hard drive and re-install Windows.

This sounds like a daunting task, but really, it's easier than all the meesing around you have to do with System Restore and re-installing the stuff you'd installed after the date of the System Restore.

BTW, why are you buying ResScan? I thought it was free.

Sadly, I didn't know that it was free until I joined this forum.
The ResMed sales agent certainly didn't reveal that fact.
It only costed $A30 so that is not too traumatic.
But all the time I've spent trying to rectify the matter certainly is!

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2012, 10:45 PM)bilwakka Wrote: ...But all the time I've spent trying to rectify the matter certainly is!

IMO there are only a few drivers creating the problem regarding inability to read the SD card, those involving the smart card. I earlier described the method for manually uninstalling drivers. If you delete just those, which should be easy to find, you might discover than a reinstall of ResScan - sans drivers - would work on Win 7. If you find you cannot do as I suggested, the only other alternative to use your machine, although far longer, is as suggested by Sleepster. Good luck.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 10:05 AM)JumpStart Wrote:
(04-19-2012, 10:45 PM)bilwakka Wrote: ...But all the time I've spent trying to rectify the matter certainly is!

IMO there are only a few drivers creating the problem regarding inability to read the SD card, those involving the smart card. I earlier described the method for manually uninstalling drivers. If you delete just those, which should be easy to find, you might discover than a reinstall of ResScan - sans drivers - would work on Win 7. If you find you cannot do as I suggested, the only other alternative to use your machine, although far longer, is as suggested by Sleepster. Good luck.

Frustratingly, they are not easy to find.
Tried all Post-advised methods, but they seem to be cleverly disguised.
Certainly nothing found with approximating their title.
Google search found others with same problem.
You would think that ResScan developers would have a solution.

Many thanks for your interest.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
Bilwakka, I can understand the frustration. If you still want to try something, you might post an image of your Device Manager screen set to Show Hidden Devices, and I will *try* to pick out those drivers. It is frequently a hit or miss operation. However, I can also fully understand a desire to just let sleeping dogs lie! Been there, done that! Whatever, sorry we haven't been able to get you going.

Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 09:57 PM)JumpStart Wrote: Bilwakka, I can understand the frustration. If you still want to try something, you might post an image of your Device Manager screen set to Show Hidden Devices, and I will *try* to pick out those drivers. It is frequently a hit or miss operation. However, I can also fully understand a desire to just let sleeping dogs lie! Been there, done that! Whatever, sorry we haven't been able to get you going.

Thanks again.
I have attached a screen shot of device manager.
Please don't spend too much time on it - I've resigned myself to accepting defeat - spent too much time on it already.
Maybe ResMed will publish a solution one day.
As one subscriber to this thread said, ResScan may well have modified existing drivers.

SVWILBUR, in the thread "ResScan CPAP reporting software" post 84, has the same problem.

Cheers

Correction - see POST 64
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 88 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 97 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,352 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 439 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,136 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.