Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 3.16 not working for me
ResScan 3.16 not working for me
I purchased the ResScan software and loaded it onto my desktop Windows 7 32 bit machine.
The software will not recognise the SD Card, although it (and its contents) are recognised in COMPUTER.

On loading the software I get a panel headed "_ASSERTE:".
I progress through options "Yes", "No", "Cancel" (I tried them all).
I successfully "Open Patient".
On entering "Download Data" I get a panel headed "There are NO devices available for downloading data".

Have deleted and re-loaded software (without drivers) with the same result.
Even downloaded free ResScan from "Healthcare Worker" with same result.

Any clues?

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 3.16 not working for me (Moved to Main Forum)
(04-18-2012, 12:31 AM)bilwakka Wrote: I purchased the ResScan software and loaded it onto my desktop Windows 7 32 bit machine.
The software will not recognise the SD Card, although it (and its contents) are recognised in COMPUTER.

On loading the software I get a panel headed "_ASSERTE:".
I progress through options "Yes", "No", "Cancel" (I tried them all).
I successfully "Open Patient".
On entering "Download Data" I get a panel headed "There are NO devices available for downloading data".

Have deleted and re-loaded software (without drivers) with the same result.
Even downloaded free ResScan from "Healthcare Worker" with same result.

Any clues?

Cheers

I use ResScan all the time and have never had problems with it on Windows 7. When installing the software you get a choice of what drivers for what method of downloading your data. I use a card reader and have never used an SD card. I gather then your running an S9.

Anyway let welcome you to the forum and I hope you have a great time and find out many things that can help you

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bilwakka
I,m not computer savvy everything is done for me.
By now most folk are asleep and hopefully another 2 or 3 hours someone will come along and help. In the meantime you could download SleepyHead and see how it goes:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-JediMark

Can you see the data (AHI, pressure, leak) on the S9 LCD screen if not than the sleep quality in the clinical menu set to usage instead on.
Did you create patient prior to opening patient?
Is the SD card used by someone else or another S9.
You can always try the obvious rebooting your computer, shut everything and start again and hope for the best.

Post Reply Post Reply
Once you install the proprietary drivers, I think your system will forever not be able to run ResScan. Not sure we've had anyone successfully re-install ResScan and have it run properly after installing the proprietary drivers during the installation.

That's why Healthcareworker's instructions in the email are so important - you have to follow them exactly and note the part about not installing the proprietary drivers during the installation process.

I know you bought ResScan and may not have received that information at first... I'd try to get my money back if I were you.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2012, 08:52 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Once you install the proprietary drivers, I think your system will forever not be able to run ResScan. Not sure we've had anyone successfully re-install ResScan and have it run properly after installing the proprietary drivers during the installation.

That's why Healthcareworker's instructions in the email are so important - you have to follow them exactly and note the part about not installing the proprietary drivers during the installation process.

I know you bought ResScan and may not have received that information at first... I'd try to get my money back if I were you.

Something I'd try, since its Win 7, is do a system restore to a restore point previous to the initial installation of ResScan.

Just go to start, and in the search bar, type system restore. Run it. You might have to click "Show more restore points" to see one that goes back far enough, but you should find one. Pick one, and wait a LONG time for it to reboot, restore, tell you it's done (make sure it says it was successful) and then when you get back to the desktop your machine should be in he exact state it was in before you started. So. do the install again - make sure you read Healthcareworker's instructions and warnings first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will system restore remove drivers?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2012, 09:34 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Will system restore remove drivers?

i believe it will remove any program you have installed back to the restore point. that's the purpose, to get behind a bad installation so you can start over. i know it removes windows updates.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

(04-18-2012, 09:44 AM)greatunclebill Wrote:

i believe it will remove any program you have installed back to the restore point. that's the purpose, to get behind a bad installation so you can start over. i know it removes windows updates.

Sure does. It even removes things you've downloaded since the restore point you choose. It *doesn't* remove saved files, documents, etc. So your CPAP data is (usually, I've never lost any*) safe if you do one.

*Disclaimer: when dealing with MS software no statement can be proven to be 100% accurate. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a way to manually look for the drivers and delete them. Just Google manually remove drivers.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2012, 10:07 AM)CHanlon Wrote: *Disclaimer: when dealing with MS software no statement can be proven to be 100% accurate. :-)

spot on.....
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 78 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,121 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.