Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NEW S9 ADAPT SV
Idea 
NEW S9 ADAPT SV
Hi all. New to the A B Forum, actually first time on any forum. Was diagnosed last year and DME set me up with old ResMed VPAP Adapt SV (CSA). Dr. retested me last month and told DME that the old machine was not cutting it and to get me S9 Adapt. Started using it Friday 24, what a difference. My question is, the S9 makes a whirring sound on exhale, in varying pitch. It is not very loud but noticeable. The sound did not keep me awake. In the last 2 nights I have not slept so well. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New S9 Adapt
(05-26-2013, 12:38 PM)Sleepyinwestland Wrote: the S9 makes a whirring sound on exhale, in varying pitch. It is not very loud but noticeable. The sound did not keep me awake. In the last 2 nights I have not slept so well. Smile
I noted that too when I switched over to the S9 a couple months ago. Rooted around on this and other forums/boards. Anecdotally, it seems to be a fairly common observation relating to the S9. I don't think it is a problem.

I don't notice it anymore unless I think to notice it.

OMyMyOHellYes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW S9 ADAPT SV
Hi Sleepyinwestland,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There are some threads here on this forum about the S9 whistling. Mine does it but it doesn't bother me.
Hang in therre for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW S9 ADAPT SV
Thanks people.....that puts my mind at ease. I am sure after a week or two I will not even notice it since I know it is somewhat normal.Smile

Sleepyinwestland
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 681 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 468 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  s9 Adapt adjustments desertscorpion 3 574 02-23-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: desertscorpion
  Settings on ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt fdashiell 1 983 10-06-2020, 12:58 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Scuba diving makes it easier to adapt to CPAP mask? hearsay73 16 3,053 01-21-2020, 11:34 AM
Last Post: farnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.