Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 4.2?
RE: ResScan 4.2???
If you install the drivers, the program will not work. You cannot uninstall it and try again. Finding the drivers can be tricky. I think I've read where even if you find the drivers and remove them, it still does not work. I'm sure it mucks with the registry and a few other things.

It's not worth the bother to try and figure it out so do it right the first time.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can always fdisk /mbr to wipe the Master Boot Record, then use fdisk to wipe old and create new partitions, then format them, re-install the OS and that should work for 99.99% of all virus/driver/nasty-software issues. Bigwink

Heck, every time a new Ubuntu Linux LTS version comes out, I wipe my entire system clean and I'm left with a sparkling new engine under the hood with little to no problems.

I like squeaky-clean solutions, can you tell? Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2013, 08:12 PM)BobF Wrote: I have ResScan Version 04.01.03. I see Version 4.2 is available. What does 4.2 do that mine does not? If I download it can I just install it over my old version? Thanks, Bob.

I just performed side by side taste tests of the clinical manuals.
My findings:

- The diagrams are generally larger in 4.2
- The 4.2 manual has no index
- 4.2 allows you to import data files. I did not see this subheading in the 4.1 manual so it appears that this may be the only difference.

For me that means I only had to print out that page and add it to my 4.1 manual instead of printing the whole thing out again.
Of course, nearsighted me should print out all the enlarged diagrams too. There's a bit of space left in my binder (I had to get a dedicated binder for ResScan/interpretation guide since my main Apnea binder was running out of room.)
But if anyone knows something I missed, let me know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out a program called "Revo installer Pro". It includes a "monitored installation mode" that can record everything that is done during a program installation and save everything so that when you do an uninstall, it can get rid of everything that was done during the install. They have a free 30 day trial available.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2013, 03:28 PM)Bernie Wrote: Check out a program called "Revo installer Pro". It includes a "monitored installation mode" that can record everything that is done during a program installation and save everything so that when you do an uninstall, it can get rid of everything that was done during the install. They have a free 30 day trial available.

I have an ancient program called Uninstaller, although I don't know how compatible it is with anything newer than Windows 98. I don't want to get stuck with a trial version that will suddenly quit on me when I need it the most.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't wait too long, Windows System Restore will take your PC back to a previous state. You may lose anything else you've installed since the last time system restore took a backup.

In theory, it won't lose data, but YMMV.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Installed ResScan 4.2 on Vista 64, but, no luck at all. It would not run. (I had uninstalled 3.16 first but did not remove the program folder.) So, I uninstalled 4.2 in the same manner and re-installed 3.16 and it would now not run either. This time, I uninstalled 3.16, deleted the program folder and cleaned the registry. The subsequent installation of 4.2 opened and ran just fine! (Oh yes, should anyone ask, I did not install the drivers at any time!) I thought I'd mention my experience since it may take some persistence if things do not work out with attempts to install 4.2 to replace 3.16.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have just downloaded and installed 4.2 over 4.1 and it overwrote and works without any problems.
The graphs do seem to be a little better and it does load and unload a little quicker but what else has changed probably only the program writers could tell you. ResMed keep their cards close to their chests!

Many thanks for the link and the service to a fellow sufferer.

Bob
Birmingham UK
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2013, 02:21 PM)Bobj274 Wrote: I have just downloaded and installed 4.2 over 4.1 and it overwrote and works without any problems.

That's the easy part. Just don't install the drivers.
I'm still not sure where they got 4.2 from since the websites I've checked out usually offer 4.1 still.

Quote:Many thanks for the link and the service to a fellow sufferer.

Once your treatment is effective then you'll no longer be a sufferer.
You'll be a survivor.
Maybe even a conqueror!
I look forward to that time when they'll finally get on with it and issue an AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone able to generate a Resscan report so I can send to provider? famewolf 3 540 02-02-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC jeffparker 11 1,310 09-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: GavinG
  Resscan software gifly 11 2,297 11-28-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: ScottZZZ
  Evaluating ResScan 5.9, but S. Manz 7 752 08-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  [Equipment] AirSense10 SD card data movement on ResScan software Maury54 6 1,474 07-21-2020, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed screen broken/ResScan settings jstewart 3 2,064 03-14-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: jstewart
  ResScan software quick question Broomstick 3 1,199 11-18-2019, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Broomstick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.