Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 4.2?
RE: ResScan 4.2???
(01-28-2013, 04:40 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 02:21 PM)Bobj274 Wrote: I have just downloaded and installed 4.2 over 4.1 and it overwrote and works without any problems.

That's the easy part. Just don't install the drivers.
I'm still not sure where they got 4.2 from since the websites I've checked out usually offer 4.1 still.

Quote:Many thanks for the link and the service to a fellow sufferer.

Once your treatment is effective then you'll no longer be a sufferer.
You'll be a survivor.
Maybe even a conqueror!
I look forward to that time when they'll finally get on with it and issue an AutoSet.

You can never beat it, just have to learn to live with it. I've been using ResMed Autoset 8 now 9 for over 6 years now and still have to use the machine to get a good night's sleep which I do usually. I still don't like it and never will but that's life!

Best wishes,

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
I just installed 4.01 on Windows 7 with NO drivers as suggested. ResScan sees the SD card but says that ResScan does not recognize this data. Please delete data or use another device. I can see the data with Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 06:07 PM)davegior Wrote: I just installed 4.01 on Windows 7 with NO drivers as suggested. ResScan sees the SD card but says that ResScan does not recognize this data. Please delete data or use another device. I can see the data with Sleepyhead.
ResScan is ResMed proprietary software, not compatible with the machine listed in your profile "Phillips Respironics BiPAP Auto"

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 06:30 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 06:07 PM)davegior Wrote: I just installed 4.01 on Windows 7 with NO drivers as suggested. ResScan sees the SD card but says that ResScan does not recognize this data. Please delete data or use another device. I can see the data with Sleepyhead.
ResScan is ResMed proprietary software, not compatible with the machine listed in your profile "Phillips Respironics BiPAP Auto"

My bad Oh-jeez
That explains everything. Thanks Zonk
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 4.2
I am a new member, a new user of the ResMed S9 and a new user of ResScan 4.2 however i have been using a cpap for 17 years.

The software loaded fine and i did not install the drivers per the instructions and all seemed fine until i tried to read my SD card from my first nights sleep. The readlout on the machine was .8 AHI and .6 AI but when i tried to download the data, it gave an error and timed out really quickliy. When i looked at the CD card in windows, under the data folder it said no files found. The ResScan read the data serial numbers, total time etc but nothing from my first nights data.

My question is there something wrong in the setting that the data is not getting written to the SD card or is there something needed to be set in the software.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 4.2?
Hi Dave, welcome to Apnea Board!

Make sure the slide lock on the SD card is in the unlocked position. Otherwise, it will prevent any data from being written to the card.

See this Wiki article on SD cards - especially the second picture showing the slide lock:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sd_card

Also, make sure you have "all data" selected to be downloaded, as described here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...398#pid398

If that is all set correctly, two other things are possible (but not likely): either a bad SD card or a bad SD-card-writer (built into your CPAP machine). If it's the SD card writer on the CPAP, make sure you get the entire CPAP replaced while it's still under any warranty period.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've just downloaded ResScan 4.2 and installed (sans drivers) for the first time.

I put a new SD card in the computer and formatted it.

I started ResScan and select the device setup. I selected the SD card ( H: ) and a target device of S9 Autoset.

I updated a couple of parameters and applied the changes. ResScan immediately lost it's connect to the SD card and corrupted it to the point when it is removed and inserted again, it asks to be reformatted.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
See above. Is there any other way of getting the settings to the machine without using ResScan? I especially want to change to deg C etc
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2013, 05:27 AM)GourmetSaint Wrote: See above. Is there any other way of getting the settings to the machine without using ResScan? I especially want to change to deg C etc
Hi GourmetSaint and welcome

you can change temp to C in the clinical menu (Configuration)
[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

S9 setup in pictures and videos: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

S9 manual available via email ... scroll down to bottom of the page to request the manual via email
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2013, 08:39 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Hi Dave, welcome to Apnea Board!

Make sure the slide lock on the SD card is in the unlocked position. Otherwise, it will prevent any data from being written to the card.

See this Wiki article on SD cards - especially the second picture showing the slide lock:

Also, make sure you have "all data" selected to be downloaded, as described here:

If that is all set correctly, two other things are possible (but not likely): either a bad SD card or a bad SD-card-writer (built into your CPAP machine). If it's the SD card writer on the CPAP, make sure you get the entire CPAP replaced while it's still under any warranty period.

Thanks and i have already learned a bunch from this site. Yes slide is in the unlock position and i have all data selected. One thing that i noted when i first got and turned on the S9 is that it gave an No SD card error. Even after a week of use, every time i turn on the machine it gives a NO SD card detected and i have to release and reinsert the card. The supplier is sending another SD card. We will see but i also suspect it may be the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone able to generate a Resscan report so I can send to provider? famewolf 3 538 02-02-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResScan problem reading SD card on Windows 10 PC jeffparker 11 1,309 09-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Last Post: GavinG
  Resscan software gifly 11 2,297 11-28-2021, 12:57 PM
Last Post: ScottZZZ
  Evaluating ResScan 5.9, but S. Manz 7 752 08-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  [Equipment] AirSense10 SD card data movement on ResScan software Maury54 6 1,473 07-21-2020, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed screen broken/ResScan settings jstewart 3 2,063 03-14-2020, 11:00 AM
Last Post: jstewart
  ResScan software quick question Broomstick 3 1,199 11-18-2019, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Broomstick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.