Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 5.5 and Windows 7
Question 
ResScan 5.5 and Windows 7
I use ResScan 5.5.0.9285 on a Window 7 32bit with 3gigs ram PC and while it works it is incredibly slow. Just selecting a range of dates to view averaged data or even 1 day at a time yields a delay, often with the program getting grayed out and 'Not Respoding' displayed for several seconds. Is there a slightly newer version that might work better or should I try version 6?

Does version 6 operate the same way?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 5.5 and Windows 7
Your system is extremely undersized in the memory area.   The recommended minimum RAM for Windows 7-32 should be 4 GB.  I am advising that you explore the possibility of adding additional memory.  This will involve finding the maximum memory your system will allow and the RAM type.   Installation is very simple.  The memory sticks have an offset orientation notch that allows insertion only one way and will simply click in to the slot.    

ResScan versions 5.9 and 6.0 are basically the same.  The difference is Version 6 will require a password to operate.   If you request version 6, a link for 5.9 will be listed in the lower part of the email.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are running a 32 bit computer with minimal RAM and processor horsepower. The problem is not not program version, and it will likely be worse with Resscan 6.0. Sleepyhead may be less processor intensive and give more information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info.

I cannot go past 4G ram due to the 32 bit limitation, if I could find 2 2G mem I might upgrade. The processor is one of the HyperThreading ones that shows up as 2 processors but most programs except Photoshop, etc don't take advantage. It does have a very fast set of 10k striped drives but I don't think disk access is the problem.

Do they have a Mac version?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2018, 12:09 PM)Fran Wrote: Do they have a Mac version?

SleepyHead - Yes, ResScan - No. ResScan is a Windows only app.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 257 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,526 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 261 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,563 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 493 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 677 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 361 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.