Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 5.5 cannot run in Windows 10
ResScan 5.5 cannot run in Windows 10
My computer upgraded to Windows 10 Home (Version 1607; 64bit). However, the ResScan 5.5 (latest download on today 18/11) cannot work. Error message is "Pure Virtual function called".
I tried SleepyHead but also cannot work with error message which require "BrokenGL" version. I can't find this version.
Can any buddy help?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 5.5 cannot run in Windows 10
Reinstall ResScan. The latest version is 5.6

In the folder you installed sleepyhead you will find the BrokenGL version.

[Image: BrokenGL.PNG]

Edit: Sorry the latest version is now 5.5 again. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid182418
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
After re-install ResScan 5.5, I still get the same error message "Pure Virtual function called". On the other hand, find the SleepyHead "BrokenGL" version which can read my data.
Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Windows 10 and use Resscan version 5.6.0.9419 and it works fine. I believe my computer is 32 bit.

Makes me wonder why they switched back to 5.5. Maybe incorrect data interpretation? Well, if 5.5 doesn't work on Windows 10 I'm certainly going to keep what I've got until we find out whats going on.

Today I just spent some time examining Resscan as I have two versions of Sleepyhead and they are both so quirky it's a joke. I have to rebuild cpap data daily and some data is lost while some apparently never showed up in the first place. I really don't know why people use SH over Resmed's own software. It has all the important stuff you need from as much as I can tell. SH has so much data that I just can't believe it's all even necessary. Looks like a bunch of overkill to me. But, since I'm relatively new at this I may be wrong.

I was considering starting a thread on the Resscan vs SH. Maybe I will when I have a moment.
Post Reply Post Reply
New version of ResScan came out today (version 5.7).... please read this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid182941

I'd suggest downloading and installing it to see if the new version solves your issue.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I downloaded Version 5.7 of the ResScan software. I uninstalled the previous version of software and installed the new version. I am still getting the "Pure Virtual Function Called' pop up error. When you click OK, the software appears to quit.

Dont-know
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2016, 11:42 AM)cbramsey Wrote: I downloaded Version 5.7 of the ResScan software. I uninstalled the previous version of software and installed the new version. I am still getting the "Pure Virtual Function Called' pop up error. When you click OK, the software appears to quit.

Dont-know

Actually, I was able to beat the program into submission. What I did for Version 5.5 of the program was to right-click the desktop icon that is installed with the program and choose the "Troubleshoot compatibility" option. Windows gave me the option of "Windows 8" compatibility. This appears to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Switching to Windows 8 compatibility resolved the issue. Right click the Icon and select troubleshoot compatibility and select "try recommended settings" and proceed from there.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,256 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 146 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,251 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 321 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 328 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  multiple windows ? zaienk 4 295 01-17-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: zaienk
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,512 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.