Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 5.9 Install
ResScan 5.9 Install
I followed the instructions for obtaining the ResScan 5.9 software from Healthcare Worker.  I clicked on the link in the email and downloaded the 5.9 zip file to my hard drive.  I extracted the files and ran the Setup.exe file.  I started installing and then I got the following error message:

CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS
Failed (-2147024894): The system cannot find the file specified.

Then I got this error message:

ResScan Installer Information
Error 1606. Could not access network location ResMed\ResScan3\Patients

Anyone know how to fix/get around this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 5.9 Install
I would make sure you actually downloaded the file completely and that it didn't corrupt during the download process.

Go to the email and it will list the file size of ResScan 5.9 - make sure it matches the install file size that you downloaded.

If the file is the wrong size or has possibly been corrupted, make sure you completely delete the entire install file, then clear your trash, clear your browser cache, then try downloading again... BUT to make sure the download isn't corrupted again, you may wish to wait until after 11 pm at night and before 7 am in the morning, when your local network isn't as busy.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are still having an issue with it after downloading again, sounds like you may be missing your Public folders or have permissions set on them that doesn't allow you to access them. What version of Windows are you using? Have you tried installing as administrator? Are you missing your Public folders?

Opening file explorer and typing in: %public% with the percent symbol is a shortcut to the Public folders. There is where you will find Public Documents or %public%\Documents to get there directly.

ResMed stores patient information there. On my PC it is: C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
It was the public folders. SW installed. It’s not especially intuitive or user-friendly but I got it to do what I needed. Thank you for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2019, 08:19 PM)ThePaper Wrote: It’s not especially intuitive or user-friendly but I got it to do what I needed. Thank you for your help!

You may already know this, but the OSCAR software is much more user-friendly than ResScan and should work with your machine.

https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
any chance anyone can send me a download link to get res scan 5.9 please.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2019, 04:57 PM)jerseyboy91 Wrote: any chance anyone can send me a download link to get res scan 5.9 please.

Go to the “Private Files and Links Forum.” You will find it there.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 98 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,354 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,421 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 439 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.