Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 5.9 and SD card
RE: ResScan 5.9 and SD card
It's been a while since I used ResScan, but I believe you have to create a user before you can download data. The other thing is that I always plug in my card reader after I start ResScan. I don't know if that makes any difference.

I find OSCAR easier to use and more accurate -- but then, I'm biased.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 5.9 and SD card
I had the same problem, check the way you have your SD card in (if your using a card reader with usb), turn it around, that worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 5.9 and SD card +Oscar v RescanN
Hi,

It is early November and have just come across your query of back in April. maybe you have solved the problem by now, but this is something I struggled with several months ago, but I have now resolved.

My experience may help.

Firstly you really must get the  5 Resmed files on either an SD card or a USB key. This I have found the only wat Resscan will pick it up. The 5 files are
DATALOG
STR_Backup
Identification,.crc
Identification.tgt
and STR.

My own system is that I use both OSCAR which I consider much more nimble than ResScan, but I like to compare the two. ResScan statistics page is very good as you can select a range of dates to compare with another range of datesie say compare September with August, so as to get a good feel of progress. Also this gives me an insight of  what my sleep doctor sees.

OSCAR I find personnally great for detailed daily tracking and really helped me to Improve my situation.

After downloading into OSCAR from SD card, I get the 5 files from the OSCAR backup; for me in Windown 10 it is buried in OneDrive,  the copy to a USB drive, then straight into ResScan. I don't like to use Resmed SD card to go directly to ResScan 5.9

Autoset10
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,628 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.