Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 5.9 don't run?
Question 
ResScan 5.9 don't run?
Hi!
When I download ResScan 5.9 it looks good but whwn I try to start i i got the followin message " Pure virutal functions called" and then it shut down whwn I click the ok button!
I have windows 10 and my computer is new, the program works on my old computer!
Per from Sweden
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 5.9 don't run?
Several threads on this problem you can read through, here are some:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ed-ResScan

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ll-Problem

You can also do a forum search for the term "pure virtual function" and you'll see several other threads that deal with this error message.  Check them out and see if any of the solutions will work for you.  If something does work, please post what worked for you, or post again in this thread if you're still having issues.

One possible cause-- Did you install the 3 proprietary drivers during the installation??  If you did then it's likely you'll never get ResScan to work on that particular machine.  That's the main reason why the installation download post and the emailed instructions warn against doing that... The warning says:

Quote:INSTALLATION WARNING:

During the first part of the software installation, it will ask you if you want to install their 3 proprietary drivers.  DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers, unless you have one of the following three ResMed-brand devices:

1) ResMed S9 USB Adapter (P/C: 36950) or ResMed S8 USB Adapter (P/C: 22203)

2) ResMed's ResScan Data Card Reader (P/C: 22207) or ACR 38U Smart Card Reader

3) ResMed Stellar ventilator machine with direct USB connection

Some users have reported that installing these drivers makes the ResScan program non-functional. If you're not sure what to do, try installing the software without the drivers first to see if the program runs properly without them.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello SuperSleeper (and anyone seeing the "Pure virtual function called" bug in ResScan software),

I have seen this issue (on Windows 10) for quite a while now, preventing my use of ResScan - versions 5.9, 6.0, 6.0.2 and earlier. I tried numerous workarounds, including adjusting "Compatibility" settings, clearing the registry, and reinstalling a bunch of MS C Redistributable libraries, all to no avail. Still got the "Pure virtual function called" error any time I tried to start ResScan.

Being "Stayed-at-Home" lately, I thought I'd try again and thought I'd try an experiment. I have an Administrator account on my main machine - and I've heavily "tweaked" the settings and interface to act the way I like it - and wondered whether I might have changed something in that account that led to the problem. I thought I'd see what would happen with a "clean" non-Microsoft account on the same machine. So, I created a new basic User account (Settings > Accounts > Family & other users > Add someone else to this PC > I don't have this person's sign-in information > Add a user without a Microsoft account) with a new username and password.

I just found that if I log into the new account on my Windows machine, ResScan (v. 6.0.2) fires up like a charm - no problem at all and no "Pure virtual function called" pop-up - Smile. Since this is the very same ResScan installation that fails when started from my other, main account, I surmise that the the problem is likely some tweak or setting that I've made in my main account - if it were something in Windows itself or in the ResScan software itself, I'd expect the error regardless of which account I was using. Unfortunately, with no particularly useful information from either the error message or from exhaustive searches for "Pure virtual function called" information, I just haven't been able to isolate where the problem lay.

In any case, I'm now able to use ResScan in my new user account, and thought this information might provide a useful workaround for others seeing he same issue.

Hope this helps and cheers to all, and thanks for the service you and the members provide with ApneaBoard.com!
SJB
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, good information... I hope this can help some people who've had this frustrating problem.

Thanks for posting this!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Idea 
RE: ResScan 5.9 don't run? --> It does now!!
(05-19-2020, 02:28 PM)breinersj Wrote: Hello SuperSleeper (and anyone seeing the "Pure virtual function called" bug in ResScan software),

I just found that if I log into the new account on my Windows machine, ResScan (v. 6.0.2) fires up like a charm - no problem at all and no "Pure virtual function called" pop-up - Smile. Since this is the very same ResScan installation that fails when started from my other, main account, I surmise that the the problem is likely some tweak or setting that I've made in my main account - if it were something in Windows itself or in the ResScan software itself, I'd expect the error regardless of which account I was using. Unfortunately, with no particularly useful information from either the error message or from exhaustive searches for "Pure virtual function called" information, I just haven't been able to isolate where the problem lay.

Thanks Thanks - this helped.  Ton of troubleshooting for the "Pure Virtual function called" issue, on two different machines - and no luck, until this.
In summary, the issue with v6+ appears to be it expects a local account (rather than a Microsoft account).
Also, the "Pure Virtual function called" appears to be tied to this - local account - on 5.x and 6.x versions.  I don't think its a setting specifically (ie that was changed), but the fact that it depends in someway on a local account and not a networked account.  This maybe by "design" - as in by security design tied to the account type, to minimise risk of hacking or loss of data (or not of course).  In any case, I can confirm it works too (twice!!).  

Basically, if you use an online Microsoft account to log in to windows, as breinersj highlights, create a local account, even if just for this purpose, log into that account and ResScan app appears to work fine.  If you install v6+, just use those local account details, and seems to work fine.  I managed to test every permutation of troubleshooting on two PC's, and this was my last try.  Thanks breinersj for finding it.
 Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I did this before with a brand new profile not logged onto any Ms account and ResScan worked for awhile but failed again eventually. The latest version of ResScan and Windows 10, I think I'm on 20H2, seems to work just fine.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,624 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.