Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Bad eximetry data from CMS50F at beginning
Bad eximetry data from CMS50F at beginning
I wanted to monitor my oximetry readings as I am having bad AHI scores with my CPAP machine right now.   I tried using the Contec CMS50F Oximetry system, which has a wrist mounted control unit and a finger sensor.   I started the recording on the CMS50F a few seconds after I started the CPAP machine.  However, I made sure the clocks on both are at the same time.   I had no trouble importing data into SleepyHead directed from the CMS50F once I got all the drivers installed.  However, as has been reported in this forum, the time scale of the data seemed off.   So I instead imported using the SpO2 Assistant, saved the file, and then imported the file into SleepyHead.

This seems to work except for one issue.  I have two extra data points at the beginning of the imported data set that are not valid, a value of 3, followed by 50, then it continues with the readings I was getting (into the 90's).    While the graphs are fine, the extra data points throw off all the statistics.   This seems to be an issue with the CMS50F unit and the way it records.   Does anyone know if there is a way to fix it, or perhaps edit the data to get rid of those two extra data points?

Thanks for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Bad eximetry data from CMS50F at beginning
Went back and checked my SPO2 data, and show no anomalies that you describe..

...  Philip
Post Reply Post Reply
Philip,
I assume you are also using the CMS50F. This is the first time I made a recording on this device. I started the recording after I saw good oximetry readings on the wrist unit, so I don't know where the extra data came from. They are visible in the data uploaded by SpO2 Assistant, and they were present when I first uploaded directly from the CMS50F into SleepyHead (that data had a bad time scale). I will have to try again to see if I continue to get these anomalous data points at the beginning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen other reports of bad data at the start of recordings, and they seemed to be from newer units. What is the firmware version of your CMS50F? Up to v3.8 they seem to be correct, so the data format may have changed.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  SPO2 WRIST MONITOR CMS50F DanMcD 1 625 04-11-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.