Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 6.0 Install Problem
ResScan 6.0 Install Problem
After installing ResScan 6.0 with no drivers, I attempt to start the program, get the login screen and login successfully and then get the following error message "Pure virtual function called" and the program shuts down.  Same thing was happening with 5.9. Nothing appears in the manual under troubleshooting.

Any ideas about what the error message is indicating?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResScan 6.0 Install Problem
Quoting from Crimson Nape's post (click here). There's also some other suggestions immediately below his post you may wish to try, but here's the text of his solution:

Crimson Nape Wrote:It sounds like your Visual C++ Redistribution library has been updated and the program is looking for an earlier version.  Open the Event Viewer. Look under Custom Views->Administrative Events for an Error for that program.  In the Details section it should provide more information.

Here are the links to the VC++ libraries.  You will need to install both 32 and 64 bit versions if you are running a 64 bit O/S. I would try the 2015 version first.

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017
32 Bit:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746571
64 Bit:
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=746572

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015
32 Bit:
https://download.microsoft.com/download/...st.x86.exe
64 Bit:
https://download.microsoft.com/download/...st.x64.exe

I hope this will help.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't work. Looked at the event file and there apparently is an application specific permission that has to be resolved with Component Services. I'm researching that now.

Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Might want to try the additional solution mentioned in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid236527

Also, there's some other solutions offered below that post.

Thinking-about

NOTE:  If and when you DO find a solution, it would super if you come back here and let us know what solution worked to fix the issue.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Switching to Windows 8 compatibility resolved the issue. Right click the icon, select "troubleshoot compatibility" and then select "try recommended settings" and follow from there. Select test program when asked.
Post Reply Post Reply
Super... thanks for the reply to let others know what worked for you!

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I try to install ResScan 6.0, but getting an error message: Error 1714.
During installation process, it is looking for ResScan.msi file but it is not located in the default installation directory.
I did a scan in my c: drive, but cannot locate this file!
Post Reply Post Reply
I resolved my "Pure Virtual Function" error message by creating a new user on my PC and logging in as that user and installing ResScan. Apparently there is some registry corruption on my other login.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2018, 01:34 AM)gumleafau Wrote: I try to install ResScan 6.0, but getting an error message: Error 1714.
During installation process, it is looking for ResScan.msi file but it is not located in the default installation directory.
I did a scan in my c: drive, but cannot locate this file!

Make sure you have unzipped the download before trying to install
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2018, 12:34 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Make sure you have unzipped the download before trying to install

Yep, common mistake - this is due to the way Windows now displays a compressed (zipped) file as a folder. It looks like a regular folder and you can see what's inside of it just like a regular folder, but you have to first extract (unzip) the file to uncompress the files into a regular folder. Then you can install it from the newly-created (unzipped) folder that should sit in the same directory as the zip file.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 43 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 216 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,374 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.