Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help
I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help
So have not frequented the boards in some time, but find myself back and looking for some assistance in just setting up a new starting point to get things back on track.  Been using CPAP for 15 years or so I guess now...

History, I purchased a machine many years ago via the medical system, but really ended up being poorly supported by them and they could not seem to resolve issues (after spending a lot of money on machine, support etc). Went back with a new prescription for a reassessment recently, but without purchasing another new machine from them, they want to just start charging $$ which I do not have.  I am fully comfortable making adjustments to all menus on my machine.   I have a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - VPAP-S mode, currently at EPAP 4.2 IPAP 10.2   Purchased this machine new as it was 1/3 the cost the respiratory clinic wanted.  But hence, the lack of support from them.

So, no, I do not have a sleep study to reference.  I have generally mild sleep apnea - I can ALMOST sleep without the machine (can snore badly some nights, and others are not bad) but what I cannot seem to get through to the sleep clinic people is that I have poor sinuses and stuff up which I think causes some of my issues.  I would like is to get a fresh start and "reset" some base machine settings and then see how things progress from there and with your help, make slow adjustments to see what I can improve. 

I have many nights in a row where I have low AHI (less that 5.0), but then get some brutal nights where I have a ton of Clear Airway events and AHI as high as 33.  Does not seem to be any reason I can determine why it changes one night to another really.

Anyways, I'll post a few nights data here...would appreciate any ideas/suggestions for a reset - new starting values, machine mode, settings etc.  Just a "mild sleep apnea" base settings to start with...if that makes sense.

One question...the leak rates seems to somewhat align with the problem areas....is the biggest concern in my life at the moment a leaking mask? Am I reading that right and just need a different mask or better/tighter fit? I have had the same mask (type) for the last few years. Change out the pillows once every six months or so...

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm back...and looking for some new baseline help
This is why I am concerned...overall picture.  Last couple months something seems to be going on...(summary)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level mikep118 13 1,875 11-13-2023, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  How to get my data back RainbowFish 4 697 02-19-2023, 07:38 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  SleepyHead - Change SpO2 baseline? Too many incorrect desats MyronH 10 2,135 10-04-2022, 03:26 AM
Last Post: joeb
  Loading data back onto a ResMed ApneaLink Air makemeawake 3 3,978 10-19-2021, 05:30 PM
Last Post: samlevin
  New computer - back to building OSCAR happydreams 12 1,335 01-28-2021, 11:15 AM
Last Post: happydreams
  How does OSCAR calculate the SPO2 Baseline? greyham 0 697 01-23-2021, 05:49 PM
Last Post: greyham
  How do I get mouse pointer back in SH? 2SleepBetta 5 2,269 02-15-2018, 03:27 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.