Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.4.1)
(07-18-2015, 04:00 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(07-17-2015, 11:24 PM)Crikey Wrote: Hello everyone, I am new here so bear with me please.

I run Windows 7 and recently downloaded ResScan 5.4.1 and installed as per instructions. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling, downloading the zip file again and opening as Administrator.

The problem is: when trying to open ResScan it initially gives me a message:
"Unable to detect device communication library".
The program opens however, the Download Data button is inactive.

I would appreciate some help rectifying this problem.

Thank you.

Hi Crikey, welcome to Apnea Board.

I would try downloading again and installing again, just to see if it might help.

Oops - Sorry, I see you've already tried that.

I'm not a Windows expert but some who have posted in this thread are, and hopefully will respond.

In the meantime, I think SleepyHead works well with your machine and is preferred by many.

Or, if you have lots of time, skimming the many hundreds of posts in this thread would likely uncover a few which have provided suggestions for the installation issue you are having.

Good luck.

Thank you for responding.
(07-18-2015, 06:00 AM)AlanE Wrote: When you reinstall, follow the installation warning message:

"During the first part of the software installation, it will ask you if you want to install their 3 proprietary drivers. DO NOT CHECK any of the 3 boxes for these drivers, unless you have one of the following three ResMed-brand devices:

1) ResMed S9 USB Adapter (P/C: 36950) or ResMed S8 USB Adapter (P/C: 22203)

2) ResMed's ResScan Data Card Reader (P/C: 22207) or ACR 38U Smart Card Reader

3) ResMed Stellar ventilator machine with direct USB connection

Some users have reported that installing these drivers makes the ResScan program non-functional. If you're not sure what to do, try installing the software without the drivers first to see if the program runs properly without them."

You will need to have your SD card inserted into a reader before running the program. Some have reported that they got ResScan to work without an SD card reader though. I have had trouble trying that and just don't have the patience to figure it out.

Thank you for the response. I have done exactly what you referred to. It appears something is missing in the file. Not being a computer wizard, I have no idea.
Crikey,

When you installed it the very first time, did you check any of the 3 proprietary driver boxes, or leave them all un-checked?

If you checked any of them during any installation, it's nearly impossible to get ResScan to operate correctly, no matter how many re-installs you do. Once those drivers are installed, it pretty well ruins any future attempts to get ResScan to operate correctly with an SD card, hence the warning.

Some have reported that they have un-done the proprietary driver installations and gotten it to work, but it's a fairly involved method from what i understand, and I think I remember only one or two people getting it work work, and even then, I'm not sure what they did to get it to work.

Might have to use SleepyHead instead of ResScan, perhaps.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Dear SuperSleeper,

You are realy not bleary!! Thanks for all!

Before installing the new downloaded ResScan from your link, I uninstalled the old version and did a restart of my virtual machine. Then after installing the new version I restarted my machine again. Now ResScan works like a charm.

One hint: Before I started ResScan I applied my sd-card so that it was available as a new directory.

Once again thump up

Thank you!
I have been on CPAP for over 10 years, having access to the full scope of my therapy is great. After purchasing both the S8 data cable and S8 card reader (with a couple of cards), I downloaded the ResScan 5.4.1.9121 to my computer, which is running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Since I had the devices, I installed the drivers for them too.
The installation went without a hitch and the software works fantastically. I have used both devices, one on each of my machines (I have 2 S8's, home and not home) and they both download as they should.
Thanks again for having the software available.
Not real good with computers.
Having trouble installing ResScan onto Windows 8, 64 Bit.
During opening of file I Get message error 1310.Error writing to file.
Can someone help me here please.
Is this software also suitable for an android tablet?
Many thanks
DonB
Probably the first thing to try is right click the installer and choose "Run as administrator" and see if that works.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
(06-19-2015, 11:47 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: The new ResScan version is 5.4.1, and the link to the new version is now being distributed by healthcareworker (please follow the directions in this thread):

(NOT allowed to post links in this forum)

I have been to (not allowed to post links in this forum) and sent the email for the link waited about three hours and still no response.
Is this still the preferred method to receive the software ???

Thanks

(08-21-2015, 07:35 PM)facemir Wrote: I have been to (not allowed to post links in this forum) and sent the email for the link waited about three hours and still no response.
Is this still the preferred method to receive the software ???
Thanks

Yes, via email request is the only way the link is sent out currently.

I just tried and got an email reply in 10 seconds. If you're not getting the email, look in your junk email folder or spam folder. If it's not there, your specific email address is possibly blacklisted because it's been used to send out spam in the past (email addresses can also get incorrectly marked as spam email addresses, but it still means your email address is blacklisted).

If it's still not working for you, try sending the request from a different email address. Or you can sign up for a free Gmail account and use that to request it. Sign up for a free gmail account here: http://mail.google.com/mail/signup
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Quote:Admin Note:
This thread is now archived and closed to new replies. If you have a question regarding ResScan, please start a new thread here in the Software Support Forum.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,265 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 66 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 149 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 324 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 332 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 192 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 590 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.