Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.3)
(02-04-2015, 01:58 PM)metroshane Wrote: Is there any software that will work on a Mac. The software in the link is an exe (windows) file.

Hi metroshane, welcome to Apnea Board.

ResScan does not need a fast or new computer. ResScan would run fine on any old discarded Windows XP laptop or desktop laying around or that you may be able to pick up for a few dollars at a garage sale or for free.

Or, as an alternative, although ResScan only runs on Windows, it can run on a Windows Virtual Machine running on a Windows emulator running on a Mac. For example, Parallels is a Windows emulation program which runs on a Mac.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Hi Folks,

I am new to this and only got my Airsense 10 Autoset about 30 days ago. I set it up fine and was able to connect it to the myair website for reporting but this is inadequate for my needs. I researched and found the link to download ResScan 5.3 on this site and followed the instructions. After a little work, was able to set it up and read the clinicians guide. Can't find any mention of how to connect the unit to the PC software using the cellular/wifi functions of the unit which seem to be working fine with the myair website. Any Ideas? I would greatly appreciate any input on how to make it work as I believe the software should support this?

Thanks,

Boris
(02-06-2015, 12:45 AM)Borisb Wrote: Can't find any mention of how to connect the unit to the PC software using the cellular/wifi functions of the unit which seem to be working fine with the myair website. Any Ideas?

Hi Boris, welcome to Apnea Board!

Your CPAP machine should have an SD card in a slot in the back. You'll need to have an SD memory card reader that attaches to your personal computer via a USB port, and take the SD card out of the machine and place it into the card reader to transfer data between it and the ResScan software.

You can get a standard USB style SD card reader at most electronics stores or on places like Amazon pretty cheap.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

There's a little door on the machine at the left side when you are looking at the front panel.

Pry that open and you'll see the slot for the SD card. Press in gently on the card and it will pop out. You'll need a slot for SD cards on your machine or you'll have to buy an SD card reader.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Hi and many thanks for posting this link.

The file downloaded and installed without any errors showing, however, I'm unable to create a New Patient record.
I can enter the data but there is no 'save' button.

Any suggestions on how to proceed ?

Thanks

Doug
Thanks work well the Resscan softwere.
I have only been using ResScan and am very happy with it. I couldn't load it on to an older computer because the graphics weren't good enough and I wanted to view the detailed graphs.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what.
(Professor Sir Arthur Eddington, astrophysicist)
I had the S8 for almost 6 years, using the RESCAN software at home the entire time to monitor my progress. Just moved up the the Airsense 10 for Her one month ago and thanks to Apnea Board upgraded my RESCAN software to read the new data. My Dr. had wondered if I also have Central Apnea, and the new machine does identify the difference, showing instances of Central Apnea, which is good to know (although a little scary)
However, the software has a couple glitches that the older version did not have.
1. the mask fit is always a happy face on the machine, even tho the data shows massive leaking on many nights
2. The RESCAN software does not automatically update the data set shown on screen when the date selection is changed. It displays the same data previously viewed, and I have to click back and forth a couple times for it to update the data display (in stats tab) for the new date.
3. I had one night when it did not record any events of any kind for the entire night, and knowing my own 6 year history, I know that is not possible, so this glitch I find quite troubling, and more serious than the others.

anyone else tracking their Airsense 10 seeing issues with the data recorded and/or software functioning?
(02-22-2015, 08:59 AM)Chamomile Wrote: My Dr. had wondered if I also have Central Apnea, and the new machine does identify the difference, showing instances of Central Apnea, which is good to know (although a little scary)
However, the software has a couple glitches that the older version did not have.
1. the mask fit is always a happy face on the machine, even tho the data shows massive leaking on many nights
2. The RESCAN software does not automatically update the data set shown on screen when the date selection is changed. It displays the same data previously viewed, and I have to click back and forth a couple times for it to update the data display (in stats tab) for the new date.
3. I had one night when it did not record any events of any kind for the entire night, and knowing my own 6 year history, I know that is not possible, so this glitch I find quite troubling, and more serious than the others.

Hi Chamomile, welcome to the forum.

A few centrals an hour are usually nothing to be concerned about. Centrals, especially if short, like 20 seconds, are not harder on our system than obstructive apneas, perhaps less stressful.

If the CAI (average number of central apneas per hr) is around 5 or higher, this would be excessive, in my view, and of concern. Sometimes lowering the Max Pressure setting may tend to reduce our CAI, but may worsen our RDI (Respiratory Disturbance Index, the average per hour of the total of apneas, hypopneas and RERA events).

The Mask Fit happy face should always appear, as long as your unintended Leak was less than 24 L/m for at least 70% of the night. This could allow quite a lot of leaking and still report the happy face. This is not a bug. It is a feature. Helps patients not get discouraged and give up too soon.

I suppose an occasional zero AHI might well be completely valid. The AirSense 10 may be more proactive in raising the pressure than your S8 (AutoSet?) machine, perhaps thus avoiding all AHI events.

If you also had no Respiratory Effort-Related Arousal (RERA) events, then your RDI (Respiratory Disturbance Index) would also have been zero.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

My wife got a ResMed air sense 10 this week. We only have two nights on it. I downloaded the new version of ResScan as per the instructions. The only thing I can bring up is the Statistics and summary graphs, no detail graphs and no print option. Any ideas why? I am running win 7 64 bit.
Jack

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.