Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.3)
(03-04-2015, 11:25 AM)gulfjack Wrote: My wife got a ResMed air sense 10 this week. We only have two nights on it. I downloaded the new version of ResScan as per the instructions. The only thing I can bring up is the Statistics and summary graphs, no detail graphs and no print option. Any ideas why? I am running win 7 64 bit.
Jack

Did you forget to enable "detailed data" or "all data" as described in this post, perhaps?"

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...398#pid398

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(03-04-2015, 11:25 AM)gulfjack Wrote: My wife got a ResMed air sense 10 this week. We only have two nights on it. I downloaded the new version of ResScan as per the instructions. The only thing I can bring up is the Statistics and summary graphs, no detail graphs and no print option. Any ideas why? I am running win 7 64 bit.

We need more information. The Resmed Airsense 10 is not a single machine, it is a series of about four machines. We need to know exactly which one you have as some in the series do not provide full data.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Jack

Aside of changing the download options in ResScan, on my S9 I had to turn on the "Sleep Quality" option. Since the S9 and AS10 are kiss'in cousins, you might have this option in the setup menu.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(02-23-2015, 01:40 AM)vsheline Wrote:
(02-22-2015, 08:59 AM)Chamomile Wrote: My Dr. had wondered if I also have Central Apnea, and the new machine does identify the difference, showing instances of Central Apnea, which is good to know (although a little scary)
However, the software has a couple glitches that the older version did not have.
1. the mask fit is always a happy face on the machine, even tho the data shows massive leaking on many nights
2. The RESCAN software does not automatically update the data set shown on screen when the date selection is changed. It displays the same data previously viewed, and I have to click back and forth a couple times for it to update the data display (in stats tab) for the new date.
3. I had one night when it did not record any events of any kind for the entire night, and knowing my own 6 year history, I know that is not possible, so this glitch I find quite troubling, and more serious than the others.

Hi Chamomile, welcome to the forum.

A few centrals an hour are usually nothing to be concerned about. Centrals, especially if short, like 20 seconds, are not harder on our system than obstructive apneas, perhaps less stressful.

If the CAI (average number of central apneas per hr) is around 5 or higher, this would be excessive, in my view, and of concern. Sometimes lowering the Max Pressure setting may tend to reduce our CAI, but may worsen our RDI (Respiratory Disturbance Index, the average per hour of the total of apneas, hypopneas and RERA events).

The Mask Fit happy face should always appear, as long as your unintended Leak was less than 24 L/m for at least 70% of the night. This could allow quite a lot of leaking and still report the happy face. This is not a bug. It is a feature. Helps patients not get discouraged and give up too soon.

I suppose an occasional zero AHI might well be completely valid. The AirSense 10 may be more proactive in raising the pressure than your S8 (AutoSet?) machine, perhaps thus avoiding all AHI events.

If you also had no Respiratory Effort-Related Arousal (RERA) events, then your RDI (Respiratory Disturbance Index) would also have been zero.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Thank you for your feedback. regarding the leakage, the issue is the happy face shows even when the 95 percent figure is in the 30+ range.
Jack

I marked mine to download all detail data, and each time I click on detail for a particlar date it finds it, no problem.
(03-04-2015, 02:12 PM)Chamomile Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 01:40 AM)vsheline Wrote: The Mask Fit happy face should always appear, as long as your unintended Leak was less than 24 L/m for at least 70% of the night. This could allow quite a lot of leaking and still report the happy face. This is not a bug. It is a feature. Helps patients not get discouraged and give up too soon.

Thank you for your feedback. regarding the leakage, the issue is the happy face shows even when the 95 percent figure is in the 30+ range.

If your 95% Leak was 30+, this means that at least 95% of the time your Leak was at OR BELOW 30+ Liter per minute. Which also means your Leak was at or above 30+ Liter/minute for at least 5% of the time.

Since Mr Happy Face appeared, this means your Leak was at or below 24 L/min at least 70% of the time. Which also means your Leak was above 24 L/min for not more than 30% of the time.

These can both be true. There is no contradiction here.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(03-04-2015, 02:12 PM)Chamomile Wrote: Thank you for your feedback. regarding the leakage, the issue is the happy face shows even when the 95 percent figure is in the 30+ range.

As Vaughn explained, you can get the Happy Face and still have significant leakage that adversely affects your therapy, quality of sleep, or both. Basically, if you get the Frowny Face you know you have leak issues. If you get the Happy Face you know you have to check with the software to see if you have significant periods of large leak.

To do this you look at the statistics, but I find it's better to also look at the leak graphs. This is what I do. In ResScan I set both graph windows to show only the leak graph. In the upper window I set the time to span, say, 10 hours, so that I can see the entire night's leak graph. In the lower window I set the time to span, say, only one or two hours. Then I can move the slider from side to side, zooming in on the regions where I see the leak graph go way up.

I'm interested in two things. How many times during the night does the leak graph spike, and how long do the spikes last. If I have spikes that last more than a minute or two I'm concerned. I was having spikes that lasted 20 minutes or more, and I'd have several on some nights. The problem was reduced by tightening my chin strap, but I was able to finally resolve it by switching to a full face mask. The first one I tried was a big improvement, but the second one is working extremely well. I go the whole night with no major leakage.
Sleepster

(03-04-2015, 02:12 PM)Chamomile Wrote: As Vaughn explained, you can get the Happy Face and still have significant leakage that adversely affects your therapy, quality of sleep, or both. Basically, if you get the Frowny Face you know you have leak issues. If you get the Happy Face you know you have to check with the software to see if you have significant periods of large leak.

In other words, the Happy Face tells you little and is next to useless.
In my opinion, that is a design flaw--or at the least, a design inadequacy.
I have a S9 AutoSet CPAP. I have downloaded the ResScan software and installed it using windows 8. I am running on a Apple MacBook Pro with Parallels software manager running Windows 8. The program seems to start just fine and I am able to set myself up as a patient. I have no problems running other software in Windows and can see the SD card through Windows Explorer but for some reason the ResScan software cannot find the ResMed disc when it is installed in the the SD port. I get the following message when I try to load the data from my ResMed SD card. 'Connect a flow generator or data card and try again'. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, OldDog
(03-09-2015, 04:55 PM)OldDog Wrote: I have a S9 AutoSet CPAP. I have downloaded the ResScan software and installed it using windows 8. I am running on a Apple MacBook Pro with Parallels software manager running Windows 8. The program seems to start just fine and I am able to set myself up as a patient. I have no problems running other software in Windows and can see the SD card through Windows Explorer but for some reason the ResScan software cannot find the ResMed disc when it is installed in the the SD port. I get the following message when I try to load the data from my ResMed SD card. 'Connect a flow generator or data card and try again'. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, OldDog

Welcome to the forum!
The first thing that comes to mind is during installation you selected an option. For ResScan to work, you can't select any options during the install. If you did that you will need to uninstall ResScan and reinstall it. . .without any options.

I hope this works for you.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.