Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.4)
(05-16-2015, 04:40 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 11:43 AM)lbailey03 Wrote: Does anyone know if that's all the S9 Escape provides. If so, what model do I need for the rest of the story?
Hello and welcome

Yes, compliance data is all what you get from the S9 Escape
As far the S9 series goes, avoid any machine with "Escape" in the name, such as S9 Escape or S9 Escape Auto
S9 Elite and S9 AustoSet are premium machines, I always recommend the "AutoSet" because it can provide two modes of therapy:
1- CPAP mode, deliver constant pressure all night (except Ramp period)
2- AutoSet mode, the machine adjust pressure as see fit between two pressure settings (minimum and maximum)

Basically, like having two machines built in one and only cost few dollars more than the Elite model

AirSense 10 is the newer ResMed machines, just came out at the end of last year, offfer 4 models:
1- AirSense 10 CPAP ... basic model, slightly better than the S9 Escape but best to avoid
2- AirSense 10 Elite ... full data capable fixed pressure machine

3 & 4 - AirSense 10 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her are top end APAP machines, for Her model offer an extra mode (female specific) and report RERAs in all 3 modes ... both are same price, "for Her" make sense

Thanks for the information. I wish that I knew more when I first got my machine.
Thanks for this information, About the ResScan 5.3 software so that one can read his memory cards from an S9 Resmed VPAP auto machines.

Maybe I am lazy but I run a MAC computer and hope to find the same software available for Mac OS X. Any chances that some body can tell me where to find such Software ?

Alternatively I think I can run Window's on a Mac but not sure if this will work. Are all the ''Health Workers'' on PC ? Or is Resmed all on PC ?

Again great having such references and YES LETS SUPPORT OUR APNEA BOARD with a donation, (many small gifts will add up )

Sorry cannot post link to Apnea Board Donation but easy to find $

(05-22-2015, 12:39 PM)Polo 1955 Wrote: I run a MAC computer and hope to find the same software available for Mac OS X. Any chances that some body can tell me where to find such Software ?

Alternatively I think I can run Window's on a Mac but not sure if this will work. Are all the ''Health Workers'' on PC ? Or is Resmed all on PC ?

Hi Polo 1955,

ResMed ResScan only made for Windows. SleepyHead is made for both.

I run ResScan on my old Mac Mini, using a Virtual Windows XP machine running on Parallels. Works fine.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Hi

I have a ResMed AirSense 10 with HumidAir/ClimateLineAir and a Quattro Air full mask. I just downloaded the ResScan software, but as the CPAP-equipment is formally owned by the hospital I want to make sure that installing the software and reading the data from the SD-card won't alter the content in any way (I need to keep the data available for my regular checks at the hospital)?
(05-23-2015, 05:09 AM)hhovdet Wrote: Hi

I have a ResMed AirSense 10 with HumidAir/ClimateLineAir and a Quattro Air full mask. I just downloaded the ResScan software, but as the CPAP-equipment is formally owned by the hospital I want to make sure that installing the software and reading the data from the SD-card won't alter the content in any way (I need to keep the data available for my regular checks at the hospital)?
Rest assured, you can download the data from the SD card to your heart content and the data would be still available on the SD card but make sure you put the card back in the machine

AirSense 10 AutoSet SD card stores up to 365 days of compliance data, 30 days of detailed data and 30 days of flow data

The machine display your nightly efficacy data (AHI, pressure, leak, etc ..) on the sleep report, providing "Essentials" set to "Plus" from the clinical menu

Have you had pressure titration at the hospital or they're trying to figure it out by setting the machine at default settings (4 - 20)
(05-23-2015, 05:09 AM)hhovdet Wrote: I want to make sure that installing the software and reading the data from the SD-card won't alter the content in any way
Slide the lock on the side of the SD card and your SD shouldn't be altered while in your computer. That is if your card reader honors the lock. Most external readers will. Remember to remove the lock when you reinsert it into your xPAP machine.

[Image: sd-lock.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
(05-23-2015, 06:56 AM)zonk Wrote: Rest assured, you can download the data from the SD card to your heart content and the data would be still available on the SD card but make sure you put the card back in the machine
Ok, thanks Smile

(05-23-2015, 06:56 AM)zonk Wrote: Have you had pressure titration at the hospital or they're trying to figure it out by setting the machine at default settings (4 - 20)
I have no idea what "titration" is (mind you: I'm norwegian, so perhaps it's another word for it over here).
So far, I'm just using it with the default/auto-settings from the hospital.
(05-23-2015, 07:03 AM)AlanE Wrote: Slide the lock on the side of the SD card and your SD shouldn't be altered while in your computer.
Of course... Oh-jeez :grin:

(05-23-2015, 08:35 AM)hhovdet Wrote: I have no idea what "titration" is

It's the process used in the sleep lab to determine the pressure needed to keep your airway from collapsing. This is done during either the second sleep study (after a first sleep study's determination that CPAP therapy is needed to prevent obstructions in the airway) or the second half of a split sleep study.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
ResScan issue
I just downloaded the ResScan software. When I double-click on the setup.exe I get an error message that states "setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application."

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

TIA
RE: ResScan issue
I would download a new copy and install from the new one. Sounds like the download got futzed.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 640 Yesterday, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 102 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 98 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,356 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 92 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.