Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan issue
What type computer are you trying to install on?
Some windows machine, like the MicroSoft Surface will not install anything that doesn't come from their APP store.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
You may have a corrupted download. Either move or delete the original file and try downloading again.

Here is the MD5 checksum for a good download :c5e9a38c12143367aba574a4276ebcaa
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.4)
Trying to install V5.4 I get a notification from Nortin Antivirus that the setup.exe is infected. Norton then proceeds to delete it. This on Windows 7. Any ideas?

thanks,
Dave
(05-26-2015, 01:19 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Trying to install V5.4 I get a notification from Nortin Antivirus that the setup.exe is infected. Norton then proceeds to delete it. This on Windows 7. Any ideas?
Remove Norton and get something better. Something simple like Microsoft Security Essentials which is free and doesn't over load your computer. For additional security look at Malwarebytes for malware which is not really viruses but just as bad.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Thanks, but Norton has saved my bacon many times over the years. I'll keep it.

Dave
Hi craigzzz,
WELCOME! to the forum.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
I stopped using Norton stuff back in the Win95 days. I use MS security essentials on this computer. Trend micro on my laptop (vpn requires it). Nothing on ubuntu. heh
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
(05-26-2015, 01:01 PM)justMongo Wrote: What type computer are you trying to install on?
Some windows machine, like the MicroSoft Surface will not install anything that doesn't come from their APP store.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite Pro running Windows Vista Business SP2.
(05-26-2015, 02:39 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Thanks, but Norton has saved my bacon many times over the years. I'll keep it.
Dave

The bloated and unreliable Norton Antivirus software has reported ResScan as being "malicious" or "infected" for quite a while now. I've probably gotten 100 emails from folks who have Norton reporting this. Assuming you downloaded ResScan from ResMed's website, Norton is likely giving you a "false positive", meaning it incorrectly marks some programs as having a virus.

Norton is no longer what it used to be. Past performance in previous versions is no indicator of how well the current version of Norton works.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Norton saved me many times in the past too. I can't count the number of customer machines I had to fix after Norton decided to go crazy go nutz for some silly reason or another, or just caused their machine to run so darn slow they had to give up and buy a new one from me. The revenue stream I had from Norton machines alone probably paid my rent.

So, I definitely believe in Norton. Well, now that I'm a Retired_Guy, maybe not so much.

I don't use any anti-virus program anymore. I run Malwarebytes on occasion to clean out the crap, but that's about it. I also don't download music or games or what have you that can be so problematic. I do regularly clone my drives to a removable disk as a backup.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 636 8 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 97 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.