Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.4)
I just installed the newest version. Looks like it won't import the latest data correctly... I can only see my last night's sleep in the 'Summary Graphs' section, but not under the left browser section or any detailed graphs of it. SleepyHead seems to import just fine...
Dave,

I encountered a similar error when trying to install the ResScan download on my computer. I also use Norton. I disabled (temporarily) the Antivirus Auto-Protect and was able to install and run ResScan.
First thing to try is it be sure to INSTALL as administrator, and to set it to run as administrator...but if yours ids running at all, as it seems to be, then that probably isn't it.
Folks, I didn't come here for an anti-virus lecture. I am a computer security professional and hold an CISSP certification. Norton works well and has one of the more complete databases available, is updated for new signatures more quickly than others, etc., and I will simply not install a program that fails its tests.

Thank you for your help.
Dave, forgive me if I'm being blunt, but it was you who came here asking us for "any ideas" regarding why Norton marked ResScan as infected:

(05-26-2015, 01:19 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Trying to install V5.4 I get a notification from Nortin Antivirus that the setup.exe is infected. Norton then proceeds to delete it. This on Windows 7. Any ideas?

(05-27-2015, 07:16 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Folks, I didn't come here for an anti-virus lecture. I am a computer security professional and hold an CISSP certification.

Perhaps since you are a computer security professional, we should be asking you why your Norton antivirus software marked it as being infected?

If you don't know whether or not it's infected (as a holder of a CISSP cert), but you're here on a Sleep Apnea forum asking us if we have any ideas? Something doesn't compute here... Shouldn't you (as a CISSP) be able to assess whether or not Norton is giving you a false positive or not? You're the professional, after all-- not us.

How about putting all the CISSP training to work and delving into ResScan deeply and letting all us non-CISSP holders know exactly what virus it's flagging and checking against other methods to verify whether it's a false positive, or not?

Dont-know

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I had Kaspersky (fully updated) scan all of the files and there were no reported problems. What virus or Trojan is Norton reporting?

Good luck, Jay

(05-27-2015, 11:37 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Dave, forgive me if I'm being blunt, but it was you who came here asking us for "any ideas" regarding why Norton marked ResScan as infected:

(05-26-2015, 01:19 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Trying to install V5.4 I get a notification from Nortin Antivirus that the setup.exe is infected. Norton then proceeds to delete it. This on Windows 7. Any ideas?

(05-27-2015, 07:16 PM)parkerdt Wrote: Folks, I didn't come here for an anti-virus lecture. I am a computer security professional and hold an CISSP certification.

Perhaps since you are a computer security professional, we should be asking you why your Norton antivirus software marked it as being infected?

If you don't know whether or not it's infected (as a holder of a CISSP cert), but you're here on a Sleep Apnea forum asking us if we have any ideas? Something doesn't compute here... Shouldn't you (as a CISSP) be able to assess whether or not Norton is giving you a false positive or not? You're the professional, after all-- not us.

How about putting all the CISSP training to work and delving into ResScan deeply and letting all us non-CISSP holders know exactly what virus it's flagging and checking against other methods to verify whether it's a false positive, or not?

Dont-know

(05-27-2015, 04:09 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: I just installed the newest version. Looks like it won't import the latest data correctly... I can only see my last night's sleep in the 'Summary Graphs' section, but not under the left browser section or any detailed graphs of it. SleepyHead seems to import just fine...

Okay, today I can see the data that wasn't available to me yesterday. It looks like ResScan is programmed to hide data recordings that took place within the past 24 hours.
(05-28-2015, 03:21 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Okay, today I can see the data that wasn't available to me yesterday. It looks like ResScan is programmed to hide data recordings that took place within the past 24 hours.
Can you post a screen shot? Mine appears to be working okay. Here is my last night's run.

[Image: resscan.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
I have already reported the event to Symantec.

WS.Reputation.1 is detected by Norton and is considered a Medium Threat.

My question, poorly phrased as it is, was intended to elicit suggestions on how to bring this to the attention of ResMed.

(05-27-2015, 11:37 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Dave, forgive me if I'm being blunt, but it was you who came here asking us for "any ideas" regarding why Norton marked ResScan as infected:

Dont-know

(05-28-2015, 07:43 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(05-28-2015, 03:21 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Okay, today I can see the data that wasn't available to me yesterday. It looks like ResScan is programmed to hide data recordings that took place within the past 24 hours.
Can you post a screen shot? Mine appears to be working okay. Here is my last night's run.

Sure, take a look. It appears normally at the Summary Graphs tab, but not in the Browser section. In addition, it says that there is no detailed data available, but it was downloaded successfully... :/

[Image: BGnunSv.png]

[Image: E1qZHR2.png]

[Image: RWSqOml.png]

[Image: 5YUybVA.png]

So weird...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 86 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,333 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 371 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.