Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.4)
Just downloaded ResScan and am learning how it works. I like having multiple software options to choose from and ResScan looks good now that I am able to get detailed graphs to work. I'm learning and my sleep is improving. I still have a long way to go!
My doctor likes the reports from ResScan. It's what she is used to getting. I think anything else would distract her like a ditzy person in a suncatcher factory.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
(05-30-2015, 08:28 PM)PhotoMaster Wrote: Just downloaded ResScan and am learning how it works. I like having multiple software options to choose from and ResScan looks good now that I am able to get detailed graphs to work. I'm learning and my sleep is improving. I still have a long way to go!

Welcome to Apnea Board, PhotoMaster.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I've been using the CPAP machine for some time now but had access to my report thru the doctor twice only. As it's auto set, there's nothing much to be tweaked, I guess! Well, I had a suspicion that my leak is high, as there are days when I feel sooo great (top of the world) and other day - unable to get up in the morning. Now just today I came across this wonderful forum! (Hats off!) I'm so thank for the admin to make it available for OSA suffers for free! Well done!! AFTER SEEING THE REPORT MYSELF, my suspicion is confirmed - my leak is high - 40L. Good work, Thank you.

Welcome to Apnea Board, Fresh Breath.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(06-02-2015, 04:33 PM)Fresh Breath Wrote: I've been using the CPAP machine for some time now but had access to my report thru the doctor twice only. As it's auto set, there's nothing much to be tweaked, I guess! Well, I had a suspicion that my leak is high, as there are days when I feel sooo great (top of the world) and other day - unable to get up in the morning. Now just today I came across this wonderful forum! (Hats off!) I'm so thank for the admin to make it available for OSA suffers for free! Well done!! AFTER SEEING THE REPORT MYSELF, my suspicion is confirmed - my leak is high - 40L. Good work, Thank you.
Which one is 40 L/m ... Median, 95th percentile, or Maximum
Hard to tell if leak rate 40 L/m is bad, without seeing detailed data graphs
Might be just for a short period, bit of mouth leak here and there, if mouth leak suspected, chinstrap can helps keep mouth closed and minimize mouth leaks. With nasal and nasal pillows masks, important to breath only through the nose and keep mouth closed

If the machine display Mr Smiley face in the morning which means 70th percentile leak is less than 24 L/min ... indicate good mask fit and the machine working as expected

Your profile shows, "CPAP Pressure: 4cm
Are you using the machine CPAP mode at pressure 4, or 4 is the minimum pressure setting of the AutoSet mode?
Just downloaded ResScan and am learning how it works. Thnx a lot for this forum. We (my Doctor and I) are searching why I can sleep well. This evening my doctor will check the ResCan total Report.
Please advice , what is the apnea length or duration
Hi Everyone ,

Please[attachment=1538] advice , what is the apnea length or duration
Thank you so much for posting and sharing how to get the software to read my ResMed 10 SD card. It was irritating that I was getting so little information on the "myair" online account. I knew that little card had to have more detailed information on it. I still think it should be able to list how much I actually sleep, because I have the "auto" ramp feature that starts at a pressure of 4 and increases after I fall asleep. SO it should know what time it ramps up vs what time I start the pressure. It isn't long, I am just curious about these things. I also wish it would list when the apneas are. Obviously it is keeping track of how many per hour, so it should be able to keep track of the time.

I just started the CPAP 6 days ago. My in lab initial AHI was 15.1, and now my average is about 1.5. I have been using it 8+ hours every night at the prescribed pressure of 13, but I am still exhausted. Should I be noticing a difference by now?

I was sent to sleep neurologist by my endocrinologist when the treatment he was giving for secondary adrenal gland sufficiency wasn't working. He thought I needed some sort of medication (provigil) but wasn't comfortable prescribing it himself. Of course the sleep doctor looked at me (overweight) and immediately thought "sleep apnea" which apparently I have, but I am suspicious it isn't the whole problem (had sleep study while thin and no problem but still exhausted --- this is a long time problem).

I've been very serious about wearing the CPAP all the time when I sleep and all of that, but I'm wondering if it takes a long time to notice a change in alert levels or if I should have noticed after 60+ hours of compliant use.

I probably should have broken this into two posts (one on software, one on how long CPAP takes to work) but I am way too tired to screw with it. HOpe you understand.

(06-04-2015, 10:46 PM)gretchenhe Wrote: I just started the CPAP 6 days ago. My in lab initial AHI was 15.1, and now my average is about 1.5. I have been using it 8+ hours every night at the prescribed pressure of 13, but I am still exhausted. Should I be noticing a difference by now?

Not necessarily. It took me months to feel clearly better. It depends on several factors - age, general health, how long you had apnea, and others I can't think of right now.

The first thing that I noticed was that I had stopped getting worse. In my case I have mixed apnea and still kept getting worse on the machine until they added supplemental oxygen. Then I was in a steady state for around two or three months. After about four months I could tell I was doing better and that has continued.

Well, I am 71 and probably had untreated apnea for two decades before that. The damage that did was not cured overnight, especially at my age.

Some people do get very quick results, though, but it can't be guaranteed. For many people the body takes time to heal itself once the nightly strangulation has been eliminated.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 87 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,334 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 427 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.