Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16-SP1)
(07-18-2012, 12:15 PM)Sleepster Wrote: You don't have to get the autoset to get a data-capable machine.
But it dos help. Its like having two machines in one
Fixed pressure machine and auto-titrating machine
If I have to choose......guess which one
S9 AutoSet ...............every time

(07-18-2012, 12:49 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: True, but having an S9 AutoSet will give the patient much more in the way of options... both Auto or CPAP mode, plus data-capability.

True, but as one poster reported here recently, his insurance company wouldn't approve an APAP, even though it had been prescribed by his doctor. He said it was because there was no evidence that one was needed. Perhaps it's all in the way the doctor writes the prescription.

Quote:The only one who loses money when you go the data-capable Auto route is the DME.

Unless there's a larger co-pay for the more expensive machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi guys, just joined. picked up my spankin new darth vader mask, aka s9 autoset. Got the resscan software installed to the desktop, but it doesn't have a card readr, I do have one as a shared device on the wireless printer though, an sleepyhead accesses that data fine. ResScan refuses to see it, is there a manual way of downlaoding the data to a person's chart in resscan, or is this something I'm going to need to install on the laptop which does have a built in sd reader.
(07-18-2012, 09:07 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-18-2012, 12:49 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: True, but having an S9 AutoSet will give the patient much more in the way of options... both Auto or CPAP mode, plus data-capability.

True, but as one poster reported here recently, his insurance company wouldn't approve an APAP, even though it had been prescribed by his doctor. He said it was because there was no evidence that one was needed. Perhaps it's all in the way the doctor writes the prescription.

Quote:The only one who loses money when you go the data-capable Auto route is the DME.

Unless there's a larger co-pay for the more expensive machine.

Yep, another great reason for Supplier #2! Sometimes it is easier to throw money at a problem to make it go away! JMHO!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Follow up:
I spoke with my Doctor asking him for a new prescription for the Auto Set machine. He admitted he did not know much about the machines and relied on others to give me the proper machine. After going over the differences he said he would take care of it. Our Phone call was not more then 3 minutes long and I really didn't expect much help. Well to my surprise I received a call from the Medical supply company and they told me to come on in and swap out the machine. They were also told by the Doctor to give me what ever machine I wanted.
It is true what SuperSleeper wrote about the pricing. They charged the insurance company the same amount for the bottom of the line or the top of the line so they can get the max return. Insurance pays 80% of allowable so I had to pay 20%. What a scam....

Bottom Line: I love the data capability, it lets you see what your body is doing during sleep and how the machine is reacting. The major benefit I receive now is I do not go through the day now feeling dizzy all the time. I suspected the pressure was to high and the data proves it. I average around 9 and below, I very rarely hit 12, my setting for a manual machine I was suppose to use.
(07-26-2012, 09:31 PM)johnsonjb Wrote: Hi guys, just joined. picked up my spankin new darth vader mask, aka s9 autoset.
Hello and welcome - Congrats on your new AutoSet, its awesome machine. I,m not conversant with the download stuff but the built-in card reader on the laptop should work just fine.
(07-27-2012, 02:34 PM)Blue68Camaro Wrote: Follow up
Congrats on your new machine
(07-27-2012, 02:34 PM)Blue68Camaro Wrote: It is true what SuperSleeper wrote about the pricing. They charged the insurance company the same amount for the bottom of the line or the top of the line so they can get the max return. Insurance pays 80% of allowable so I had to pay 20%. What a scam....

Huhh?! Which is it? Does insurance pay 80% of the cost of the machine, or the same amount regardless of the cost of the machine?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(07-27-2012, 05:19 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-27-2012, 02:34 PM)Blue68Camaro Wrote: It is true what SuperSleeper wrote about the pricing. They charged the insurance company the same amount for the bottom of the line or the top of the line so they can get the max return. Insurance pays 80% of allowable so I had to pay 20%. What a scam....

Huhh?! Which is it? Does insurance pay 80% of the cost of the machine, or the same amount regardless of the cost of the machine?

$1327.50 billed to insurance company (This is the S9 ONLY)
$1062.00 insurance company will pay (This is the insurance company's MAX)
$265.50 I had to pay

Here is where I feel they are wrong:
If I was to go to them and by the machine out of my own pocket they would charge me $950 for the S9 and the H1(Humidifier), both for way less then just the S9 with insurance involved. Dont think this is not normal, it is. My wife works in the Medical field in a hospital. She sees this stuff go on all the time. Max charge to insurance all the time.

I guess to answer your question, they pay %80 of the cost of the inflated price of the machine.

(07-27-2012, 06:16 PM)Blue68Camaro Wrote: $1327.50 billed to insurance company (This is the S9 ONLY)
$1062.00 insurance company will pay (This is the insurance company's MAX)
$265.50 I had to pay

Here is where I feel they are wrong:
If I was to go to them and by the machine out of my own pocket they would charge me $950 for the S9 and the H1(Humidifier), both for way less then just the S9 with insurance involved. Dont think this is not normal, it is. My wife works in the Medical field in a hospital. She sees this stuff go on all the time. Max charge to insurance all the time.

I guess to answer your question, they pay %80 of the cost of the inflated price of the machine.

Suppose you had gotten a far less expensive CPAP machine. Your insurance company would have paid less and so would you. Correct? I don't believe, based on what I've seen, that the DME suppliers make more money when they provide a patient with a cheap brick instead of a more expensive data-capable machine.

By the way, I agree with you that these types of pricing arrangements are ridiculous. They are the result of insurance companies lobbying legislatures to increase their profits at the expense of affordable medical care.
Sleepster

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 91 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 435 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.