Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16)
ResMed is putting all the caveats in there to protect themselves legally. They don't want to get sued for providing an easy method for patients to make pressure changes. That's why the file link is hidden, and that is why we do not allow the file link to be posted directly on Apnea Board (also legal reasons). Healthcareworker set it up so the method for obtaining the software is not on a public website, but sent via email (see the ResScan thread in our Private Files & Links area - login required).

ResMed knows regular patients are downloading and using ResScan. Gil Ben-Dov is a Vice President at ResMed and a member of Apnea Board-- username is SocialGil). He is well-aware that Apnea Board is giving out the link via this method and has not requested that we stop doing it. One of the first threads where he posted is here (copied from the old forum). I'm pretty sure ResMed is glad that patients use ResScan - after all, it makes their products more attractive as compared to others who charge for their data analysis software. But, ResMed does it in a way that protects them from lawsuits. Works well for them and for us as patients.

They have to put that "only under a doctor's supervision" part in the agreement because their legal dept. insists on that, most likely.

EDITED to add: If ResMed truly wanted to prevent patients from using ResScan, they would put the download link in a password-protected area like they do with other DME-related materials. The decision to make the download link accessible (and yet hidden) is a deliberate one I think.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Thanks for your explanations, folks! With all that in mind, I will give downloading it a go. With all the special instructions needed, it doesn't sound as user friendly as SH. Again, many thanks
Yep, if ResScan doesn't work for you, SleepyHead is always an option. One of the differences however is that with SleepyHead, you can't make setting changes to your CPAP from within the software - it's designed as a reporting package only. With ResScan, you can get data and reports, but also use the software to customize your ResMed CPAP's settings.

But for me, I do prefer open-source programs like SleepyHead, just because I like open-source stuff - My PC is running Ubuntu Linux and our current forum software is also open-source.

Good luck, Dawei - Smile

Also, the ResScan file is huge (currently around 95 megabytes), and some folks have gotten a corrupted download file if they try to do the download during the day when their local ISP is busy. It's best to attempt a large download like that after 11:00 pm local time and before 8:00 am.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

b360155, I'll address this to you, since you mentioned it, but I'm sure other experienced hands can also help. Well, I've done it--downloaded 3.16 and then the data on my SD card. You mentioned taking a printout report with you to your doctor for a 30 day follow up appt. Naturally, the ResScan format is quite new to me, but I'd like to know how you generated that report that you took with you? When I look at the report button, the program wants me to pick a particular day. I'm sure there is some way to create a report for a range of days, right? Also, did you include both summary and detailed graphs in that report that you created, and if so, I'd like to know how to do it.
One more question (for now), if I may. Does the program allow one to download more recent data from the SD card since the last download without my having to do anything special other than again simply download data from the SD card?
Just as an FYI... members can read the thread where ResMed Vice President Gil Ben-Dov responded to our questions in THIS THREAD.

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Hi, I am a Newbie at this and am having some problems with the ResScan software. I downloaded it a few weeks back and after an initial problem getting it to open, it did open and I could use the software to explore with the sample data. Yesterday I got my machine, ResMed S9 Autoset. Today I tried to open the ResScan software and it will not open. It attempts to launch, I get the splash screen and an hourglass but it will not open. And it won't close. Using Task Manager, I can see that the ResScan.exe file is trying to launch and is using 99 to 100% of my CPU resources. I checked the Event Viewer under Control Panel and looked at Application and can see that ResScan started, it successfully loaded several .rpi files and initialized each of them until it got to the plug-in DataAnalysis.rpi which it tried to load but never did get to the initialization. So I am guess that that is where things are hung-up although I really don't know for sure. I made sure that ResScan was given permission in my firewall etc. When I force ResScan to close and stop trying to load, I have to use Task Manager to kill the process. This leads to my computer freezing up most of the time, requiring a hard reboot. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and even did a second download of the software and reinstalled again - still not working. Also check the Registry and found no ResScan entries after the uninstalls. The only other thing I noticed at one point was a program called devicescan2.exe was loaded but it wasn't using any cpu.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem.

Details: Using Windows XP Home, SP2. I use Firefox as the browser although I also have an up-to-date version of MSIE installed as well. Have not had problems installing any software in the past. Can't figure this one out. Help!

Thank you
Hi DenD746, welcome to Apnea Board!

This is puzzling... You probably already checked this, but did you verify that you received the entire installation file intact? It's supposed to be around 95 MB in size.

Downloading during busy times for your local ISP can lead to corrupted install files... that's happened often for folks who download ResScan... and the problem is usually solved by trying to do the download after 11:00 pm and before 8:00 am (low traffic times).

If ResScan won't work for whatever reason, you could also try the free SleepyHead software program (see here).

Anyone else have some ideas on this issue?

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Hi SuperSleeper, thanks for the response. I looked at the file properties and it says 95.2 MB so I think I have the entire file. And the .rpi file that seems to not be loading and initializing is actually on my hard drive in the ResScan folder. I guess it could be corrupted but I have never had that before. I have a high speed internet connection so it download 95MB pretty fast. I have loaded many files way over 100 MB without any problems. Kind of frustrated as I am really hoping to be able to manage this sleep apnea by using the data. Funny thing is that when I first downloaded the software and tried to open the program, it didn't work the first time but then it worked and I was able to go in and play around with the software using the sample files. Very strange.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I would really like to be able to track my results.

DenD746
DenD746,

One possible option... use an older version of ResScan:

When you received the emailed download link, the URL (web address) has the version number near the end. You can download a previous version of ResScan by simply changing the "3.16" part of the URL to "3.14" or "3.13" (I don't think there was a version 3.15). You'll have to fill out the form again as you did before.

It may be that they put something in this new version that isn't compatible with something else on your system. Keep in mind, however, that versions previous to 3.16 were rather large (I think over 150 MB at least, if I'm remembering correctly). I really don't think there's a huge difference (as far as basic functionality is concerned) between ver 3.14 and 3.16.

Might be worth a try if all else fails. Dont-know

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(03-01-2012, 05:16 PM)Dawei Wrote: b360155, I'll address this to you, since you mentioned it, but I'm sure other experienced hands can also help. Well, I've done it--downloaded 3.16 and then the data on my SD card. You mentioned taking a printout report with you to your doctor for a 30 day follow up appt. Naturally, the ResScan format is quite new to me, but I'd like to know how you generated that report that you took with you? When I look at the report button, the program wants me to pick a particular day. I'm sure there is some way to create a report for a range of days, right? Also, did you include both summary and detailed graphs in that report that you created, and if so, I'd like to know how to do it.
One more question (for now), if I may. Does the program allow one to download more recent data from the SD card since the last download without my having to do anything special other than again simply download data from the SD card?

First of all, if you're brand new to ResScan, I highly suggest you view the following video tutorial which gives you some of the basics of navigating around in ResScan:
ResScan Tutorial Video
It's for an earlier version of ResScan but most of what it shows is still valid in the current version.

Unfortunately, this video tutorial does not cover developing reports and I'm not aware of any that have been produced.

Thinking-aboutI hope I can remember, it's been awhile since I did this.

From the beginning, you need to open a patient file, download data and review data, following the flow chart on the logon page. If you haven't already, you probably want to click on the Profile button and fill in some information on the General Details and Additional Details tabs. The information you fill in here will show up at the start of your reports under Patient Profile.

Click on the Report button and I think it brings up a pre-formatted template of a report. Near the top of the page, you will see "Select Report" with a title in the box to the right and then if you click on the drop down arrow to the right of the box, I think it will bring up several other pre-formatted templates for reports of varying detail. I believe there are ones for All Available Data, Detailed Data, Statistical Data, Summary Data and Usage Compliance.

To determine what date or range of dates you want included in your report, click on the date in the Browser box on the left. Left click on any one date to generate a report for that day. For a range of dates, left click and hold on the beginning date, then drag over the range of dates until you get to the end date you want and let go. The range of dates that you selected for your report should be highlighted in blue. I think that's your main question.

Once you've determined your date range, then go back up to the area to Select Report and click on the drop down arrow and choose the report type that you want. The titles provide you an idea of the level of detail any particular report will contain.

One pointer if you want to show detail graphs... When you click on the report type for a report that contains detail graphs, a pop up box will appear with check boxes next to each date in the range that you selected. You can check all, or you can just check a selected amount of days. Click OK and your report will be generated. My pointer is that the more days of detail graphs you choose, the longer it will take to generate the report, so I don't recommend printing like a month worth of detailed graphs...that will take FOREVER to generate.

That's it. Once you have generated a report, you will see 6 buttons at the top right of the screen: Customize, Add Comments, Print, Email Save and Save As which are pretty self explanatory. The Customize button lets you further refine what data shows up in the graphs and in what order they appear. If you want to keep your report, click on Save As and name it and you'll see the saved report in the box in the the lower left of the screen. Then, anytime you want to pull that report up again, just double click on it and it will open.

Hope that helps! Good luck and if you have any other questions Huh just ask and we'll see if we can dig up an answer for you. Cool

We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 90 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.