Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16-SP1)
(08-24-2012, 12:03 AM)benyang Wrote: I just requested the software 3.16 15 minutes ago, but the returned email has no link for that version. There are links for new beta version 4.1, and older version 3.14 etc. why is that?
Ben

Not sure what you're talking about Ben... I just tried and all the links are there and i was able to start downloading version 3.16, no problem.

Look in the middle section of the email for the 3.16 download link... not the end section where the older versions are listed. There are two download links for version 3.16, one link for the Americas and another for the rest of the world.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Question 
I have downloaded both the ResScan 3.16 and the 4.1 beta. Neither one will install, both saying my software is not correct. I am running Win XP Pro64. I would have at least thought the beta which indicated XP/Vista/7 would install as those are 64 bit. I tried installing both using compatibility changes also, trying XP, 2000 & 98SE. Same response. I had previously installed Sleephead with absolutely no problems and it is up and running. Any thoughts?
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
[quote='SuperSleeper' pid='414' dateline='1329977988']
[quote=Hosenose]

<< "...Really rigid mindset that rubbed my fur the wrong way and bolstered my resolve to get an autoset machine. I did so, paid for it out of my own pocket, and enjoy the freedom of being able to look at my own data. It is MY data, after all, isn't it?

Wife is an RN and says about 90% of patients are passive and defer totally to the authority of those in white coats, sometimes to their detriment. The other 10% often get labeled "non-compliant" or "difficult" when they don't automatically go with the flow. I'm not stupid, and I'm not a herd animal. I want to help paddle the boat and not be a passenger, and I resent like heck the "we know what's best for you" attitude that I see in so much of the health care industry (which is where I work, too)...."<<

--

And I would think much of this secrecy might be illegal or ought to be, since all the popular TV medical spokesman say to get involved in your healthcare, to be proactive, that it is some sort of right to do so.

When you do -- start asking questions, start learning -- the jerks clam-up, and start protecting your data from you.

Some doctors, often those without the time to do price searches, write out prescriptions for expensive name brand drugs when an equivalent generic or OTC is available. Some of these seem to dislike your knowledge of "pay for delay" agreements that name brand drug companies legally act out, but remain nice in a patronizing manner. Not all, but enough do this to warrant switching doctors or searching out equivalent generic or OTC drugs when possible.

The insurance company is just as bad. And medical equipment - OMG! - Welcome to RIP-OFF and upgrade RIP-OFF Super Stores! Even if you survive, may your wallet rest in peace.

Insurance companies seem to pretend to care, but too much policyholder experience in this industry when managing to stay alive reveals more than most in the industry prefer you to know. Seems you are actually expected to stay ignorant, shut-up, follow your doctors orders without question, and to please remember to pay your skyrocketing healthcare insurance premium.

Seems insurance companies could care less what you are charged for your care -- freely tinker with benefits and up the premiums to cover misuse the providers act out more than the policyholders act out. It's more like these sorts really are all in bed together with one goal ... Your Wallet! Not a conspiracy. Simply a nationwide Money Rush!

It seems obvious that too many in the healthcare industry (and some in government) could care less what the costs are, play 30/90 day prescription games, play hide and seek with the best prices to purchase drugs and home medical equipment, as though they are illegal drug dealers. And please explain what is the difference from both these sorts of manufactures when considering some of the dangerous drugs some of these legal companies produce using minimized or missing test data? And make, "pay for delay," agreements with the Gov. so they can continue to charge horrific prices? Illegal drug dealers seem can compete better with their illegal drugs, than some of the legal ones can with legal drugs.

I'm involved in my healthcare, and know this ... lots of scams or look-a-likes are happening on the Internet AND in the healthcare industry to the uniformed. Pay $10,000.00 priced for a discontinued BiPAP Auto ASV, or under $4,000.00 for a new technology same brand machine.

Complained until the old model was replaced with a new version and at the lower price. Went from so-called therapist consultant (Salesman) to one after another until finding a pro willing to work with me, an older woman with similar sleep apnea issues. Unfortunately, am stuck with my current insurance provider.

Seems odd that were it cancer I'd have to find a doctor with cancer to successfully relate to my issues, then outlive him or her to get the best treatment. Gave notice to the actual therapists to send all changes, relevant reports and other information to her. Any one else call from that equipment company, I refer them to her.

Are you willing to be called a trouble maker in this industry to save the insurance company some money, and hopefully expand that savings to other insurance company policy holders, and your own savings share of $6,000.00? Well, don't expect a thank you from the insurance company.

I even complained to the Attorney General, but seems not much luck there yet. Maybe that will change at some point, don't know, just hoping would suppose. I'll have to copy one of those complaints at some point in another thread. You can complain to the AJ by finding the link for your state in a search engine: *your state* Attorney General healthcare Complaints. Know of other complaint resources please make mention.

All sorts of somewhat self-serving warnings from medical experts on TV about trusting Internet sources to gather information and knowledge, which is true to a point. Yes, ask your doctor. And when treated like an imbecile or troublemaker?

When doctors, plenty of pharmacy manufactures, medical equipment suppliers, and insurance companies play games with your healthcare information and wallet, what other choice is there? Who in their right mind would want to work with people that act like bullies, label as 'difficult' or worse and gang up on the interested and learning, and are constantly looking for any excuse to grab some more money from your wallet?

The older you become and the more middle-class money you have the more interest in your healthcare. When you do not care what it costs, the sky is the limit for the wealthy and not so wealthy alike.

Seems obvious that Internet resources can eventually compete with better answers at times than those that you are paying a fortune. Some answers you can use to help improve your own healthcare, and without the politically correct, industry lobbyists, and special interest crap, and pressure on doctors from insurance companies to withhold some things (and even some treatments), and the secrecy from the healthcare industry that can distort their answers. I’ll say this. Do not wait until you get too old and senile. The money locusts may get to you before decency can intervene.

Yes, there can certainly come some odd, otherwise ignorant or even dangerous advise from the Net, but that can also be the case from those you are suppose to trust in the healthcare industry. If you live long and prosper, al least long enough engaging your healthcare needs from all available resources, some may figure out whom to trust and from what resources.

For that to happen the most decent, most ethical and most knowledgeable must lead us to the Healthcare Promised Land. And hopefully not take forty years to accomplish that task.

That's my effort anyway, to learn and apply what I learn, and this forum looks like a good start in that direction.
ResScan Report Interpretation Guide
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
Is there a ResScan 4.2 out? I was reading the Data management device compatibility list and it now shows ResScan version is 4.2. Does anyone have this version? Their website stills shows the download is 4.1.
(10-10-2012, 09:48 PM)mp3family Wrote: Is there a ResScan 4.2 out? I was reading the Data management device compatibility list and it now shows ResScan version is 4.2. Does anyone have this version? Their website stills shows the download is 4.1.

But Resmed official website still offers version 4.1 for physiciansUnsure
(10-10-2012, 09:48 PM)mp3family Wrote: Is there a ResScan 4.2 out? I was reading the Data management device compatibility list and it now shows ResScan version is 4.2. Does anyone have this version? Their website stills shows the download is 4.1.

There may be a 4.2 in the works, if they mention it on their website, but as far as I know, the only one currently available is 4.1

If anyone knows any different, please post or if you know of a link to a newer version, please send me a PM (Private Message) with the link so we can check it out and make it available to folks.

It would surprise me that a version 4.2 would be available now. It wasn't that long ago that version 4.1 came out. It's possible that this was a typo in the Compatibility List and should read "version 4.1". Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

You are right!

That Compatibility List does in fact show the current version to be 4.2

Here is the link to that list: http://www.resmed.com/assets/documents/s...lo_eng.pdf

But, I can't find that Version 4.2 anywhere on the ResMed website.
Will post if I ever do find anything.
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.1)
Okay, this thread is so long, I can't find what I am looking for.

I am installing v4.1 on my laptop. I am on the screen now where you select what you want to install. I clicked on the "custom" install.

The next screen shows the file tree including one for "drivers". When I click the drivers, I get two options. Neither one is for NOT installing the drivers.

How do I not install them then? I am hesitant to click 'next'.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.1)
Paula, I haven't installed version 4.1 and I don't recall seeing that screen when installing the previous ResScan 3.16-SP1. In version 3.16, there was a clear choice of 3 separate proprietary drivers with 3 check boxes (not like the screenshoot you posted). You could check any, all or none of them in ResScan 3.16-SP1, so this screen must be something new in version 4.1

I'd hold off until someone can confirm on this...

Can someone advise on this? What should Paula do at that screen?

Huh
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.