Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.1)
I'm having a tremendous problem with my s9's idea of my daily usage. Most of it is probably due to the fact I'm a night person and thus a day sleeper. My machine switches days around 11:00 am, and part of my sleep day is before 11:00 and part is after. However, that doesn't totally explain the problem, as even taking that into account, the stats are way off. For instance, yesterday I slept approximately 5 interrupted hours, 2.5 before 11 and the rest after 11. Machine info screen said sleep hours for that night was .9 hour! Most nights are not that bad, but every night shows less than the actual time. The total sleep hours, however are correct. Yet, if you add up the daily hours as reported by the machine, they do not add up to the total hours as recorded by the machine.

I contacted my RT, and she thinks it is all due to the time settings on the machine. She obviously has not tried to add up the totals, even though I told her they didn't jibe. Meanwhile, even though I have used the machine at least 4 hours every single night since I got it last Tuesday, my compliance report is showing 2-3 days NOT in compliance. The RT assures me that I should be fine since I have 90 day period to establish compliance, but meanwhile, I'm losing compliance days. She did say she would check the stats in a day or two, but this pattern is ongoing since I got the machine and I don't see any reason it will change.

I've installed Sleepyhead, set in preferences to change days at 5 pm and all the data is reported correctly. Sleepyhead is not showing any days of noncompliance. It seems that even though my machine screen is under-reporting my sleep time, that the data card probably is on the mark. I've seen that using Sleepyhead stats would not be legal evidence of my compliance, so I'm thinking of installing ResScan as well. However, if it won't let my adjust my "day" as Sleepyhead did, I don't think that will help anything if I try to use it to show my doctor my actual compliance.

Will ResScan allow my to adjust my "day" to my actual sleep patterns?
To sleep; perchance to dream...
[Image: resmedforher.gif]
[Image: Sleepwellpink1_zps36e39dba.gif]
You could probably change the clock to make "noon" be whenever you wanted to make it match your sleep cycle. That would make things a little more confusing, but might help your compliance numbers.

Are you getting any periods of time when you have a large leak? If the leak is bad enough, your machine will not count the hours for compliance.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Thanks, archangle! No, my leaks seem okay, and my total hours used are correct. It's just the "last night" figures which are always skewed. It's really weird.
CPAP day start at noon (12 pm) and end the following at 11.59 am
You can reverse am and pm times so the new CPAP day start midnight and you could have all sleeping hours with the 24 hour cycle

Try ResScan .. It shows compliance threshold graph and more likely your doctor is not familiar with SH
Compliance 70% at 4 hours
Thanks!
(11-14-2012, 05:30 AM)renatae Wrote: Thanks, archangle! No, my leaks seem okay, and my total hours used are correct. It's just the "last night" figures which are always skewed. It's really weird.

"Last night" numbers are often screwy even if you have a normal schedule. It seems the unit waits a while after you shut off before it calculates. Or something else that confuses the issue.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
That's great to know - and seems to be the case. The "last night" info I have which I obtained directly after waking up and what shows on my Sleepyhead report are definitely different! Not to mention what the DME is getting. Maybe this is the problem - thanks!
(11-11-2012, 11:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Okay, this thread is so long, I can't find what I am looking for.

I am installing v4.1 on my laptop. I am on the screen now where you select what you want to install. I clicked on the "custom" install.

The next screen shows the file tree including one for "drivers". When I click the drivers, I get two options. Neither one is for NOT installing the drivers.

How do I not install them then? I am hesitant to click 'next'.

I tried to install the 3.6 version and get the same thing.

In the setup, it gets to the screen where you choose regular install or custom. I choose custom. Then I get the file tree. Under drivers, there's no choice to NOT install.

Am I not to choose the custom and just install regularly?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(11-14-2012, 10:44 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Am I not to choose the custom and just install regularly?

Correct. Don't bother with the Custom install... just go through the standard ResScan install and it will create a ResMed or ResScan directory on your C: drive. You won't get that tree structure with options, then. Maybe that's why I never saw that when installing 3.16-SP1.

The option to install proprietary drivers comes shortly after you select the regular (not custom) install. It's a completely separate box that has 3 clickable check boxes. DO NOT install those 3 drivers.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Okay. Got it installed. You were right, it's the next screen. I installed 4.1. I'm using the SD card that came with my Escape. I removed all data, put it in the Autoset, and it recognized it. The files on there are from either yesterday or today.

But neither ResScan or Sleepyhead see any data. ResScan says "no device detected". When I try to select it, the SD card says 'unsupported device".

I should have known this was not going to be easy.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.