Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16)
(03-09-2012, 10:54 AM)Likababy Wrote: This is a little more than I want to spend right now. I will try to discuss with my Dr's office about what data they will return to me by mail if I send them the card on a regular schedule. Do you know if the card will hold 1 year of data?

Not sure... sorry about that. Unsure
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]

(02-23-2012, 02:40 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Make sure you get a plain vanilla SD card & not the newer SD cards. They are getting harder & harder to find but they are still out there. I found one at my local Office Depot, but they had already taken them off the shelves to make room for the newer ones. Amazon has some. So does the 1st online CPAP supplier (#1 on the list).

Thanks, SuperSleeper and all. Just ran across the Forum this week - tremendous.

In Post #35, what is meant by "...a plain vanilla SD card & not the newer SD cards."?

Downloaded the software, and will be getting a new machine in the next couple of months. Wish to get a backup SD card or two, but I'm missing on the definitions of "plain vanilla SD" and "newer SD".

Thanks
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
(03-21-2012, 11:46 AM)George B Wrote: Thanks, SuperSleeper and all. Just ran across the Forum this week - tremendous.
In Post #35, what is meant by "...a plain vanilla SD card & not the newer SD cards."?

Hi George, welcome to Apnea Board!

By plain vanilla SD card, it was referring to the older version of SD card (not the SDHC type cards) which are a newer type.

You can get more info in this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...emory-Card

But, I'm not certain of whether you'd need the older type or not, because many folks are reporting that the newer CPAP machines will work fine with SDHC as well as with the older SD types.

I got an extra older one simply because it's the same type that was originally included with my machine and I didn't want to take a risk that the newer SDHC cards wouldn't work properly.

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16.018)
I am having a problem trying to run ResScan and download my data from a ResMed S9 Autoset.

My ResMed ResScan says it is
Version 03.16.018
Launcher Version 3.16.0.0
Clinical Version: 3.16.0.0

The install was from the boards URL Link.

The install went fine. I was not sure which Driver to install I did the USB one as I would be reading from a USB port that has the SD card from my ResMed S9 Autoset plugged into a generic SD card reader.

That did not work so I rebooted and that did not help. I uninstalled all prior and current ResMed software (as i had an older ResMed software from 10 years ago on there as well). So all was removed and reinstalled ResScan and installed all the drivers as I thought maybe one might be right.

That installed fine but I continued to get the same error no matter how it is installed.

What happens is when I go to start ResScan it shows the splat screen (ResScan Software, ResScan) and then displays a popup on top of that:

================================================
_ASSERTE:

? intf !=0 @
CTongueROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\...\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868
Press[Y]es to terminate, [N]o to continue and [C]ancel to Debug

Yes No Cancel
================================================

You can press Y or N or Cancel and they all do the same thing. The popup goes away and the ResScan program comes up.

I can look at examples with it.

I can create a New Patient.

I can NOT Download. Which I think is what I need to do to see my data.

If I click on Download -> Download -> Open Patient or New Patient and fill it out or No Patient... They all will eventually pull up a screen:

============================================
! There are NO devices available for downloading data

Connect a flow generator or data card and try again.

OK

============================================

You press OK and it returns to the patient and does not download anything.

I can look on my Vista widows PC which is a quad core 32 bit system with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have the SD card mounted in a USB port as L:

I can look at the drive and it shows two folders and 4 files:

DATALOG
SETTINGS
Identification.crc
Identification.tgt
STR.crc
STR.edf

So my questions:

1) if I just want to read a SD card from a S9 autoset do I need anyy of those ResMed Drivers?

2) Why am I getting the Assert error?:
_ASSERTE:
? intf !=0 @
CTongueROGRA~1\Borland\CBUILD~1\Bin\...\include\vcl\UtilCls.h/2868

3) is there a way to just copy the stuff on the SD card to some location in
c:\program files\ResMed\ so that the ResScan program can see them
and use them as if they were already downloaded?

I would like to see my data.

Thanks

I see there is a thread about this Error above about the ASSERT Borland error I will try some of those ideas. I would have posted the link here but it will not let me until I have 8 or more posts. Dumb.
(03-22-2012, 06:31 PM)svwilbur Wrote: I see there is a thread about this Error above about the ASSERT Borland error I will try some of those ideas. I would have posted the link here but it will not let me until I have 8 or more posts. Dumb.

Please DO NOT post the link to the ResScan software openly in the forum - that will get you banned from the forum entirely. This is part of the agreement if you download the software. We don't want ResMed to remove the download link because patients are using it... the software was designed for clinicial use primarily, which is why the software download instructions are hidden in our Private Files & Links area.

On the install, probably what happened is that you installed the ResScan drivers during the installation. The directions in the email tell you to not install those drivers. It will not work if you do, and you'll have to figure out a way to un-install those drivers before it will work properly. From what I understand, uninstalling ResScan does not un-install the drivers.

Maybe someone else here can help you with un-installing drivers.

Hope this helps! Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

I was not going to post a link to the download. I was going to post a link to the other thread about the install and download error.
(03-22-2012, 06:46 PM)svwilbur Wrote: I was not going to post a link to the download. I was going to post a link to the other thread about the install and download error.

Good... thanks svwilbur! Smile Sorry, I went into panic mode there. Don't want them to remove that download link. Grin

Anyone know how to un-install these drivers once they've been installed?

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

The drivers to uninstall in my case are:
ACR38....
ResMEd USB Adapter
ResMed Ventalator Installer
Rescan
Windows Driver Package - ACS (A38CCID) SmartCardReader
Windows Driver Package - ACS (ACR122U) SmartCardReader
Windows Driver Package - ACS (ACSSCR) SmartCardReader

I know this as I installed them today and in Uninstall or change a program you can list by install date and they all show up as installed today.
(03-22-2012, 06:51 PM)svwilbur Wrote: I know this as I installed them today and in Uninstall or change a program you can list by install date and they all show up as installed today.

Did you figure out how to un-install the drivers? I'm using Linux, and it's been so long since I messed around with Windows drivers I can't remember how to do it off-hand.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 636 5 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 91 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.