Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.1)
I have 3.16 installed on my Win 7 64 bit desktop. Is there any advantage to upgrading to 4.1? I am experiencing two annoying glitches in ResScan 3.16 where only part of the radio button is in the window but it does appear to function correctly. It's the sort of thing one sees when there is a driver issue. The first one occurs in the opening patient window and the second in the download window. Is this fixed in 4.1? If I upgrade, how do I transfer saved data from 3.16 to 4.1?

Thanks.
(12-06-2012, 09:36 AM)Tree-Spirit Wrote: Best regards from good old Germany

Welcome Tree-Spirit. Glad you were able to get it working!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(12-06-2012, 10:35 AM)IDRIck Wrote: I have 3.16 installed on my Win 7 64 bit desktop. Is there any advantage to upgrading to 4.1? I am experiencing two annoying glitches in ResScan 3.16 where only part of the radio button is in the window but it does appear to function correctly. It's the sort of thing one sees when there is a driver issue. The first one occurs in the opening patient window and the second in the download window. Is this fixed in 4.1? If I upgrade, how do I transfer saved data from 3.16 to 4.1?

Thanks.

I don't think ResMed puts out any sort of "upgrade list" showing what bugs were fixed and new features were included in a new version. There may be something like that for Clinicians, but none available to patients as far as I know.

I'm still waiting to hear what exactly is the advantage of 4.1 over 3.16-SP1... so far no one I know of has been able to tell much difference.

On the installation, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you simply install the version 4.1 over the top of version 3.16, correct? It should retain all your old data, I believe.

I'm still using version 3.16 and haven't bothered to upgrade yet. Anyone know for sure?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I've only used the 4.1 so don't know.

Usually, with most other software, a change in the main number (3.x to 4.x) means there was a significant change somewhere. Could be design, layout, reporting, etc. Else, they just go up in the .x numbers. Not all companies follow this, however.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

I backed up my data and downloaded + installed 4.1 which went through without a hitch. Data download from SD card appears to be similar between the two versions on my gaming computer. The two minor glitches still exist in the new version which means they are probably a result of driver issue with my ATI video card.
(12-06-2012, 05:34 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I'm still waiting to hear what exactly is the advantage of 4.1 over 3.16-SP1... so far no one I know of has been able to tell much difference.

On the installation, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you simply install the version 4.1 over the top of version 3.16, correct? It should retain all your old data, I believe.

I'm still using version 3.16 and haven't bothered to upgrade yet. Anyone know for sure?

One advantage is that my resp. therapist uses version 4.1 so I can know ahead of time that the information I have is the same as what she will get. I think she seemed surprised when I said that I have the program. But alas, with a mere "Escape" unit it doesn't tell me all I need to know. But unless you're a professional you might not need the "new" version. Then again, if you like to fake it like I do, why not?
I read both manuals (V3 + V4). Because I could not find any distinctions I keep at V3.
(12-06-2012, 05:34 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(12-06-2012, 10:35 AM)IDRIck Wrote: If I upgrade, how do I transfer saved data from 3.16 to 4.1?

Yes, my old data was retained when I upgraded from 3.11 to 3.16, and again when upgrading to 4.1.

By the way, when my RT sold me ResScan 3.11, he advised me that, whenever downloading data from the data card, to always "Discard" redundant data from the data card rather than "Overwrite" data already stored on the computer. This way, there is no chance of losing any of the old data downloaded earlier.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(12-08-2012, 09:03 AM)Tree-Spirit Wrote: I read both manuals (V3 + V4). Because I could not find any distinctions I keep at V3.

Wow, someone who actually reads manuals. I'm the kind of person who just dives right into software and starts messing with it and rarely use the official manuals. I think your way is better, Tree-Spirit! I need to start doing that, I guess. Grin

(12-08-2012, 10:17 AM)vsheline Wrote: Yes, my old data was retained when I upgraded from 3.11 to 3.16, and again when upgrading to 4.1.

Good info, Vaughn! Thanks for confirming that it retains data upon upgrading... good to know! Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Thumbsup 
Hi all, I'm a newbe here.Cool I use the S8 Elite II with EPR for over 2,5 years now and had one breakdown when I was in Oxford GBR for business. Only then you can tell how dependant you are, could not sleep and felt broken the nex morning!!! So I was ultimately happy that the British Resmed settlement near Didcot repaired my machine for free. Hail, hail to them forever!
I just downloaded both 3.16 and 4.1 and first installed 3.16 over my 3.10 version. Did not see any difference, only in the Browser screen, where now the whole screen is used (In version 3.10 the last day was in the centre, the right half was empty). There is also a Device Log, which does not show anything with my CPAP.
Later I installed 4.1 and did not notice any difference!
For you guys with a new PC: I have installed Windows 8 Pro and everything works like a charm on both versions!!!
THANK YOU HEALTHCARE WORKER. Thanks
Happy Holydays to all of you from the Netherlands!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 89 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 429 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.