Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.1)
(12-21-2012, 01:31 AM)Sleepster Wrote: SleepyHead rules! Please consider supporting the author.

I sent him a contribution, but he deserves more.
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.2)
ResScan Updated to VERSION 4.2

Healthcareworker is now distributing the link to the new ResScan Version 4.2.

If you'd like the download link to the new 4.2 version, please log into your Apnea Board forum account (registration required), then go here for instructions:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nload-Link

Also in that post is a link to the new Clinician Manual for ResScan 4.2.

Coffee

EDIT: And, REMEMBER: DO NOT INSTALL THE 3 drivers at the first part of the installation... if you do, your computer will not be able to use any version of ResScan AT ALL.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(12-31-2012, 02:34 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
ResScan Updated to VERSION 4.2

Healthcareworker is now distributing the link to the new ResScan Version 4.2.

EDIT: And, REMEMBER: DO NOT INSTALL THE 3 drivers at the first part of the installation... if you do, your computer will not be able to use any version of ResScan AT ALL.

HOW?

I don't seem to be given the option of excluding the drivers.
Not even as Administrator. How do I bypass this?
(12-31-2012, 11:36 PM)Ugly Wrote: I don't seem to be given the option of excluding the drivers.

Sean, you're not going far enough in the installation, keep hitting next and you'll come to a dialog with 3 check-boxes, they're un-checked by default, just leave them that way and click next and the installation begins to copy afterwards.

(12-31-2012, 11:56 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 11:36 PM)Ugly Wrote: I don't seem to be given the option of excluding the drivers.

Sean, you're not going far enough in the installation, keep hitting next and you'll come to a dialog with 3 check-boxes, they're un-checked by default, just leave them that way and click next and the installation begins to copy afterwards.

I just know that when I select "custom" it mentions "Drivers"
The options I get are "This feature will be installed on local hard drive"
and "This feature and all subfeatures will be installed on local hard drive"
I acknowledge that if they get installed one option will be to reformat the drive but for now I'll take your word for it.
CRWS Settings remains active in the system tray but I trust setup will take care of that too.
(12-31-2012, 11:56 PM)TheWerkz Wrote:

Thanks. It worked - of course - but when I came to the install options and it wouldn't let me exclude the drivers, I was concerned. I didn't know it would take me to a driver install page where I had final say.
It's possible that I went through the same thing with version 4.1 but with my memory I can't be too sure. It's up and running. Thanks.
I did the same thing. The option for the drivers is on the next screen.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Dear Administrator

What if I have accidentally installed the 3 drivers but have uninstalled the ResScan later, then re-install ResScan later, how can I make ResScan work again. Is there anyway to fix the problem caused by my initial wrongfully installed the 3 drivers such as cleaning up the registry or something similar? Please advise as my ResScan is functioning normally except unable to generate any report at all right now.

Best Regards
XT
(01-13-2013, 11:00 PM)xtsui Wrote: Dear Administrator

What if I have accidentally installed the 3 drivers but have uninstalled the ResScan later, then re-install ResScan later, how can I make ResScan work again. Is there anyway to fix the problem caused by my initial wrongfully installed the 3 drivers such as cleaning up the registry or something similar? Please advise as my ResScan is functioning normally except unable to generate any report at all right now.

Best Regards
XT

Hi XT, welcome to Apnea Board. Smile

I know of no method to clean everything up so that ResScan will work once someone has mistakenly installed the 3 proprietary drivers. That's why we make such a big deal out of not doing that in the initial instructions.

I'm not fluent at all with editing the Windows registry - perhaps someone else can chime in and offer a potential solution. So far, however, in the several instances where this mistake has been made, I'm not aware of anyone who has cleaned up everything enough to make ResScan work again on their PC.

In any case, you might try SleepyHead, which is available for free. See the Private Files and Links Forum for that and other available software.

Good luck. Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Except to reformat the drive. But that's the extreme.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.