Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.2)
If you want a PC batch file that will quickly backup your SD card, paste the following into a text file, edit it and name the file backup_sd.bat :

@echo off
ECHO -=Setting up this backup file on a PC:=-
ECHO Find out the Windows drive letter of your SD card.
ECHO Mine is I:
ECHO Edit this file and change every occurrance of I: to
ECHO whatever your drive letter you have.
ECHO Change the destination below from C:\#BAK\sleep\MOST_RECENT_BACKUP to
ECHO whatever folder you want to use for storing the data from your card.
ECHO If the destination folder you specify doesn't exist, it will be created.
ECHO You're done editing, save this file as backup_sd.bat
ECHO Drag *that to your Start menu.
ECHO Use that to backup your Rescan data with two keystrokes.
ECHO.
ECHO Use this at your own risk. It will overwrite files
ECHO without asking.
ECHO.
ECHO To restore your data: edit this file again,
ECHO swap the source and destination, save file as ECHO restore_sd.bat.
ECHO.
ECHO ........................................................Sweet dreams.
echo.
PAUSE
IF NOT EXIST I:\\. goto NotExist
xcopy /y /s /e I:\*.* c:\#BAK\sleep\MOST_RECENT_BACKUP
goto out

:NotExist
echo.
echo Insert the SD card and try again.
echo.
pause

:out

I was creating a Monthly "Detailed Data" Report which shows daily activity. All I Had to do was highlight all the days in the month that are shown in the left hand column. Than click on "Detailed Data" and a pop-up would show up with all the days listed and checked off.
All of a sudden when I follow that same procedure only one day appears in the pop-up and not the whole month.
Any ideas asto what I have done wrong and how do I correct this and go back to my monthly report?
Thanks
Oh-jeez
My Machine is a Rem Star Auto A-flex. I have loaded the rescan software but it does not recognise the data source! Any suggestions?
(03-25-2013, 08:38 AM)Inky Wrote: My Machine is a Rem Star Auto A-flex. I have loaded the rescan software but it does not recognise the data source! Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum Inky!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

In answer to your question, the RemStar APAP machine you have is manufactured by Philips Respironics. The ResScan software is made to display, manipulate, etc. data for XPAP machines manufactured by ResMed.

In other words, you can not use ResScan to view data from your machine. Kind of like Ford vs. Chevy. They both do the same thing but they are not compatible with each other.

You can use the open source software, SleepyHead, to view your data, You can download it from the link HERE. You may need to download the so-called "Series 60 patch" depending on the model of your machine.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Just attempted to download the ResScan software 3.16 and the file size is only 465KB
(04-01-2013, 08:46 AM)csmolka Wrote: Just attempted to download the ResScan software 3.16 and the file size is only 465KB

Happens sometimes. It's best to download the software during off-peak (non busy) times locally. Internet gets bottlenecked during the day. Try very early in the morning or late a night - that's usually the cause for what you're experiencing.

Make sure you completely delete the old incomplete file before attempting another download, though.

Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I've been lucky enough to find this forum helping me not oinly to update my old 3.1 version of ResScan, but probably more interesting was the access to the "how to" interpretation document which says a lot on how things are going.
This new versions is more robust than the previous one I had (which crashed when it had too many detailed day to print), and adds interesting new graphs.

It allows me to have a much more accurate report to my doctor.
Thanks all for the grat work and making all this stuff and all your comments as well available to us.
Thanks
Wink 
(03-25-2013, 08:38 AM)Inky Wrote: My Machine is a Rem Star Auto A-flex. I have loaded the rescan software but it does not recognise the data source! Any suggestions?

RemStar is not by ResMed, but a brand by Respironics (=Philips). You could try SleepyHead software, although I doubt...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
I would like to thank everyone for their help. I now use Sleepyhead with works great, I hope I can be of assistance to someone to repay the kindness given, thanks again.

Inky.
Hi there, greetings from germany, the link which is pointing to list for ResScan compatability is broken/doesn't work.

It seems, that Softwarare 4.2 in german is not finished yet.
It works, but there are some buttons in special windows, which are not fully seeable. Sometimes the user is not able to push it, because those buttons don't fit in the program-windows.
Please excuse my english. Hope everyone is able to understand, what I've tried to explain.
;-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.