Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
(04-28-2013, 06:13 PM)kenhh Wrote: When I try to download the data from the card, I get the message "Connect a flow generator or data card and try again"
The card is correctly.
Any help would be appreciated!
Hi kenhh and welcome
Close ResScan, restart and try again
SleepyHead supports S9 too, some people had problem with either software, doesn't hurt to try

There is no S9 auto .. either AutoSet or Escape Auto
Look next to stop/start button for the model name

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.2)
Hi,
I am new to the forum but have been using the resmed for 1 year now. I would like to download the software to read my data but it keeps giving me a network error while downloading. I would like to see how it is going so the software would very nice. I have the resmed s9 elite with sd card.
Thanks,
Welcome to the forum. Try downloading during off hours, like maybe in the middle of the night?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Installed the ResScan, downloaded and emailed. Works like a charm.
I have used numerous providers, and find all of them unreliable as far as service. Also, equipment is marked up about 100-300%, when billed to an insurance company. Don't believe me? Compare prices online for equipment to what your insurance company is billed and paid.
My doc, needed to view my datacard, but unable to get the new provider, to even give me a phone call back.
Thanks for making this software available.
You gotta figure the online DME's have a markup of about 100%. That's the cost of doing business, handling warranty exchanges, etc. If you pay cash to a brick and mortar DME the mark up is probably about 200%. I would estimate the markup that they charge insurance companies is about 1000%. Of course, the insurance companies won't allow that charge and cut it by more than half.

Anybody who thinks the durable medical equipment industry in the USA is not a racket is either unaware or just plain stoopid.

Same goes for the medical insurance industry.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I had internet modem issues. Got it downloaded and works great. It's nice to compare stats and see where to possibly make some changes.Thanks
I had problems with the download too, but as previously posted by others if you try again at a different time it will download eventually, it seems the server gets overloaded a lot of the time and will only co-operate if you hit it at the right time.

A big thanks to the OP for this, only using the Resmed S9 Autoset a couple of months now and its a huge improvement on my old Puritan Bennett Sandman Info machine. I wanted to view my data regularly myself as I am still having a lot of un-resolved sleep problems but the providers of the Sandman Info emphatically refused saying I was not medically qualified to read the data.

After asking a few times over a period of over a year the home provider company rep got very irate with me and told me I could have it if I paid him €1,000 for the software!! ( I live in Europe) Needless to say that was the final straw for me, it was a terrible way to react to a patient who just wants to monitor their own health.

I didn't want it so I could meddle with machine settings as he seemed to believe for some reason. He was of the opinion that I could send my data card to him by post every few months and he would download the data and give me a call and let me know if he though there was anything to be concerned about and that my request to be able to read my own data was at the least nonsensical and at best vexatious.

So, I have now finally (yay!) managed to change provider and am using my shiny new Resmed S9 with my data at my fingertips.
As an exercise I downloaded the Rescan software and installed it on my computer running Linux [Ubuntu 12.10]. Under WINE everything seems to work but I don't have a data card to check. I don't have a Rescan machine myself but know someone who does. They are not very comfortable with computers. The built in card reader does work fine under Linux so I would expect it to work fine. I've read the data from a Respironics on the same laptop under Linux.

All the charts and so forth formatted correctly using the demo files provided with Rescan.
I currently have ResScan 4.2, and am looking for ResScan 4.3. I see that's the current version on the official ResMed web site, so I'm wondering if there's a source for it for us lowly cpap users yet?

Thanks.
Subscribed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 88 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.