Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Hello, I am new here and this board is great and very informative. My question is that the office I sent my card to after being on my machine for 30 day call and said there was 0 information on the card. I do download to rescan every couple days. When I download to my computer I know the download is working ok, but why am I loosing the data from the card? Thanks
Hello
Thank you very much for the programe
but i have sent the email like you said but i didn't get anything back
can you please help
Thank you again
(09-23-2013, 10:21 AM)tieman Wrote: Hello, I am new here and this board is great and very informative. My question is that the office I sent my card to after being on my machine for 30 day call and said there was 0 information on the card. I do download to rescan every couple days. When I download to my computer I know the download is working ok, but why am I loosing the data from the card? Thanks

Well, could be card was damaged in the mail, or could be user error on their part.

If you have the card back from them, does the machine accept the card, and does ResScan read the card normally?

By the way, when downloading data into ResScan, always choose "Discard" rather than "Overwrite". This way earlier data already downloaded into ResScan will never get overwritten.

You could reformat the SD card in your computer or try a new 1 Gigabyte or 2 Gigabyte SD card. (I bought cards at Walmart, 2 for around $11 it think.) When new card is inserted in the machine, let the machine reformat it again if the machine offers to do so. Machine should write all statistical data (like compliance data for the past year or so) on the new card.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(09-22-2013, 04:35 PM)blebs Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 03:22 PM)lakeside7 Wrote: I downloaded Rescan (file size 120MB). When I start software I get the following error msg: "Pure virtual function called". Any clue as to what's wrong?
Thanks,
lakeside7

Hello and welcome to the board. Please see post #443 above.
------------------------------------
I tried deleting, rebooting, and re-downloading several times. I still get the same error message.
Lakeside7
(09-23-2013, 08:16 PM)lakeside7 Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 03:22 PM)lakeside7 Wrote: I downloaded Rescan (file size 120MB). When I start software I get the following error msg: "Pure virtual function called". Any clue as to what's wrong?
Thanks,
lakeside7

I tried deleting, rebooting, and re-downloading several times. I still get the same error message.
Lakeside7

what OS are you using?

are you checking the 3 drivers? if you are, that could be your problem?

INSTALLATION WARNING:
During the installation, it will ask you if you wish to install the 3 ResScan proprietary drivers. DO NOT INSTALL THE DRIVERS! If you do, ResScan WILL NOT WORK and all future installs of ResScan will not work.
Re error msg. I am using Windows XP, have not checked to install any of the drivers, have re-installed several times and still get the same error message.
Lakeside7
Thanks,
lakeside7

Lakeside7

(09-23-2013, 08:34 PM)me50 Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 04:35 PM)blebs Wrote: Hello and welcome to the board. Please see post #443 above.
Lakeside7

what OS are you using?

are you checking the 3 drivers? if you are, that could be your problem?

INSTALLATION WARNING:
During the installation, it will ask you if you wish to install the 3 ResScan proprietary drivers. DO NOT INSTALL THE DRIVERS! If you do, ResScan WILL NOT WORK and all future installs of ResScan will not work.

(09-25-2013, 02:22 PM)lakeside7 Wrote: Re error msg. I am using Windows XP, have not checked to install any of the drivers, have re-installed several times and still get the same error message.
Lakeside7

Do you have all of your Windows Critical Updates installed? What about antivirus software? Norton is known to cause problems at times.
Just installed the software. Very interesting. I saw my doctor today and she's only seen the "summary report" and knew nothing of the detailed charts. I was very surprised by this. This was further reinforcement that people need to take responsibility for understanding their own data - not just leave it up to the "experts."

Thank you for the links!
(09-30-2013, 09:19 PM)sleepy7 Wrote: Just installed the software. Very interesting. I saw my doctor today and she's only seen the "summary report" and knew nothing of the detailed charts. I was very surprised by this. This was further reinforcement that people need to take responsibility for understanding their own data - not just leave it up to the "experts."

Thank you for the links!

Some, but not all, are only interested in summary and compliance reports. Does seem strange that yours didn't know about the detailed summaries.
Does the downloading of data from the SD card wipe the card?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.