Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
(10-20-2013, 08:30 PM)me50 Wrote: So, if you have an auto set from 12 to 20 and 95% it is 19.9, what is this telling me? I want to make sure I understand

Maybe it is telling you that you need to stay off your back while sleeping. Bigwink
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Question 
Hello all ReScan users,

I'm quite new here : new apnea diagnosed, new S9 user, new in the forum (thanks to all people here BTW), and I just installed ReScan.

I'll probably have many questions (I hope my English will be good enough to formulate it !), but there is one that does urge. I live in France, were we have a bureaucratic system (typically french Wink ) with a "management firm" between the patient and his physician. They are the only ones supposed to manage the machine - and as a patient I'm certainly not supposed to read the SD Card ! But I'd like to - why couldn't I get a maximum of informations about my health ?

My question is : If I take the SD Card (there is one in) out of the S9 and insert it in a SD reader on my PC for reading it with ReScan, will it change anything on the SDCard (such as writing the Data as "Red", or even worse erase it !). Even bureaucratic, the "system" makes the treatment entirely free (they just brought the machine at home, and come back to manage it, still for free, everytime I phone), and I wouldn't like to be ejected out of it ! It's very sensitive (for instance, the Health Board obliges the intermediary firm to install a kind of "Spy" that connects everyday to the cellular network and let them know how many hours I used it. If you don't reach an average 3 hours a day and 19 days a month, they just take the machine back).
Hi Rouletabille, welcome to the forum
The answer to your question: No. ResScan does not change/erase/write anything. ResScan only read whats on the card providing there is data on the card to be read. S9 Escape does not tell you a thing beside how many hours using the machine. S9 AutoSet and Elite are data capable machines, check "Sleep Quality" set to "ON" (not usage, otherwise it become just like an Escape machine)
(10-31-2013, 05:49 AM)zonk Wrote: The answer to your question: No. ResScan does not change/erase/write anything. ResScan only read whats on the card providing there is data on the card to be read. S9 Escape does not tell you a thing beside how many hours using the machine. S9 AutoSet and Elite are data capable machines, check "Sleep Quality" set to "ON" (not usage, otherwise it become just like an Escape machine)

Thank you zonk for your welcome, and for answering me so quickly ! My S9 is the 'Autoset', so if I read you correctly it's specialy interesting to analyse the datas with ReScan...

Just a side question of my first one before going straight to the action : ReScan does not change anything to the SDCard, that's fine ! But doesn't taking the SDCard out and then in the S9 change anything either (like re-initialising the data, format the SDcard if you don't push in time this particular button I didn't see, or whatever) ?

(10-31-2013, 09:04 AM)Rouletabille Wrote: Just a side question of my first one before going straight to the action : ReScan does not change anything to the SDCard, that's fine ! But doesn't taking the SDCard out and then in the S9 change anything either (like re-initialising the data, format the SDcard if you don't push in time this particular button I didn't see, or whatever) ?

Hi Rouletabille, welcome to the forum!

Important to turn off machine (by holding down power on/off button for 5 seconds) at least 10 or 15 seconds before removing SD card. Not necessary to unplug machine even though I think user guide recommends unplugging power. If you do unplug machine make sure it has been turned off for at least 10 or 15 seconds before pulling plug, and after unplugging wait 5 or 10 seconds for all power to be used up in the machine before removing SD card.

Don't be afraid to remove card and read data.

Before removing SD card from computer or card reader, be sure to first tell computer to Eject the SD card and then wait 5 or 10 seconds for computer to say the removable drive is ready for removal. Then you can safely remove card from card reader.

When you put card back in machine check that the tiny write protect tab is not in the protect/locked position, and put card in straight, so that the write protect tab stays in Unlocked position.

If something goes wrong and ResMed machine says card bad and offers to reformat the card, you can say yes and let card reformat the card, and the machine will automatically re-write onto the reformatted (or new) card all the compliance data for the past 365 days needed by the medical provider. The machine will also automatically write onto a reformatted (or new) card statistical and summary data, everything except "detailed" data for most recent 7 days.

The card never holds more than 7 days of detailed data (for waveform plots). If a reformatted card (or an empty new card) is put in the machine, after 7 days it will have full 7 days of detailed data, too, and will be just as full of data as it would have been if the card had never been reformatted or replaced: no data will be "missing" from the SD card.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(10-31-2013, 01:02 PM)vsheline Wrote: Important to turn off machine (by holding down power on/off button for 5 seconds) at least 10 or 15 seconds before removing SD card. Not necessary to unplug machine even though I think user guide recommends unplugging power. If you do unplug machine make sure it has been turned off for at least 10 or 15 seconds before pulling plug, and after unplugging wait 5 or 10 seconds for all power to be used up in the machine before removing SD card.

Thanks, Vaughn. OK… Doing so won’t erase settings (and specialy clinician settings) ?

(10-31-2013, 01:02 PM)vsheline Wrote: If something goes wrong and ResMed machine says card bad and offers to reformat the card, you can say yes and let card reformat the card, and the machine will automatically re-write onto the reformatted (or new) card all the compliance data for the past 365 days needed by the medical provider. The machine will also automatically write onto a reformatted (or new) card statistical and summary data, everything except "detailed" data for most recent 7 days.
The card never holds more than 7 days of detailed data (for waveform plots). If a reformatted card (or an empty new card) is put in the machine, after 7 days it will have full 7 days of detailed data, too, and will be just as full of data as it would have been if the card had never been reformatted or replaced: no data will be "missing" from the SD card.

You mean that the ResMed machine has an internal memory that can ‘refresh’ the SD Card, but on the other hand that detailed data are only written on the SD Card ? Did I understand you correctly ?

S9 stores compliance and therapy data up to 365 days
Detailed data written directly on the SD card (not stored in the machine internal memory) so ensure SD card inserted in the machine while using it otherwise detailed is lost and not recoverable.
S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)
7 days of high resolution flow data
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Also, for the ResScan Report Interpretation Guide, (in PDF form; 7.2 Megabytes), click here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

ResScan video tutorial by DreamDiver
http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

Many thanks, Zonk & vsheline, everything seems clear now.
(10-31-2013, 02:11 PM)Rouletabille Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 01:02 PM)vsheline Wrote: Important to turn off machine (by holding down power on/off button for 5 seconds) at least 10 or 15 seconds before removing SD card. Not necessary to unplug machine even though I think user guide recommends unplugging power. If you do unplug machine make sure it has been turned off for at least 10 or 15 seconds before pulling plug, and after unplugging wait 5 or 10 seconds for all power to be used up in the machine before removing SD card.

Thanks, Vaughn. OK… Doing so won’t erase settings (and specialy clinician settings) ?

Right.

(10-31-2013, 02:11 PM)Rouletabille Wrote:
(10-31-2013, 01:02 PM)vsheline Wrote:

You mean that the ResMed machine has an internal memory that can ‘refresh’ the SD Card, but on the other hand that detailed data are only written on the SD Card ? Did I understand you correctly ?

Yes, except Zonk is correct: up to 30 days of detailed data is stored on the card, so it would take 30 days for a new or reformatted card to become "full" and indistinguishable from a card which had never been reformatted or replaced. This would only be a potential issue if the card needed to be reformatted or replaced, which is, of course, unlikely. After I became very careful to turn off machine and wait 10 to 15 seconds before removing the card and became very careful to tell the computer to "Eject" the card before I remove the card from the computer, I haven't needed to reformat my card.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
(10-31-2013, 05:49 AM)zonk Wrote: The answer to your question: No. ResScan does not change/erase/write anything. ResScan only read whats on the card providing there is data on the card to be read.

That's true. But your computer's operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux, or whatever) may.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.