Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
I am fairly new to this board. I have a ResMed S8 Elite and just bought some ResMed data cards and the Data Card reader. The software installs okay and when I put a new card into the S8 Elite the messages indicate it copied the data. However when I put it into the Data Card Reader, the software says there is nothing attached to download from. If I go to Device Settings, it will however let me select "blank card" and then select S8 Elite and then shows that it has connected. It appears the software will then let me write new default settings from the ResScan software onto the card.

I am assuming that if I then put that card back into my ResMed S8 Elite it might overwrite the settings that were programmed a long time ago after my sleep study -- so I haven't done that.

Is there some step I am missing in getting data off an S8 Elite to a data card and then from a data card into the ResScan software to read, not reprogram, what is inside the ResMed S8 Elite?

Thanks.
(04-09-2014, 08:53 PM)BuySellHigher Wrote: I am fairly new to this board. I have a ResMed S8 Elite and just bought some ResMed data cards and the Data Card reader. The software installs okay and when I put a new card into the S8 Elite the messages indicate it copied the data. However when I put it into the Data Card Reader, the software says there is nothing attached to download from. If I go to Device Settings, it will however let me select "blank card" and then select S8 Elite and then shows that it has connected. It appears the software will then let me write new default settings from the ResScan software onto the card.

I am assuming that if I then put that card back into my ResMed S8 Elite it might overwrite the settings that were programmed a long time ago after my sleep study -- so I haven't done that.

Is there some step I am missing in getting data off an S8 Elite to a data card and then from a data card into the ResScan software to read, not reprogram, what is inside the ResMed S8 Elite?

Hi BuySellHigher,

Welcome to the forum!

To see (and write down for future reference) what present settings your S8 Elite is using, you can get the Clinician Guide (manual) for your machine. (See "Important Threads" section.) The manual should show how to see (and, if desired, change) the settings.

I suppose you are putting the card into the reader the correct way, up side down. (The copper circuit traces are upward when inserting card into the reader, which is up side down relative to when inserting the card into the S8 unit.)

In ResScan settings menu, instead of using ResScan to program new device settings, try selecting the soft key in lower left of screen, for ResScan to Erase Data from the card, to see if it is able to do that. If it is, then put the blank (erased) card into the S8 machine and let it copy the machine's data into the card again. Then see if ResScan can read the data from the card.

If the machine ever asks whether it is allowed to reformat the card, say yes.

Good luck, and take care.

--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Thanks for facilitating the download of ResMed software. 12 days ago I started using my new S9. I can now see what is going on before having my provider getting involved. It will take a bit to get used to all the data and graphics and creating my own templates.

After using this for awhile I might need to get forum members' feedback, but I am in learn mode at this time.
Welcome to Apnea Board, LoudBreather. Hope you're able to look at the data and take a more active role in your own therapy!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

When trying to create a new patient, I get the error that it can't save the data and then below that it says:

Please contact your system administrator in regards to patient file access privileges.

Even if I open an example file and then download the new data, I still can't save the new downloaded data to the example file. Is there a locked file system that I have to modify for access?
(04-21-2014, 01:31 PM)hansoncarla Wrote: When trying to create a new patient, I get the error that it can't save the data and then below that it says:

Please contact your system administrator in regards to patient file access privileges.

Even if I open an example file and then download the new data, I still can't save the new downloaded data to the example file. Is there a locked file system that I have to modify for access?

Never Mind, I found that I needed to run the program as Administrator so that the files could be created in the restricted directories.

Thanks,

Carl,
I downloaded the software, checked file size, installed, and it won't launch. I keep getting a "pure virtual function called" error. Reinstalled, repaired, and ran as administrator and still no luck. has anyone else experienced and found a fix for this problem?

Hi Shy Di, welcome aboard
You might want try download SleepyHead
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Whats the model of your S9? model name printed next to on/off button
(04-21-2014, 03:55 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi Shy Di, welcome aboard
You might want try download SleepyHead

Whats the model of your S9? model name printed next to on/off button

It only reads VPAP auto. I downloaded SleepyHead, but have the entire ReScan interpretation guide and clinician manual and would like to understand all of the statistics.
Thanks for the software. I just had my first night on the S9 Autoset and it's a noisy gnat, after being on the F&P Icon Auto for a few weeks, but I'm sure I can work out how to silence it. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.