Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Hello, I've recently been sentenced to use a CPAP and I'm interested in the ResScan softare.

I say recently been sentenced because I'm a CDL who didn't have a problem, until I fit into the statistical range for requiring a sleep test. The doctor, having no financial incentive to let me go, determined I have a mild case that requires treatment. Now, in order to maintain my DOT status I have to be compliant...
(07-09-2014, 04:55 AM)Dana Wrote: Hello, I've recently been sentenced to use a CPAP and I'm interested in the ResScan softare.

I say recently been sentenced because I'm a CDL who didn't have a problem, until I fit into the statistical range for requiring a sleep test. The doctor, having no financial incentive to let me go, determined I have a mild case that requires treatment. Now, in order to maintain my DOT status I have to be compliant...
welcome to the forum, Dana
you can download the software from here
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
here is how you can identify the model of the S9
all models report compliance, autoset and elite report some useful data, such as ahi, leak, etc, ... good mask fit is important for effective therapy

first step, take some time to watch the setup video and read the clinical manual, so you know what you need to about your machine
s9 setup pictures and video http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
you can ask for the manual via email (section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
i think consider yourself lucky that you have been diagnosed now and not years later when apnea become more severe as time goes by, untreated apnea can lead to to all sort of health complication including heart attack and stroke

if you need convincing, this might
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._%28SDB%29

best of luck on your journey

(07-09-2014, 04:55 AM)Dana Wrote: Hello, I've recently been sentenced to use a CPAP and I'm interested in the ResScan softare.

I've heard that these government regulations are becoming more common. So I take it your sleep study results indicate you have mild sleep apnea and you want to check the machine's data for yourself?

Let us know if we can help.

Maybe you need the machine and maybe you don't. There's only one way to tell for sure.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
hello all,

new user here, been on s9 autoset for almost a month( inclusive of 2 weeks trial), just noticed that after taking the mask off and pressed i for information screen on the machine, the AHI value shown one value while detailed data retrieved from SDcard on ResScan4.3 shown different AHI value, i.e. machine(0.6) while ResScan(0.2). Which value is correct? or issomething wrong with the machine?

thanks
(07-09-2014, 11:21 PM)ksbkk Wrote: i.e. machine(0.6) while ResScan(0.2). Which value is correct? or issomething wrong with the machine?

Hello and welcome. The machine shows last night's average AHI while ResScan shows not only that but the average AHI over a number of nights.

But the ResScan AHI for last night should match the AHI shown on the machine.

If it isn't I don't know why.

Regardless, an AHI of 0.6 or 0.2 is awesome.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
hey guys, i successfully installed 4.3 on my mac using parallels and have one question. When in the download screen under "select data type to download", i select "all summary data and" and then i select "all" from the drop down menu. Under that, there is a box that you can check for "include equivalent number of high rate data sessions (if available)". Do i check that box or no? i checked it and hit download, but it was taking so long i cancelled it several times. Haven't completed a d/l yet...
(07-17-2014, 07:08 PM)vig1116 Wrote: hey guys, i successfully installed 4.3 on my mac using parallels and have one question. When in the download screen under "select data type to download", i select "all summary data and" and then i select "all" from the drop down menu. Under that, there is a box that you can check for "include equivalent number of high rate data sessions (if available)". Do i check that box or no? i checked it and hit download, but it was taking so long i cancelled it several times. Haven't completed a d/l yet...

Set it to "All available data" and save that to be the default.
Command the download.
In the box for Overwrite or discard, select discard (may not see this the first time).
When you close the program, select "yes" to save the data--saves it into your computer.

Doing it ^^ this way, you will avoid overwriting data previously saved (I have done this), when it contained the Flow data, with data files LACKING THE FLOW DATA the CPAP has erased from the the card for older days. The card will only retain flow data for the last week (I am told), so you want to keep the files in your computer pure.

(07-17-2014, 07:43 PM)jcarerra Wrote:
(07-17-2014, 07:08 PM)vig1116 Wrote: hey guys, i successfully installed 4.3 on my mac using parallels and have one question. When in the download screen under "select data type to download", i select "all summary data and" and then i select "all" from the drop down menu. Under that, there is a box that you can check for "include equivalent number of high rate data sessions (if available)". Do i check that box or no? i checked it and hit download, but it was taking so long i cancelled it several times. Haven't completed a d/l yet...

Set it to "All available data" and save that to be the default.
Command the download.
In the box for Overwrite or discard, select discard (may not see this the first time).
When you close the program, select "yes" to save the data--saves it into your computer.

Doing it ^^ this way, you will avoid overwriting data previously saved (I have done this), when it contained the Flow data, with data files LACKING THE FLOW DATA the CPAP has erased from the the card for older days. The card will only retain flow data for the last week (I am told), so you want to keep the files in your computer pure.

I'll try it tomorrow after i get more logs. I accidentally erased the sd card by not switching the lock slider on the card. I hope i never do that again. For about a half hour i was scared to death i erased all the settings for the unit itself!! Oh-jeez Thanks!!

Hi vig1116, welcome to the forum!

I use ResScan on Parallels on my Mac Mini, and I always check the little box to "include equivalent number of high rate data sessions (if available)". No reason not to do so, as far as I know.

On my machine, maybe 1 time in 10 tries, ResScan will fail to download the data. If that happens ResScan will time out and give up after several (3?) minutes. If that happens, I close the Download Window and then click on Download button again, to open a new Download Window and try again, which usually works to get the download working.

I use an external (USB) card reader. The thing I discovered which seems important on my computer is for me to follow this sequence:

1. Start up parallels and select the Virtual Machine I want to start.
2. Either fairly soon after starting the Virtual Machine or much later, after the VM has completely booted up, plug in my USB card reader and tell Parallels to associate the card reader with my VM. (If I plug in the machine too close to when the VM will be changing into Coherent mode during bootup, sometimes Parallels will not notice that the card reader was plugged in.)
3. After Parallels has noticed the card reader exists, I wait for the Virtual Machine to finish booting up.
4. THEN I start up ResScan.
5. I select which Patient to open, and wait until all previously-downloaded sessions have been fetched and are listed on left-hand navigation window.
6. THEN I select Download, select the SD card, and verify all data has been selected, and start the download.
7. When ResScan finds previously downloaded data and wants to know whether to overwrite the previously downloaded data, I say to discard the new data. (No matter which option you choose, nothing is ever erased on the SD card.)

Good luck and take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
thanks vaughn! I will try this out again later on today. Overall I was pleased with my first night on the machine, not much sleep, but i was able to wear the pillows all night and not breathe thru my mouth at all. Big success for me I think. Makes me feel confident to be able to get used to this over time. My wife said i didn't snore once. I just have to get used to making sure no leaks. I slept on my side most of the night, that might have been the prob. Great forum and a lot of info from you guys!! thanks!

PS Is there anything else i should be aware of besides locking the sd card when i use resscan?? I don't want to screw anything else up like i did last night.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 90 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 430 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.