Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Some changes for clarity/completeness --the bold...

(07-17-2014, 07:43 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Open the patient file.
Select 'download data'
Press 'Select" by the Data line...
In the dialog, set it to "All summary data" and "all - most recent detailed data sessions," and check the box just below that
Save that to be the default.

Command the download.
In the box for Overwrite or discard, select discard (may not see this the first time).
When you close the program, select "yes" to save the data--saves it into your computer.

Doing it ^^ this way, you will avoid overwriting data previously saved (I have done this), when it contained the Flow data, with data files LACKING THE FLOW DATA the CPAP has erased from the the card for older days. The card will only retain flow data for the last week (I am told), so you want to keep the files in your computer pure.

thanks guys. I finally got it to work a few minutes ago. I tried this on 2 macs running parallels and windows 8, and on both comps when downloading the data from the sd card it would always get hung up on a % while downloading and then never go further. I realized today that the % changed on when it got hung up because i had another day of data on there. Well, i tried to select "2" from the drop down menu in settings because thats how many days of data i have on the sd card, and it worked perfectly. So, is that normal to not download all the data if "all" is selected when there is a limited amount of days on the card, or am i doing something wrong? (I only received my resumed s9 3 days ago thats why I only have 2 days of data)
I don't know if this is due to it being a Mac running a virtual machine (parallels) or not. I have never seen that--I always download all data each time, and it works. Maybe somebody else can have ideas. At least you found a way that works.

Do remember that the SD card/CPAP will start erasing the FLOW data off the card for "old" days--so if you want to keep that, it has to be in the computer-stored data in the program (and not accidentally overwritten during a download)--or kept in copies of the SD card files that do not get overwritten with days where flow has been deleted.
Yes, I learned the hard way. Smile lol All I have to do is put the lock on the sd card when I use the program though, right?? Otherwise, how do I do it the way you're saying?
(07-19-2014, 06:56 AM)vig1116 Wrote: thanks guys. I finally got it to work a few minutes ago. I tried this on 2 macs running parallels and windows 8, and on both comps when downloading the data from the sd card it would always get hung up on a % while downloading and then never go further. I realized today that the % changed on when it got hung up because i had another day of data on there. Well, i tried to select "2" from the drop down menu in settings because thats how many days of data i have on the sd card, and it worked perfectly. So, is that normal to not download all the data if "all" is selected when there is a limited amount of days on the card, or am i doing something wrong? (I only received my resumed s9 3 days ago thats why I only have 2 days of data)

Hi vig1116,

My guess is your SD card has a corrupted extra day (session) on it which causes ResScan to freeze up during downloads if you try to download more than how many sessions of uncorrupted data the card holds.

If the extra session holding bad data is only on the SD card, not on the CPAP machine, reformatting the SD card on your computer should wipe out the bad day, or simply buy and try a new SD card (a 1 GB or 2 GB capacity full-size standard SD card would be best). When you plug in or power up the CPAP machine with the new or erased SD card in it, the machine may ask if you want to reformat the new SD card, in which case say Yes.

If an erased or new SD Card is used in the CPAP machine, and ResScan still freezes up when you ask it to download more than the number of sessions which you have used the machine, then I think the bad session which causes ResScan to freeze up is stored in the CPAP machine itself and was written back onto the erased or new card by the machine.

If the bad day is in the machine, I would use the machine's Clinician's Menu to Erase All Data in the machine. (But I would not also set the machine to factory defaults or I would need to re-enter all therapy settings using the machine's Clinician's Menu.) Erasing All Data in the machine would permanently erase all data (but not settings) in the machine, so someone would NOT want to do that after using the machine more than a few days or a week or two at most, or it could prevent the patient from being able to prove "compliance" (that we have used our new machine at least 4 hrs per night, for at least 70% of nights in any 30-day period within the first 90 days, or whatever are the "compliance" requirements our insurance company has before it will pay for the machine).

Or, instead of erasing or changing anything, when downloading you could just keep selecting not more than the number of days which you have used the machine. That does seem the simplest and the safest.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(07-19-2014, 11:55 AM)vig1116 Wrote: Yes, I learned the hard way. Smile lol All I have to do is put the lock on the sd card when I use the program though, right?? Otherwise, how do I do it the way you're saying?

No, that will not do it. It protects the card from being changed while it is in your computer, but when it is in the CPAP, THAT machine erases the flow data for "old" days off the SD.

The procedure I gave before ensures that the data in the Resscan program, which DOES have the flow data (assuming you download the card at least once a week), is not overwritten with data from the SD that (now) is missing FLOW data--after having been deleted by the CPAP.

It is the "Select "DISCARD" step that does this--that is telling Resscan to NOT download any days that are already in the program database.

I think i understand you now jcarerra. Thanks!!

Yes vaughn, i thought that too. I think i am going to leave it as is until my compliance is taken care of. I don't mind having to just select what i need for the time being. I don't want to screw anything up Smile

Learning a lot form you guys in a very short time, THANKS!!
I have tried to download ResScan CPAP reporting Software, but I get an 'Error reading Set up files' message .
I am using a Windows XP pc, with pleanty of spare memory...
Any Ideas ?
(07-21-2014, 03:41 AM)Dave B Wrote: I have tried to download ResScan CPAP reporting Software, but I get an 'Error reading Set up files' message .
Any Ideas ?

Sorry Guys and Gals,

Please ignore this message .. now got it to download ok ... looks like i was trying to get file at 'busy' times and not enogh MB's were downloaded

Great site

Dave B Thanks
(07-21-2014, 03:54 AM)Dave B Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 03:41 AM)Dave B Wrote: I have tried to download ResScan CPAP reporting Software, but I get an 'Error reading Set up files' message .
Any Ideas ?

Sorry Guys and Gals,

Please ignore this message .. now got it to download ok ... looks like i was trying to get file at 'busy' times and not enogh MB's were downloaded

Great site

Dave B Thanks
Welcome to the forum, Dave B
Glad it works for you, downloading during busy times is common problem

Which S9 do you have? here how to identify the exact model
[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]

btw, profile shows "CPAP Pressure: 3", the lowest pressure is 4
3 might be EPR setting or humidifier setting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.