Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Hi, I see that version 4.5 is now available but 4.3 is set for download from the email method. Any idea when the download for 4.5 would be available please?
(08-02-2014, 11:48 PM)jeffparker Wrote: Hi, I see that version 4.5 is now available but 4.3 is set for download from the email method. Any idea when the download for 4.5 would be available please?

Version 4.3 is currently the highest version being distributed by ResMed.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(08-03-2014, 12:18 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(08-02-2014, 11:48 PM)jeffparker Wrote: Hi, I see that version 4.5 is now available but 4.3 is set for download from the email method. Any idea when the download for 4.5 would be available please?

Version 4.3 is currently the highest version being distributed by ResMed.

Let me clarify... Version 4.3 is the highest version being distributed in the U.S. currently. There is a version 4.5 that is being distributed in the United Kingdom currently and perhaps in Australia as well. We're in the processes of determining if that version change is an actual version upgrade or one that's simply geographically-specific. For instance, ResMed states, "Certain features and functions apply to specific ResMed flow generators and are based on regional availability." So I would advise against removing your old 4.3 version of ResScan until we can confirm that the new version will not remove region-specific functionality.
Stay tuned... hope to have more info very soon...

In any case, any new version (once confirmed) will be posted here.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

The install of version 4.3 will not work on my Windows 7 pc. It begins to install but I get a Windows Installer Error message before the first step is complete. I have no problems installing any other software and have not received this error before or since. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Advice?

(08-03-2014, 04:13 PM)Imsleepy Wrote: The install of version 4.3 will not work on my Windows 7 pc.

First thing I would do is remove all ResScan install files completely from your system. Then re-download the file. It's possible that the file got corrrupted during the download. This happens more often that you would think.

Try downloading a times that are less busy in your locality, like prior to 9 am in the morning or after 11 pm at night. ISP bottlenecks in the evening hours are the primary culprit when it comes to corrupted file downloads.

Or, you can wait a little bit until we confirm that version 4.5 is really "new", and if it is, you can download and try that version.

In any case, many Windows 7 users have successfully installed and used version 4.3 with no major issues.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.5)
~ NEW RESSCAN VERSION 4.5 NOW AVAILABLE ~

Okay, we've confirmed that 4.5 is the new version.

It is the one now being distributed. If you'd like a copy of the new ResScan version 4.5, please follow the directions in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Please note that the above link is a members-only area. You will need to register for a free Apnea Board forum account to access that link. Register for free HERE.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

ResScan 4.5 installed without any problems.
Apart from some slightly different graphics on the front page I can't initially see any differences except that it covers the S10 machines !!!!!!!
(08-03-2014, 11:16 PM)greg-g Wrote: ResScan 4.5 installed without any problems.
Apart from some slightly different graphics on the front page I can't initially see any differences except that it covers the S10 machines !!!!!!!
Hi greg-g
Where did you see the reference to the S10?

Easy to download, seem a bit slower than the 4.2 version
Its in the ResScan 4.5 configuration Files
C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\DeviceScan\Therapies\XML_Config
(08-04-2014, 02:34 AM)greg-g Wrote: Its in the ResScan 4.5 configuration Files
C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\DeviceScan\Therapies\XML_Config
Thanks, I was not paying attention

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 639 10 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 101 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 96 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,342 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 376 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.