Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16-SP1)
(04-29-2012, 10:07 AM)VonP Wrote: Could I ask a small question? I think that I've read somewhere (this forum?) that if you insert the SD-card into your PC's card reader in order to access the data with ResScan, the software will transfer the data to the PC and at the same time will delete it from the SD-card. Is this correct?

Since I just got an Sp Elite on trial from my doctor, I want to see the data here on my PC, but of course, next week the doctor wants to see how we did and so I will need to go to him with the machine and card - the card should still have the data of all week, of course.

Could anybody tell me if the data gets deleted or not, and if it does, if there is a way around it to prevent that?

Thank you in advance Smile

PS Once I get it all working I will donate to this board for the good cause Dancing

i don't know about resscan but i don't think it deletes itself. i'm sure you can do it manually. to be double sure, if your machine wrote to your card, the lock on the side of the card is in the unlocked position. before you put it in the pc card reader move it to the locked position to be sure nothing changes on it. be sure to unlock it before putting it back in the cpap.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
(04-29-2012, 10:07 AM)VonP Wrote: Could I ask a small question? I think that I've read somewhere (this forum?) that if you insert the SD-card into your PC's card reader in order to access the data with ResScan, the software will transfer the data to the PC and at the same time will delete it from the SD-card. Is this correct?

No, that is not correct. It will NOT delete the data on the SD card. I do the same thing almost every day.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
There was a previous post about the SmartCard reader for S8 machines. The reader isn't proprietary, and you can buy one from someone other than ResMed. I bought mine from [commerical link removed per Apnea Board rules] You will have to copy and paste since it wouldn't let me add a clickable link. The picture (which is the housing) is a little different from mine. However, it should read the S8 cards fine.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Hi, just loaded the ResMed software ResScan. Very straightforward and loaded my data from the SD card. Readings were ok but is there anything wrong with my AHI reading of 0.2? Seems too good to be true.

As previously mentioned, I adapted to the APAP very well from day one.
(05-02-2012, 10:17 AM)Slimdoll23 Wrote: Hi, just loaded the ResMed software ResScan. Very straightforward and loaded my data from the SD card. Readings were ok but is there anything wrong with my AHI reading of 0.2? Seems too good to be true.

Congrats, numbers excellent as long as leak isn't too high, it could vary one night to the next.
How you feel and getting a good night sleep is important too.

(05-02-2012, 02:41 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-02-2012, 10:17 AM)Slimdoll23 Wrote: Hi, just loaded the ResMed software ResScan. Very straightforward and loaded my data from the SD card. Readings were ok but is there anything wrong with my AHI reading of 0.2? Seems too good to be true.

Congrats, numbers excellent as long as leak isn't too high, it could vary one night to the next.
How you feel and getting a good night sleep is important too.

Thanks zonk. It's the average reading over a month. I feel fresh every morning and I really enjoy going to sleep every night. What would be an acceptable leakage reading?
(05-02-2012, 06:52 PM)Slimdoll23 Wrote: What would be an acceptable leakage reading?
According to ResMed (as the S9 work out unintentional leak) leak below 24 L/min is acceptable and wont compromise the therapy but really any leak even a small leak if it disturb your sleep is no good have to be fixed .

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16)
(03-22-2012, 09:16 PM)svwilbur Wrote: There does not appear to be any other version available from ResMed just the 3.16 one.

(04-19-2012, 06:14 PM)bilwakka Wrote:
(03-22-2012, 06:51 PM)svwilbur Wrote: The drivers to uninstall in my case are:
ACR38....
ResMEd USB Adapter
ResMed Ventalator Installer
Rescan
Windows Driver Package - ACS (A38CCID) SmartCardReader
Windows Driver Package - ACS (ACR122U) SmartCardReader
Windows Driver Package - ACS (ACSSCR) SmartCardReader

I know this as I installed them today and in Uninstall or change a program you can list by install date and they all show up as installed today.

SVWILBUR
I am having the exact same problem as you.
See thread "ResScan 3.16 not working for me".
I have reached the same stage as you in identifying the drivers but am stumped on how to locate and delete them.
Have you reached any solution in resolving the matter?

Cheers

bilwakka

Hi All

Thanks for this great site Please excuse me if I make a faux pas but this is my first post on any site. For some reason I am unable to download the ReScan software. It just sits at 0% and creates a partial download file of 170K. I have disable firewall and virus checker. Any ideas?

Cheers and Thanks
(05-04-2012, 06:39 AM)Paulferg Wrote: Hi All

Thanks for this great site Please excuse me if I make a faux pas but this is my first post on any site. For some reason I am unable to download the ReScan software. It just sits at 0% and creates a partial download file of 170K. I have disable firewall and virus checker. Any ideas?

Cheers and Thanks

Hi Paulferg - welcome to Apnea Board!

Try downloading the file at a later time. Sites sometimes go up and down. Also, it's best to download during non-busy times in your local area. Try to download after 11 pm at night and before 7 am in the morning when there's less local network traffic in your area.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.