Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
Does anyone know if you need to uninstall the previous version and if so, do you lose all your data?
(10-07-2014, 04:09 AM)btwebs Wrote: Does anyone know if you need to uninstall the previous version and if so, do you lose all your data?
No need to uninstall, the new version replace the previous version and you do not loose any data

Thanks Zonk! Appreciate your reply to my post.
There IS a clinician's manual to interpreting output from the ResScan software that is wonderful, as is the clinician's manual for the ResScan software itself. It is a thick reading piece though and I think I am going to have to go through it several times to get it wrapped around my head.... not bad for a guy who started off in pure physics..... OH, the things that aging does to our neurons.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

(10-08-2014, 11:29 AM)TorontoCPAPguy Wrote: There IS a clinician's manual to interpreting output from the ResScan software that is wonderful, as is the clinician's manual for the ResScan software itself. It is a thick reading piece though and I think I am going to have to go through it several times to get it wrapped around my head.... not bad for a guy who started off in pure physics..... OH, the things that aging does to our neurons.

A lead to locate this would be wonderful to have.

(10-08-2014, 11:50 AM)jcarerra Wrote: A lead to locate this would be wonderful to have.

Here's the ResScan Interpretation Guide:

http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

It's a large 84 page PDF Interpretation Guide geared towards clinicians.

Here's a ResScan Basics video that may be of help (scroll to the last video on the bottom of this page):

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

Also, here's an older video on how to get around in ResScan 3.12:

http://www.apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

ResScan 5.1 clinician manual (post #1)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

ResScan 3.12 tutorial video by DreamDiver, all the basic stuff is the same
http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

S9 data management guide http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

Great!!
Hello,
I just joined, and have been using CPAP for about 5 years with great results. I want to download and use the ResMed software for my personal use. The question I have is that if I download my data, will it zero out the saved data on my card? The reason is I have to have my card read once a year by the local clinic for my insurance compliance.

Your interest is appreciated, NT
(10-09-2014, 03:42 AM)NiteTrain Wrote: Hello,
I just joined, and have been using CPAP for about 5 years with great results. I want to download and use the ResMed software for my personal use. The question I have is that if I download my data, will it zero out the saved data on my card? The reason is I have to have my card read once a year by the local clinic for my insurance compliance.

Your interest is appreciated, NT
Welcome to the forum, NiteTrain
Downloading the data have no effect, every time you in insert the card in the S9, the S9 write summary and compliance data up to 365 days on the card. Detailed data written directly on the card, not stored on the machine, the card store up to 30 days of detailed data and 7 flow data
Remember to download at least once a week and ensure the card inserted in the machine while using it so you do not loose any detailed data

I usually lock the card before inserting in the computer reader slot and unlock before put back in the machine. Also choose select "all available data' in the download menu and choose "discard' in lieu of "overwrite"

When done, remember to click on "save" the data before closing the program

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 87 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,334 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 427 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.