Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
Brick 
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
Another newbie checkin' in to say thank you for the ResScan hookup.

Download to installation took under 10 minutes. :grin:

Used it this morning for the first time and am impressed on how quick it is compared to the version 3.1 that I had been using on my old laptop. Not sure if it's that 5.1 is any faster, or my new laptop is the reason, but either way I'm happy. Grin

A big Thanks for all your help! Thumbs-up-2
Hello I downloaded the rescan software but my windows 7 wont open the file to install can someone tell what they opened the file with?Thanks
I installed the ResScan 5.1 software on a Windows 8.1 laptop with no errors. I can read the ResMed SD card with windows explorer, so I know there is data on my SD card. I followed the instructions to select all data, but no data gets loaded from the SD card. In the notes section of the tool, it says error during down load.

Is anyone else that is using windows 8.1 have the same issue?
I found my problem. I forgot to lock my SD card (Make it Read Only) before I put it into the laptop card reader, and windows 8.1 was writing some hidden files on the SD Card. Luckily the S9 removed the hidden files when I inserted back into the machine.
(10-16-2014, 12:57 PM)orders802@aol.com Wrote: I found my problem. I forgot to lock my SD card (Make it Read Only) before I put it into the laptop card reader, and windows 8.1 was writing some hidden files on the SD Card. Luckily the S9 removed the hidden files when I inserted back into the machine.
There are at least a couple of threads here discussing this issue.

Do a search for [system volume information] and enter my username in the Search by Username block.

Angry 
[attachment=1065]Installed the 5.1 ResScan on my laptop, popped my ResMed SD Card into the slot, started the software, tried to download data without a patient (read only) or create a new patient.

I got the same error message: (see attached JPG file)
"Access Denied, Unable to save and/or access patient data. Please contact your system administrator in regard to patient file access privileges."

After an "OK" to the error message, I am back at the startup choices.

I did take my SD card to my CPAP supplier and they read the SD card fine, and printed a 2-page summary of data for me.

How do I "...contact my system administrator to get patient file access privileges..."?
[attachment=1066]
Try creating a patient file for yourself first.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(10-20-2014, 10:43 AM)PaytonA Wrote: Try creating a patient file for yourself first.
Yes, tried that first, same error message.

Frustrating because with two earlier CPAP machines, different manufacturers, their software was public-access and downloaded data and printed reports great.

I suspect there is some sort of key or unlock file that physicians and sleep centers get, as legitimate users of this software.

(10-14-2014, 09:52 AM)Butcher Wrote: Hello I downloaded the rescan software but my windows 7 wont open the file to install can someone tell what they opened the file with?Thanks
Find the setup.exe file in the ResMed folder using Windows Explorer. Then double-click on that setup.exe file.
(10-20-2014, 10:59 AM)billdeboard Wrote: ...I suspect there is some sort of key or unlock file that physicians and sleep centers get, as legitimate users of this software.

No, that's not the case. Many of us have downloaded the sfw and installed it. But clearly something is a problem in your case.

I would suggest uninstalling it, reinstall, and as first action, create anew patient (you). Then, whenever you open the program, the first step before download is to open the patient.

A second hint...when you get this working and start doing downloads, you need to set the download dialog to get all data. I don't have the SD card IN right now, so can't give you the exact steps.

ALSO, when you start a download (of all data) you will get a screen to select either overwrite or discard duplicate data. ALWAYS select discard. The SD card only holds 7 days of flow data, so after seven days, if you overwrite, it writes ZERO flow data into the ResScan database for days > 7, and you lose your old flow data.

Finally, if you are using Windows 8.1, ALWAYS slide the write lock on the SD card to lock before inserting it into the computer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 94 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 434 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.