Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
I have a question about the detailed data graphs. The flow graph has no blue line only the solid red line. All the other graphs, have data: leak, flow limitation, minute ventilation, AHI, events, pressure, and snore index. I've learned a lot from the last months data, specifically the large leaks were apparently from my opening my mouth as since I've started wearing a chin strap they've disappeared. AHI is less than 0.5. Am I missing something without the flow data and if so how do I enable it?
Welcome to the forum, ebandman

Click on the icon (next to the serial number) at the top of the screen "show/hide graph information panel" to turn the graphing options panel on or off. From 5.1 ResScan manual, page #26: This panel has three tabs—Summary, Navigation and Detailed. It allows you to turn traces on or off, and to regulate the number of traces appearing on your screen. Click the checkboxes to display or hide a trace on the screen.

Here is video tutorial by "DreamDiver" for ResScan 3.12, all the basic stuff are the same http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

Flow is checked but there is no data trace there.
(11-03-2014, 01:42 AM)ebandman Wrote: Flow is checked but there is no data trace there.

The SD card will only hold up to 7 days worth of High Rate Data ("Flow" data), so if we don't download the data at least every 7 days there will be no Flow data for the days longer ago than 7 days ago.

When we download, we should always "Discard" data from the card for days which were previously downloaded. Don't "Overwrite".

When we "discard" data from the download, nothing is discarded from previously downloaded data, and nothing is erased from the card. No data is lost.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(11-03-2014, 01:42 AM)ebandman Wrote: Flow is checked but there is no data trace there.
What vsheline said, click on "Discard" during download
Once I clicked on "Overwrite" lost the flow graphs and showed a red line with no blue

You would not encounter such problem with SleepyHead, the download link is at the top of the page
I download daily and always click discard so thats not it. I have a graph labeled minute ventilation that has data,in Lmin just like the flow graph but with a different scale. How is the flow data useful? and what about minute ventilation?
(11-03-2014, 10:58 AM)ebandman Wrote: I download daily and always click discard so thats not it. I have a graph labeled minute ventilation that has data,in L/min just like the flow graph but with a different scale. How is the flow data useful? and what about minute ventilation?

Minute Vent is the average amount of air per breath (known as tidal Volume or Vt), times the average number of breaths per minute (known as Respiration Rate). It is a good overall measure of how much air we are breathing. I think it is a fairly short term average, perhaps averaged over the most recent 5 breaths or so.

The Flow data is the estimated rate of airflow into (positive) or out of (negative) our lungs/airway. It is equal to the measured rate of airflow in the machine minus the total leaks (total of the estimated intended leakage through the mask vent holes and the estimated unintended leakage everywhere else).

The "Flow" is useful to see how much are we are breathing. We can use it to double check whether an event was properly scored by the machine. For example, we can see whether an event which the machine scored as a Central Apnea was actually just the start or end of a moderately large leak.

We can also use the Flow data to see when Flow Limitation is occurring, which is when the Flow during inhalation (positve Flow) becomes restricted and the shape of the Flow becomes flattened during inhalation instead of having a smoothly rounded peak. A higher IPAP (pressure during inhalation) will tend to eliminate Flow Limitation and allow easier inhalation.

We can also use the Flow data to see how smooth and unobstructed is our exhalation (negative Flow), which shows us whether EPAP (the pressure during exhalation) is high enough to prevent obstructive events. If the Flow during exhalation is ratty (stop and go) and is not dropping smoothly to a single negative peak and then smoothly back to zero Flow at the end of exhalation, either there is obstruction from our airway intermittently closing off (or perhaps snoring?) or perhaps phlegm from a cold or flu is intermittently clogging our airway. I think some form of intermittent obstruction would be causing the multiple negative peaks during exhalation, and a higher EPAP may be helpful.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Thanks Vsheline thats helpful. Is there some setting in the clinical menu that might cause no flow data to be recorded? Everything else seems to be there on my detailed graphs.
I'm just throwing out things now as this is strange...

is it possible your scale is set so that the trace is hidden off scale high or low?
Scale is -250 l/Min to +250 l/min. All I see is a red line going across at 0.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 87 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 372 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 428 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.