Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
(12-07-2014, 03:19 PM)bob456 Wrote: I recently purchased a Resmed Airsense 10. The Cpap clinic where it was purchased has been willing at time of return visit, to show the data from their Software, which the printout shows as Resmed Airview, Therapy Report. The graphs seem a little more vivid and precise than the downloaded Resmed Rescan report.

Are these different software programs? Is there any way to get the Airview Therapy Report?

Hi bob456, welcome to the forum!

I haven't heard how the version of AirView which is used by medical professionals can be obtained, but it (like ResScan also) is intended for use by medical professionals and is not available for sale to CPAP users. These programs can be used to change the therapy settings, and if users were able to do THAT they might hurt themselves, and no company can afford to expose itself to possible liability for users harming themselves.

ResMed AirView is used for remote monitoring and control, over the cellular modem. The modem sends only the settings and statistical summaries of the data, not the actual detailed data which is stored by the machine only on the SD memory card.

ResScan and SleepyHead are more comprehensive than AirView. These read data from the SD card and display the settings and statistical summaries, but also display the detailed data (plots of pressure and Leak and Flow and much more, for every second all night).

The Detailed Data is needed to see when during the night the various events occur, the sequence of events, to clearly see what's really going on and to troubleshoot problems.

In my view, any doctor worth keeping should be using ResScan to view the Detailed Data from ResMed machines. Doctors using AirView to keep informed of patient progress remotely is also good, but often will be insufficient.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Ok. thanks for the thorough response. I have been using the Sleepyhead data for about a week, but mainly for the basic stuff.
I just happened to like the visual effects for simplicity. Indeed my doctor has encouraged me to have the full data, but he had not yet researched the availability for patient user on this machine.

I recently purchased a Resmed Airsense 10. The Cpap clinic where it was purchased has been willing at time of return visit, to show the data from their Software, which the printout shows as Resmed Airview, Therapy Report. The graphs seem a little more vivid and precise than the downloaded Resmed Rescan report.

ResScan and SleepyHead are more comprehensive than AirView. These read data from the SD card and display the settings and statistical summaries, but also display the detailed data (plots of pressure and Leak and Flow and much more, for every second all night).

The Detailed Data is needed to see when during the night the various events occur, the sequence of events, to clearly see what's really going on and to troubleshoot problems.

On the SleepyHead software (Open0.9.8-1 Testing GL), there is the overview page. Currently there is no data/graphs coming up. Would that mean that this is still a work in progress or is it something I have to change?
(12-08-2014, 08:12 PM)bob456 Wrote: On the SleepyHead software (Open0.9.8-1 Testing GL), there is the overview page. Currently there is no data/graphs coming up. Would that mean that this is still a work in progress or is it something I have to change?

Hi bob456,

Sorry - I don't know.

I suggest you copy your question and post it on the SleepyHead discussion thread located permanently at the very top of the forum:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...3#pid72963

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Bob456,
I quick answer to SleepyHead, Right-click on the graph area that is blank.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
SmileHave just down loaded and it seems great, but some things are not there. No graphs and instead of auto the setting seems to be at 9 in stead of variations. :thanks
Can I install version 5.1 over version 4.3.0.7081 and keep my data.
(12-15-2014, 05:18 PM)frankresmeds9 Wrote: Can I install version 5.1 over version 4.3.0.7081 and keep my data.

Mine installed over the old one fine, but you should make a temporary backup of
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\
(in Windows 8.1 ^^)

just in case.

In fact, you should be making backups of that all along the way all the time anyhow.

(12-15-2014, 11:33 AM)rini920 Wrote: SmileHave just down loaded and it seems great, but some things are not there. No graphs and instead of auto the setting seems to be at 9 in stead of variations. :thanks

When downloading, click on the Select Data button and a pop-up screen will appear which will allow you to select which types of data you want included in the download.

The following post has an attached file showing the pop-up screen and how to select all available data:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...7#pid91907
I just installed ResScan 5.1 (downloaded via the apneaboard link). When I try to run it I get the following pop-up error box:

(red X) PURE virtual function called

I click on OK and ResScan closes. Any suggestions (I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 634 3 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 91 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 90 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.