Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.2)
Welcome to Apnea Board! You will get a lot of great information on the site, with all of the very helpful people here. Best if you go to the main forum for that information. This is for ResScan only, so you will get limited response here, and only from those interested in ResScan And yes, it will work with Autoset 10.
(01-24-2015, 09:59 PM)Chamomile Wrote: What is sleepy Head? I have only used ResScan. Does sleepy Head work with the Autoset 10?

Go to this link. First thread is about Sleepyhead. Start there.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-M...oard-Forum

I just attempted to download and install resscan 5.2 using the links etc. I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit, and resmed 9s autoset. I do not have any of the adaptive devices that resmed asks about (the card reader or usb adapter etc). I use a generic external SD card reader to get the info from the SD card into the computer.

The software downloaded, i decompressed the file (119 mb), and installed the software. however when I go to use it, i get a message that says: 'The device communiccations library is required by ResSCan to access data cards and devices. Please reinstall ResScan to correct this problem. You will not be able to download data or configure device settings until this problem is corrected."
I am the administrator and only user of my coputer. I'm pretty sure my IExplorer is higher than 6.0.

I tried installing resscan w/none of the devices checked, and I tried installing w/both the devices associagted w/S9 series checked and got the same message every time.

I have removed and redownloaded the software 4 times trying various configurations. Also in 5.2 it never asked me about all data vs the other options. Perhaps we didn't get that far because of the 'library' issue. Any thoughts on what I am missing?

(01-31-2015, 11:47 AM)Mischief Wrote: I just attempted to download and install resscan 5.2 using the links etc. I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit, and resmed 9s autoset. I do not have any of the adaptive devices that resmed asks about (the card reader or usb adapter etc). I use a generic external SD card reader to get the info from the SD card into the computer.

The software downloaded, i decompressed the file (119 mb), and installed the software. however when I go to use it, i get a message that says: 'The device communiccations library is required by ResSCan to access data cards and devices. Please reinstall ResScan to correct this problem. You will not be able to download data or configure device settings until this problem is corrected."
I am the administrator and only user of my coputer. I'm pretty sure my IExplorer is higher than 6.0.

I tried installing resscan w/none of the devices checked, and I tried installing w/both the devices associagted w/S9 series checked and got the same message every time.

I have removed and redownloaded the software 4 times trying various configurations. Also in 5.2 it never asked me about all data vs the other options. Perhaps we didn't get that far because of the 'library' issue. Any thoughts on what I am missing?

It sounds like you might have selected one of the options during the install. If so, you will have to uninstall the program before you can progress any further. Also, 5.3 has just be superseded by 5.3. To obtain it used the same URL address that you used for 5.2 and change the ".2" to a ".3".
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
No i tried it both w/downloading none of the 3 options, and several permutations of options and no go. I also removed 5.2 and downloaded 5.3. I do see that several other people have had a similar problem and no one has found a solution (or at least posted a solution). I may look into getting a script from my physician to download directly from resmed. Then i can legitimately ask them about this problem w/o revealing the links from this board. Will let you know. Again will in no way discuss this board with resmed.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.3)
ResScan has now been upgraded to version 5.3

If you'd like a copy of this new 5.3 version, please follow the directions in this post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

Note: You will need to create a free forum account to access the above link. If you need to register, CLICK HERE.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I have installed ResScan ver 5.2, it is perfect and gave me full preview on my use during this last period.
tanks
Is there any software that will work on a Mac. The software in the link is an exe (windows) file.
(02-01-2015, 01:13 PM)madnene Wrote: I have installed ResScan ver 5.2, it is perfect and gave me full preview on my use during this last period.
tanks

Could you tell me a couple things since yours worked?:
What device reads your sd card (is it internal reader built into your computer or an external ad reader via usb)
What version of windows do you have
Did you check off any of the three 'reader types' the software mentioned? (The ones everyone said to ignore)
I still can't get past the issue of communication device library

Thanks
(02-04-2015, 01:58 PM)metroshane Wrote: Is there any software that will work on a Mac. The software in the link is an exe (windows) file.

Hi metroshane
SleepyHead compatible with Mac and support ResMed machines, as long the machine is an S9 uses SD card and not an S8 uses data card

Whats the model of your Elite, your profile does not say whether the machine is S9 Elite or S8 Elite

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 83 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 370 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.