Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
bob_car,(time=1303508854) Wrote:Error when downloading v3.14. All appeared ok until selecting ok to install and then got error message ' corrupt file'.
Checking saved file displayed file size of only 145kb. OS was W7. Repeated process and downloaded again to an XP laptop and got same response. This time saved file in this case was 450kb. Has anybody else had similar problem and got a fix. Thanks.
Hi Bob - glad you made it to the forum! Welcome!

The errors you're having are download errors, not install errors. Others have experienced the exact same problem and it's an issue with your Internet connection, not at the ResMed servers - the file size for version 3.14 is around 173 megabytes, total. 145 kb and 450 kb is way, way too small.

It's probably timing out in the download. I would try downloading the file very late at night (after 11 pm) or very early in the morning (before 9 am local time) - when your Internet Service Provider is less busy. You're less likely to get bottleneck issues (and associated downloading problems) at those times.

Prime-time afternoon and evening weekday hours are terrible for downloading large files like this.

Make sure you delete the two corrupted files you previously downloaded prior to attempting to download again. After re-downloading, check the file size again and make sure it's around 173 MB.

Also, once downloaded successfully, during the install, it may ask you if you want to install the ResMed drivers. DO NOT INSTALL THEM.

Let us know how it goes.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 3.16) [copied from old forum]
datguykirt Wrote:
datguykirt,(time=1304961612) Wrote:
datguykirt,(time=1304961029) Wrote:
Katie,(time=1304951971) Wrote:
datguykirt,(time=1304950787) Wrote:I just downloaded it again and the file name says it's 3.14, just like the last one did and the file size is exactly the same. If I uninstall ResScan and install the new one, will I lose all of my data?
If you uninstall the previous versioan first I think you'll lose data. The way is to install it right over the old version. When I did that I didn't lose any data and it was upgraded to version 3.14.

The files size should be about 175 megabytes.

But I'm not an expert. That's what happened with me. If you got the link 3 weeks ago from healthcareworker you should have the link to 3.14 or 3.13, but not 3.10.

don't click on the old installation file instead of the new one.
OK, Installed version 3.14 - ran it, edited the XML file again to remove exceptions for Respiratory Rate and Tidal Volumes for the Detailed Graphs. Downloaded the data from the SD card and all of the graphs were there. Then I tried to save a report with data from 20-Apr- to 08-May-2011 (19 days) and got the same Exception Error...with no option but to quit ResScan.
NOTE: The program can still do shorter spans in detailed graph reports and the full 19 days in a summary report. I think the problem is that it can't handle the volume of data in a full detailed report for 19 days. Actually, the problem started with 17 days. Has anyone created a Detailed Report of more than 17 days of data?
Doing a little more investigation and found that the file size of the reports has gone from a couple of Mb to 33 Mb just by adding 2 extra days and the reports are mostly crammed together and hard to read. Something is definitely wrong with the program. I have un-installed and then re-installed version 3.14 but it hasn't fixed the problem. There might be some Registry issues now.
Am I really the only person having this problem?
Bikerbob Wrote:I have tried the link to download the manual; it takes me to the google site; but I don't see any manual to download.
Is the manual still available or what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Bikerbob
Katie Wrote:Hi Bob!

The ResScan manual is included when you install the program.

Mine is at:

c:\program files\resmed\ResScan3\ResScan Clinician's Manual.pdf

Or if you're on the google docs page and you see the manual go up to the left top, select FILE, then DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL.
Katie,(time=1307566521) Wrote:
JoeCool,(time=1307550686) Wrote:How long does it usually take for "Health care worker" to send the download link? Sent request several hours ago .... nothing yet. Just wondering if the "auto respond" is still working.
It is immediate. I just tried and it worked fine.

Somtimes Gmail marks messages as spam. I would try from a different email address and it will probably work.
For those of you who are not receiving the ResMed email from healthcareworker's auto-responder, I would make sure you don't have a virus on your computer.

At my gmail address, I get TONS automated spam from our members sent out from a virus which has taken control of the member's email contact list. If a virus has taken control of your computer, you'll have no idea, and all the spam email messages that the virus sends out to your contacts list gets marked as spam by the recipient eventually, and will not be read.

First step is to try sending the request via a totally separate email address, like a free Gmail account.

If that works, next thing I'd do is change your email address password, and do a full and complete virus scan on your computer, since something isn't right with your usual email address.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Hi Sarah, read this page on How to Find the Best Pressure:

http://www.apneaboard.com/methods.htm

The AHI definition and ranges are listed there... generally you should be lower than an AHI of 5.0.

Usage is simply how many hours you use your CPAP each night.

Also, it would help us to help you if you would fill out your profile with type and model of CPAP, type of mask, pressures, etc. Go up to the top of this page and select PREFERENCE, then UPDATE PROFILE. Without knowing which machine you have (I'm assuming it's an auto-CPAP of some sort) it's hard to answer your questions, but generally, most machines will not reduce pressure immediately if you take the mask off for only a short period of time.

On the mask, make sure you don't over tighten it. Might want to check out Jeff's post on getting a proper mask fit, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

Full face masks are notorious for leaks. If you can at all tolerate a nasal mask or nasal pillows (prongs) mask, that is a much better option for controlling leaks.

Hope this helps!

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

bwexler,(time=1312764068) Wrote:I get the following error message when I attempt to install ResScan 3.14:

ResScan requires that your computer is running Windows 98 SE or Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 or Windows XP

I am running windows XP Pro 64 Bit Service Pack 2
Some have had issues when installing ResScan with 64-bit WindowsXP... it seems to install fine using 64-bit Windows7, however. I have run ResScan 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.13 and 3.14 successfully in Windows7 64-bit.

As one possibility, you could attempt to run ResScan in "Compatibility Mode", which is a function in WinXP & Win7 that allows 32 bit programs to run okay in 64 bit systems.

The "Compatibility Mode" of ResScan can be modified by opening the program Properties, select the Compatibility tab, and set the "Compatibility mode" to the requested Operating System. This will "fool" the application into thinking it is running on one of the other OSs. This does not work in every instance, however.

Go to Microsoft's site HERE for detailed info on running programs using Compatibility Mode.

Let us know if you find a solution that works.

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Katie Wrote:
claude3t,(time=1316695661) Wrote:Hi,

I am new here and want to download the application. Meanwhile, do you really need to put your real email in Resmed website in order to get it downloaded?

Thanks
No, just an email address that looks about right. I think I put in something like me77777@gmail.com and it worked okay.
wai2,(time=1319992033) Wrote:I have a problem with generating a detail report on 3.14, it will be crashed when I create a report with over 10 days data. And I found the "Detail Graph" shows strange scale and the graphs are quite messy.

Is it a bug on 3.14? Do anyone know when will have a new release, and will this issue be fixed? Thanks a lot.
Hi wai2 - welcome to Apnea Board!

Seems to me someone else posted about this issue in this very same thread - you might want to read through the entire history.

Can't remember for sure but it may have been solved by doing a complete un-install and re-install of the program.

Also, I do know that there are minor upgrades from time to time (even within version 3.14) so if you haven't downloaded version 3.14 lately (within the past month) you may want to try it again as there might have been some small changes.

Don't know when a new release will come out. They seem to put a new one out every 6 months or so, but that may slow to a longer period of time as they have more and more of the bugs worked out. ResMed doesn't let people know what's going to be fixed in the next version.

If ResScan doesn't work out for you, you can also try the free "SleepyHead" software for data and charts. Read about it here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Lachaine,(time=1321711261) Wrote:New ResScan 3.16 sp1 online
Thanks for the heads up, Jean-F... I updated the title of this thread to reflect the new version.

Looks like healthcareworker has already updated the link in the instruction email to 3.16.

Interesting, I noticed that this file is only 95 MG in size as opposed to 175 MB for version 3.14... how does that happen??

Again for those who want the direct link, follow healthcareworkers instructions in this post (you'll need to be logged into your Apnea Board account):

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nload-Link

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.