Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 6
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
This may have been addressed somewhere else in the thread but I couldn't find anything.

Installed Ver 4.3 and there are a couple of problems:

When I start ResScan a window sometimes pops up asking me to select a file to open. I can highlight a user but there is no button I can click to actually load. I have to go to close that window and go to "Open Patient" to pull up the patient info.

But my big headache is I can pull up settings with the SD chip plugged in, but if I change a setting -- pressure for instance-- the save button is grayed out and doesn't work. Obviously changing settings is something the powers to be try to keep out of "civilian" hands so I'm guessing there most be some trick to activating the save settings feature. Can anyone help?

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
07-09-2013 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

That's strange. There's no secret thing at all and it works fine for me.... not sure if you've checked, but is the SD card lock somehow getting moved to the locked position? If so, it can't change any settings at all, because they are written to the SD card.

Anyone know what's going on with this?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-09-2013 11:35 PM
Paptillian Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 10, EPR x2
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I don't have access to ResScan at the moment, but there's what I remember:

(07-09-2013 10:43 AM)Zorki1c Wrote:  When I start ResScan a window sometimes pops up asking me to select a file to open. I can highlight a user but there is no button I can click to actually load. I have to go to close that window and go to "Open Patient" to pull up the patient info.

Yes, I get that pop-up window too and just close it. Like you, I open my patient file from the main ResMed window by clicking "Open" and then selecting my name. Works fine.

Quote:But my big headache is I can pull up settings with the SD chip plugged in, but if I change a setting -- pressure for instance-- the save button is grayed out and doesn't work. Obviously changing settings is something the powers to be try to keep out of "civilian" hands so I'm guessing there most be some trick to activating the save settings feature. Can anyone help?

Which save button exactly is grayed out? The one at the top of the ResMed main window is for saving your data to your patient file. I don't know if it has any effect on the SD card.

I believe the dialog that allows you to make changes to your machine settings is a separate window altogether and it has its own buttons for confirming.
07-10-2013 08:38 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Zorki1c Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
CPAP Pressure: 6

Other Comments:

Found the problem. I was reading the SD card with a reader plugged into a USB port. When I plugged the card into a dedicated SD slot on the computer. I can save new settings with no problem. Go figure.

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 10:01 AM by Zorki1c.)
07-10-2013 08:58 AM
BirdColonel Offline

New Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Auto 5 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Thanks so much for the link. I downloaded and installed ResScan yesterday, then uploaded my SD card and viewed the data.

Very interesting the way it shows I have more central apneas than obstructive apneas.
Anybody know if that is normal or not – good or not?
I will definitely continue to use the software to monitor my progress.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE LINK!!!!!!!
07-15-2013 11:21 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(07-15-2013 11:21 AM)BirdColonel Wrote:  Very interesting the way it shows I have more central apneas than obstructive apneas.
I will definitely continue to use the software to monitor my progress.

Welcome to Apnea Board, BirdColonel. Coffee

Some folks have more centrals than others. It just depends. I would not read anything into one single night's worth of data. I would continue to gather your ResScan data over a 1-2 week period, then re-analyize the number of centrals to the number of obstructive events. If at that time you're still getting the majority of your events as centrals, it might be time to discuss this with your sleep doctor, so they can determine if the centrals are "true central" cause by brain issues, or simply pressure-induced centrals, which can sometimes be caused by too high of a pressure.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

07-15-2013 11:32 AM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(07-15-2013 11:21 AM)BirdColonel Wrote:  Very interesting the way it shows I have more central apneas than obstructive apneas.
As SS said you need to gather data over some time, one night is not a trend. AHI below 5 considered good CPAP therapy, the lower the better

The S9 detect the airways open but don,t know if you were awake or asleep when apnea occurs
Apneas scored while wake are meaningless ought to be tossed out for true AHI value
07-15-2013 12:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
rachelcharron Offline

New Members

Machine: cpap
Mask Make & Model: resmed
Humidifier: resmed
CPAP Pressure: 10-13
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Thumbsup RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 4.3)
Like the software, easy to use interesting info reports. Thanks
07-16-2013 10:25 AM
Paul24 Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S8 Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: Unsure
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Hi,

I have just installed Rescan 4.3 via the link provided. I followed the instructions and DID NOT select any of the drivers during the initial install. I installed on a Windows 7 (32-bit) notebook. I am connecting to a Resmed S8 AutoSet Spirit II machine via the Resmed USB adapter for ResMed S8™ and S8™ II Series machines.

The driver have not installed properly and the program does not recognise the S8 machine. If I go into Device Manager there is a exclamation mark against the driver. Can anyone advise of a way to obtain and install the correct driver for my set up? Thanks in advance.
07-21-2013 07:22 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
andyjh64 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 8.2-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Hi Sorry if this has been answered before, I know that's annoying but I did look! Smile

I've got a Resmed AutoSet Spirit II and I've downloaded the ResScan software but I can't see an obvious way to connect the machine. There is a removable panel at the back that reveals what looks like some kind of data plug but I can't see a card, SD or otherwise. Is it possible that the machine was supplied without a card? When I have taken the machine to the sleep centre in the past I seem to remember them connecting it with some kind of cable. Serial-USB maybe? Has the data been somehow recorded internally so far, and how can I retrieve it? Or should I get a card and start again? Will an SD Card work in this device? Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!
07-25-2013 06:44 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResScan - not supported jmitchell151 3 167 12-06-2016 07:17 PM
Last Post: jmitchell151
Arrow [Admin Note] ResScan - [version 5.7] SuperSleeper 57 7,260 12-01-2016 12:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  ResScan 5.5 cannot run in Windows 10 ant08 6 351 12-01-2016 12:21 PM
Last Post: cbramsey
  new ResMed machine and ResScan software issue fluffyetal 1 201 11-18-2016 06:40 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  can resscan read cards from two machines whirschb 8 498 11-14-2016 04:03 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Question ResScan=Unable to detect device communications library cobaltpanther 6 604 11-12-2016 02:19 PM
Last Post: Kitalarium
  ResScan Prometheus 4 369 11-04-2016 07:11 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper