Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (OLD version: 5.5) [Archived Discussions]
RE: ResScan CPAP Reporting Software (current version: 5.1)
Greetings billdeboard,

I did some screen prints of my ResScan to see if that will help.

I had previously set up myself as a patient and I have set the download data for summary and 2 most recent detailed and high rate data.

[Image: ResScanChoosePatient_zps8bf0578f.jpg]

[Image: ResScanDownLoadPatientData_zpsded8d166.jpg]

[Image: ResScanPatientSettings_zpse89afd38.jpg]
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
(10-20-2014, 11:21 AM)jcarerra Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 10:59 AM)billdeboard Wrote: ...I suspect there is some sort of key or unlock file that physicians and sleep centers get, as legitimate users of this software.

No, that's not the case. Many of us have downloaded the sfw and installed it. But clearly something is a problem in your case.

I would suggest uninstalling it, reinstall, and as first action, create anew patient (you). Then, whenever you open the program, the first step before download is to open the patient.

A second hint...when you get this working and start doing downloads, you need to set the download dialog to get all data. I don't have the SD card IN right now, so can't give you the exact steps.

ALSO, when you start a download (of all data) you will get a screen to select either overwrite or discard duplicate data. ALWAYS select discard. The SD card only holds 7 days of flow data, so after seven days, if you overwrite, it writes ZERO flow data into the ResScan database for days > 7, and you lose your old flow data.

Finally, if you are using Windows 8.1, ALWAYS slide the write lock on the SD card to lock before inserting it into the computer.

Ah .. understand now what I was doing wrong .. I was overwriting each daay ..

Thanks so much for this explanation for us newbie's !!
Same error message. I even checked user properties. I have full control so it's not a read-write issue.
(10-20-2014, 12:00 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Greetings billdeboard,

I did some screen prints of my ResScan to see if that will help.

I had previously set up myself as a patient and I have set the download data for summary and 2 most recent detailed and high rate data.

Thank you. I never got past trying to set myself up as a new patient. The software continues to advise me to get patient file access rights from the system administrator...
Have you tried the uninstall/reinstall of it?
(10-20-2014, 01:17 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Have you tried the uninstall/reinstall of it?

Yes, did that.
(10-20-2014, 01:22 PM)billdeboard Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 01:17 PM)jcarerra Wrote: Have you tried the uninstall/reinstall of it?
Yes, did that.
Find the resscan.exe probbly in
C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\ResScan3
and right click on it > run as administrator.

Wow, that did it. At age 72, still lots of time to eat 'humble pie'. The clue was "administrator". But my weakness has always been using that right-click button. And then reading the lines below "Open". Doh!
Now you can create a shortcut to that file (for example on your desktop, but you can put it wherever you want) and set the shortcut properties to run the file as administrator. From then on, just double click the shortcut.

Do you know how to do this?
(10-21-2014, 07:44 AM)jcarerra Wrote: Now you can create a shortcut to that file (for example on your desktop, but you can put it wherever you want) and set the shortcut properties to run the file as administrator. From then on, just double click the shortcut.

Do you know how to do this?

Yes, now that I'm right-clicking on everything to see what's there - lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.